306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? (/showthread.php?tid=3452)

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Oil-burner - 14-05-2012

I've got some (legal) pressed plates coming tomorrow, just need your opinion on the above!
I've seen these on the bay of e, what you think??

Item number 220990529506

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Grant - 14-05-2012

Look good mate, am looking at getting some myself soon too.

Think Matt has them on his car if you wanna look up his progress blog...

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Matt - 14-05-2012

Yes!!! Do it! Pressed plates don't look right without them.

[Image: 961d7cb2.jpg]

[Image: 0d031560.jpg]

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Jake - 14-05-2012

I have some similar, look awesome!

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - samass - 14-05-2012

number plate surrounds. deffo number plate surrounds, they look sick!

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Niall - 14-05-2012

Gotta be done. Keep meaning to buy these before fcs but I know there was a stall there last year selling the, for 15 a set I think.

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Dum-Dum - 14-05-2012

Surrounds look cheap and tacky IMO. Better off without.

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - C.A.R. - 14-05-2012

Dum-Dum Wrote:Surrounds look cheap and tacky IMO. Better off without.

I thought this, but on the other hand I gave in and fitted them to my Cabbie. They were high quality, looked good and meant that I didn't need to drill my plates - simply slot in and lock into place. The ones the OP linked don't look great imo, mine had nice dome badges along the bottom edge and looked of higher quality. I'll see if I can find a pic...

EDIT:
Here, although looking at my pictures I never fitted one to the front; just the back -

[Image: 27052010290.jpg]

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Oil-burner - 14-05-2012

The only reason I looked at these is because they have a thinner border than the rest. I've ordered one so I'll see what they look like, if I like them I'll order the other one for fcs.

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Eeyore - 14-05-2012

I got mine so i didnt have to drill my pressed plates and also sticky tape wont hold a pressed plate onto the front bumper as its curved. Sometimes i like the look and some times i think theyre cheap and nasty but overall i think theyre pretty good Big Grin

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Mattcheese31 - 14-05-2012

just use sticky pads myself . . . . .do it right and they won't come off .Smile

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Jake - 14-05-2012

c.a.r. Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Surrounds look cheap and tacky IMO. Better off without.

I thought this, but on the other hand I gave in and fitted them to my Cabbie. They were high quality, looked good and meant that I didn't need to drill my plates - simply slot in and lock into place. The ones the OP linked don't look great imo, mine had nice dome badges along the bottom edge and looked of higher quality. I'll see if I can find a pic...

EDIT:
Here, although looking at my pictures I never fitted one to the front; just the back -

[Image: 27052010290.jpg]

These are what I have. I think they look better than a plate with no surround !

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Matt - 15-05-2012

Think number plate surrounds only look good when using pressed plates. Normal plastic plates don't look right lol

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - mark_airey - 15-05-2012

SRowell Wrote:I got mine so i didnt have to drill my pressed plates and also sticky tape wont hold a pressed plate onto the front bumper as its curved. Sometimes i like the look and some times i think theyre cheap and nasty but overall i think theyre pretty good Big Grin

I have to say that my front pressed plate stayed on using sticky pads for over a year and I bent it trying to remove it again so it was still attached fairly well lol

In regard to surrounds, personally I don't like them but its a matter of taste!

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Kezzieboy - 16-05-2012

No surrounds IMO, and as said, sticky pads will definitely do the job without drilling the plates Big Grin

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Oil-burner - 16-05-2012

I've opted for no surrounds, plates look good as is!
Got some no more nails sticky pads from Wilkos and it's going nowhere! Lol

Re: Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - WiNgNuTz - 16-05-2012

Just out of curiousity, anyone who has fitted surrounds with pressed plates on the front, did you have to bend the plates to fit them properly, or does the surround hold the plate well enough to remove the need to pre-bend it? If you know what i mean! lol

Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? - Matt - 16-05-2012

I never bent my plate. The surrond kinda holds it too shape Smile