306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
306 design "improvements" - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 306 design "improvements" (/showthread.php?tid=36726)

306 design "improvements" - Magenta Sunset - 08-04-2018

bit of a loose subject/discussion.

given our combined knowledge of the car, what changes would you make to it better than what was originally designed.

my two'porth would be to mount the gearstick and handbrake about 3 inches further back for better driving comfort, a telescopic adjustable steering column, and the front cubby DIN sized.

feel free to add your design changes below.

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Ben_w - 08-04-2018

1) Bumpstop chassis section. Blind, closed box sections which catch all the crap thrown up by the rear wheels

2) front chassis rails and cant rail sections. Stupid bits everyone jacks them on which werent designed for it. Either design them with jacking in mid or get rid.

3) Bulkhead section behind ecu. Design it so water can escape, not sit there and rot out the bulkhead.

4) Brakelight switch position. Positioned by a contortionist with a an evil sense of humour

5) Airbag plugs under seats... much better solutions than the crap they used....

6) Chocolate cambelts on the 6/Rallyes....

7) Phs 2 headlights. Candles in jamjars were better

I could go on......

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Piggy - 08-04-2018

Totally agree... Basically driving position. Seat further back, throttle pedal at a better angle, telescopic steering wheel and hand controls further back

RE: 306 design "improvements" - cpikey316_ - 08-04-2018

Air con that WORKS! And doesnt break easily.

I'd have another but I can't live without air con!!

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Eeyore - 08-04-2018

cup holders, an arm rest and a better arm rest on the door cards!

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Magenta Sunset - 09-04-2018

nice to know these things

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Rippthrough - 09-04-2018

A drag link cover for the cables through the doors...

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Poodle - 12-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 07:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: Totally agree... Basically driving position. Seat further back, throttle pedal at a better angle, telescopic steering wheel and hand controls further back

QFT.

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Magenta Sunset - 12-04-2018

wonder if we can get the production gear - a-la MBG? (Owner Club/bodies/suppliers etc)

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Mighty306 - 12-04-2018

I would have designed it so the lower engine mount bracket didn't have the sodding drive shaft running through it (on XU's at least.  Not sure if other engines had the same issue).  Makes changing the mount a much bigger job than it should be, especially with those stupid bolts that hold the driveshaft bearing in place!!

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Piggy - 12-04-2018

I'd definitely redesign those shaft retaining bolts!

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Ben_w - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: I'd definitely redesign those shaft retaining bolts!

(12-04-2018, 01:43 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I would have designed it so the lower engine mount bracket didn't have the sodding drive shaft running through it (on XU's at least.  Not sure if other engines had the same issue).  Makes changing the mount a much bigger job than it should be, especially with those stupid bolts that hold the driveshaft bearing in place!!

Both of those arw a proper twat.....the engine i took out of that 6 i nroke, i had to take the whole bracket off and whack the intermediate shaft until it eventually fell out. Glavanic corrosion between a steel bearing shell and that ali bracket

RE: 306 design "improvements" - RetroPug - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 07:49 PM)Ben_w Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: I'd definitely redesign those shaft retaining bolts!

(12-04-2018, 01:43 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I would have designed it so the lower engine mount bracket didn't have the sodding drive shaft running through it (on XU's at least.  Not sure if other engines had the same issue).  Makes changing the mount a much bigger job than it should be, especially with those stupid bolts that hold the driveshaft bearing in place!!

Both of those arw a proper twat.....the engine i took out of that 6 i nroke, i had to take the whole bracket off and whack the intermediate shaft until it eventually fell out. Glavanic corrosion between a steel bearing shell and that ali bracket

It's probably cheaper to have it as all one casting. Someone finding it a bit easier to work on when it is 20 years old doesn't really matter to them!

RE: 306 design "improvements" - Orta - 14-04-2018

CUP HOLDERS!!!

Anyway of getting rid of the hockey sticks that always break as well?