306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Howdy - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Newbies (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Howdy (/showthread.php?tid=35593)

Howdy - steelcityuk - 14-02-2017

Hi,

I've been lurking on the forum on and off over the years but looking to find inspiration for a project has found me reading a lot of your threads over the last few days so I thought I should join up even though I'm not a 306 owner. If it help we're a all french car household. 1x Pug, 1x Citroen and 2x Renault. Over the years I rebuilt various engines, XUD9, XU10 RGX, XUD11, DK5ATE, K9K728 so I'm OK with a set of spanners.

So the inspiration I was looking for was what to do with my Citroen XM engine wise. It's currently running a 2.1 XUD with Bosch pump. I rebuilt the top end, turbo and put a new clutch in it a few years ago and it's just as a 2.1 should be BUT I was wondering whether I could improve it's driveability with a turbo upgrade (maybe even VNT) or a swap to a 2.0 HDI 110 with remap. I'm after something that picks up lower down the rev range and maybe stronger in the mid range, I'm not after massive bhp because it wouldn't suit the car. I've also go a spare nearly complete 2.1 XUD that's only got around 80k so if I stick with XUDs I can rebuild this one and swap over. 

I've owned a few HDi 110s and dCi's (100, 120 and 130 bhp) that have been remapped and like the way they pull whilst still being relatively smoke free. All the dCi's have had various faults when I've bought them so dealing with the engine looms and sensors doesn't put me off. I've got a Lexia clone and a couple of tools for putting maps onto ECUs. 

Here a photo of the XMs engine before it went back in.

[Image: 5618671002.jpg]

Steve.

RE: Howdy - Mattcheese31 - 14-02-2017

welcome to the club, good to see another Yorkshire lad about, Sheffield i'm guessing lol, i'm from more over Doncaster side, few lads on here have been tinkering with the 2.1's for a while now so you should get the advice you need, i'm still on the 1.9 xud9te Smile

RE: Howdy - Eeyore - 14-02-2017

welcome to the club. that engine looks very tidy. good work Big Grin

RE: Howdy - allye - 14-02-2017

By far the easiest thing to do would be to stick a 90HDI engine in it as it's the same base engine as a 110, 90's being non multiplex so far easier to work with. With a intercooler remap and a clutch you'll see a reliable 145bhp!

Or you could do what my next project is with a Citroen CX GTI and got a twin turbo 3.0 V6 diesel for 300bhp!!!!

RE: Howdy - steelcityuk - 14-02-2017

Thanks for the welcome. Ah the CX.... the car of my dreams.

I'm guessing you guessed from the username. My first Frenchie was a 405 GTX TD estate. Lovely car until shunted from behind.

Just for a contrast here's the K9k728 from my Scenic.

[Image: 3B33DC94-2790-47F7-98AF-16FA3BD8FA69.jpg]

RE: Howdy - Matt-Rallye - 14-02-2017

Wow those engines look so damn clean! good effort!

Stick around and im sure you'll find plenty of inspiration from the likes of piggys 2.1xud or darren lobbs various vnt blowered hdi excursions! Big Grin

RE: Howdy - steelcityuk - 14-02-2017

Thanks very much.

RE: Howdy - Eeyore - 14-02-2017

(14-02-2017, 01:00 PM)allye Wrote: By far the easiest thing to do would be to stick a 90HDI engine in it as it's the same base engine as a 110, 90's being non multiplex so far easier to work with. With a intercooler remap and a clutch you'll see a reliable 145bhp!

Or you could do what my next project is with a Citroen CX GTI and got a twin turbo 3.0 V6 diesel for 300bhp!!!!

what 3.0 v6 diesel is that?

RE: Howdy - allye - 14-02-2017

The PSA/Jaguar Land Rover engine, similar to he 2.7, 3.0 is more rare but found in some modern big citroens. There are companies in the U.K that can supply and have successfully run them in older cars with the auto box too!