306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
classic car insurance - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: classic car insurance (/showthread.php?tid=34339)

classic car insurance - DeeTurbo - 15-06-2016

Hi,

I'm thinking of putting the GTI on a classic car policy.

Any recommendation on which company to use?

RE: classic car insurance - ginge191 - 15-06-2016

Footman James. Spot on policies and speedy. All done online within minutes

RE: classic car insurance - Toms306 - 15-06-2016

I couldn't find anywhere to do the GTi6 on classic insurance, had to be 20 years old iirc.

RE: classic car insurance - powerandtorque - 16-06-2016

I'm with Lancaster on the 205. They were very cheap price wise for me and dealings with them so far have been fine, but I've not had to claim which of course is the real test of how good or otherwise an insurer actually is...

(15-06-2016, 08:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I couldn't find anywhere to do the GTi6 on classic insurance, had to be 20 years old iirc.

Whilst 20 years is common, there's not really a fixed point at which a car becomes eligible for classic insurance - depends very much on the insurer/underwriter and the car in question. Certainly in the past I've insured 205's as classics when they were less than 20 years old without any issue.

classic car insurance - Sambarker - 16-06-2016

+1 for Lancaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: classic car insurance - Blaze Addict - 16-06-2016

+2 for Lancaster

Had my Mk1 MR2 insured with them and that was only nudging 20 years old when I got it

RE: classic car insurance - procta - 16-06-2016

All depends on the car, from what I gather with insurance companies, Kriss knott wouldn't touch the metro even though they had a 15 year old classic car policy, which they got put in their place for that. As the GTA at the time was 17 years old.
this metro been 25 years old can be insurance as a classic car, but with it been modified, they wont touch it as its got to be standard. That came from brentacre car insurance they stated that no matter what it is, as long as it was 25 years old and standard they would insurance it as a classic car.

RE: classic car insurance - powerandtorque - 16-06-2016

Again, different insurers (or rather, underwriters) have differing policies - plenty that will cover modifications without issue (and in my experience, often with little or no additional cost)

RE: classic car insurance - DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 17-06-2016

Hi,
Feel free to try us for insurance if you like.

In terms of a classic policy - It depends what you assume a classic policy consists of. A lot of companies do have an age restriction however just because a car hits X amount of years of age does not necessarily mean it's automatically a classic car in insurance terms.

We can offer limited mileage, agreed value, like for like cover on modifications and lots more, I'd certainly be happy to have a chat regarding your insurance requirements if you wanted to PM me your details.

Kind regards,
Dan.

RE: classic car insurance - Orta - 17-06-2016

Nowhere would insure the Rallye as a classic. And that's T-Plate.

I went with green light (see all the threads on gti6.com) got a mega deal. I don't recall the exact amount but it's sub £280

RE: classic car insurance - lookintheMirror - 29-07-2021

(17-06-2016, 08:52 AM)DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Wrote: Hi,
Feel free to try us for insurance if you like.

In terms of a classic policy - It depends what you assume a classic policy consists of. A lot of companies do have an age restriction however just because a car hits X amount of years of age does not necessarily mean it's automatically a classic car in insurance terms.

We can offer limited mileage, agreed value, like for like cover on modifications and lots more, I'd certainly be happy to have a chat regarding your insurance requirements if you wanted to PM me your details.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Sorry to bring this up, but thank you for sharing such useful information, exactly what I was looking for. I tried to call you, but all without success, I think the other day to come to you in the service. See if you can insure my GTI. I also have a lot of rarity cars, inherited from my grandfather. I don't know if you can insure them, they're 80 years old or something. My friends advise me to get it from joywallet.com. Maybe I should try two options, I have a lot of cars. We'll see where the best terms are.

RE: classic car insurance - DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 31-07-2021

Hi,
Hopefully we can help out.
Regards,
Dan.