306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Marques (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) (/showthread.php?tid=34276)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) - ginge191 - 06-06-2016

Guess I shoudl start one of these up!  Peugeot 205 1.8 DT SCEPTRE, 3 door, sun roof, aircon, cruise control and a sleek white finish which glistens in the sun. Few age related marks.

Pictures will do the talking. Saw this absolute GEM on a local website advertised for an absolute steal. I had to negotiate the price, but we settled on what we both though was a fair price. Piles of cash parter, I drove this over to my yard and can honestly say the drive was absolutely spot on! I mean, REALLY spot on...pulls well, no knocks or creaks, brakes are surprisingly well and underside has absolute zero rust.

Plan is, to MOT it as soon as possible and in the mean time, over the summer break, build an XUD9 lump to drop in it. Local friend currently drives a boosted sedan and is very handy with a welder would like to help and make up a gearbox mounted turbo which is porbably the route it'll take.

By the way, this will have NO shiny bits and will be a DILLIGAF car.

Anyway, long of the short.... It had taken a hit at some point, had a browse to see the damage - the bumped is ruined, the valance is repairable as is the headlight. Indicator needs replacing which is on the way. Apart from that, no damage! OH, and the mint wing had a dent (which i just pushed out to make flush....)

PICS:

[Image: P1jjB9l.jpg]

[Image: 3u25Hlw.jpg]

[Image: 38l81fq.jpg]

[Image: NThHTiw.jpg]

[Image: OWo5aSG.jpg]

[Image: SeZ0dfT.jpg]

[Image: 2tB5wEA.jpg]

[Image: aI2QnQH.jpg]

AND DAMN are these seats comfy!

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - bashbarnard - 06-06-2016

love it. i really need something like this in my life at some point. good luck with it i say

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Eeyore - 06-06-2016

wow that intake pipe is pretty sexy! dilligaf but do make it nice :'(

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Niall - 06-06-2016

So is this replacing the meg or is this a side project Steve?

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 08:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: wow that intake pipe is pretty sexy! dilligaf but do make it nice :'(

Problem is, it's falling apart (and falling into the ittake) so had to botch something up for now Sad

(06-06-2016, 08:15 PM)Niall Wrote: So is this replacing the meg or is this a side project Steve?

Side project. Megane is staying for the foreseeable future

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Toms306 - 06-06-2016

Not sure I have anything to add, but every time I see the title it reminds me of this... lol

[Image: char_18247.jpg]

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Eeyore - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 08:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not sure I have anything to add, but every time I see the title it reminds me of this... lol

[Image: char_18247.jpg]

the racoons isnt it?

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Toms306 - 06-06-2016

Yup. Cedrick Sidney Sneer...

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Dum-Dum - 07-06-2016

Don't be a 1.9 fanny. XUD11 FTW.

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 11-06-2016

Small update

Spent last few days sorting the front end.
99p for some epoxy resin - fixed bumper, valance and headlight.
Front end is all back together.

Checked over everything else prior to MOT and found that the screen wash pump nipple was like cheese and the pipe wasn't able to hold. Tried glueing, cable tieing. Nothing so bought a new one.

MOT soon

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - 399road - 13-06-2016

Wow. That's a real thing of beauty. Wish mine had that level of patina. Proper ripe for a sleeper build. Good luck.

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 15-06-2016

New screen wash pump arrived and fitted - working and ready

Attempt for an MOT this weekend if there's space

Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Sambarker - 16-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yup. Cedrick Sidney Sneer...

Wasn't it Cyril sneer?

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 05-07-2016

Update:

Have an engine located. Being delivered to be yard within the next couple of weeks.

Sourced a fuel pump, turbo, suspension, brakes, intercooler and steering wheel.

Been working on this today. Managed to get a fair bit done.

Tested out the new impact gun; made light work cracking off the driveshaft nuts.

- stripped front end off (bumper, grill, slam panel, lights, rad, fans)
- disconnected loom and labelled bits i need for later.
- disconnected bits on top (throttle, fuel lines)

Came across an usual thing which I'm stumped with, any help would be great; power steering. There's a pipe leaving the filler unit and heads to the side of the bay and goes along the bulkhead, then joins a hard line and towards the rear brakes. What on earth is this?

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - powerandtorque - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 03:28 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Came across an usual thing which I'm stumped with, any help would be great; power steering. There's a pipe leaving the filler unit and heads to the side of the bay and goes along the bulkhead, then joins a hard line and towards the rear brakes. What on earth is this?

Sounds like the cooling loop. If you look under the car it should loop back and then run to the return side of the steering rack.

Not needed in my experience on road or track so can be safely removed.

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 04:36 PM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 03:28 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Came across an usual thing which I'm stumped with, any help would be great; power steering. There's a pipe leaving the filler unit and heads to the side of the bay and goes along the bulkhead, then joins a hard line and towards the rear brakes. What on earth is this?

Sounds like the cooling loop.  If you look under the car it should loop back and then run to the return side of the steering rack.

Not needed in my experience on road or track so can be safely removed.

How odd.. I've never seen it before. 
so does it go to anything? Or just loop around?

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - Danny Wideboy - 05-07-2016

Loops around under the car and airflow cools the fluid.
Pointless and easily bypassed.

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 16-07-2016

Update:

Painted all front metal behind the bumper for the sake of rust protection and continuity of white paint under the bonnet.
Painted behind headlights etc

Removed drop links, TRE, wishbone bolts and realised that the brakes were bolted on with pentagon gerling bolts which are ffffffucking stupid. Socket ordered.

Disconnected remaining PAS pipes, exhaust, matrix pipes and gear linkages. Engine should be out next week.

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 24-07-2016

Pics finally for anyone following.

Delivery chaps arrived - very friendly guys indeed and happy to lend a hand moving it as far as they could
[Image: DOihvpK.jpg]

205 meet engine, engine meet 205.
[Image: knK2WB1.jpg]

Kept there for a little while, whilst disconnected the rest of the confusion pipework at the back of the 205.

Mr Bush popped round. Changed the AUX belt on his 206 then gave a helping hand removing the 205 lump.
[Image: lV5R4Gt.jpg]

Gave the bay a degreasing and power hose and a lick of paint in areas which will be seen...mainly the areas of rust.

[Image: TzwLyEQ.jpg]

Spent the day stripping back the new 1.9 lump and discovering many issues along the way  - breaker said he'd 'dropped' the engine from about 2ft as it was lowering from the crane and hairline cracked the sump - not a massive issue.  He also told me the 'man he left i charge' couldn't remove the gearbox ... ok so free gearbox to sell, then found the flywheel had been cracked!? and also the auxillary mount. NOT happy. Going to use the 205 aux setup instead - no PAS needed!

I'm reluctant to be using this given now the fly is going to be off-weighted...
[Image: 7QoUDDg.jpg]

And the remaining bits to be fitted!

[Image: rYL3US4.jpg][Image: U3K3oIR.jpg]

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - mr_fish - 25-07-2016

ahh good progress, not seen oil filter setup like that before.

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 06-08-2016

Today's work

Removed old Cambelt, water pump and tensioner, fit new WP & tensioner.

Took off old semi-ecu Bosch, fit non-ecu Bosch

Fit speedo unit and oil seal back to gearbox

Started fitting new Cambelt, got really sweaty, angry as it kept slipping a tooth so left it for today.

Not much more to do before dropping her in.

Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - bashbarnard - 06-08-2016

Nice, wouldnt run it with that flywheel though man. good to see some progress. Like progressing threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Sedrick the sleeper sceptre - ginge191 - 06-08-2016

(06-08-2016, 02:46 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Nice, wouldnt run it with that flywheel though man. good to see some progress. Like progressing threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, it's running the 205 drivetrain, for now.

RE: The boosted 205 rat - ginge191 - 14-08-2016

Update.

Cambelt, water pump, fuel pump, clutch and gearbox refitted.

Inlet Mani on and 205 aux setup and sump installed with small modifying.

Got pics but CBA to upload unless anyone really wants to see another generic XUD out of its shell.

Have my welder coming round this next few days to begin gearbox mounting the turbo.

RE: The boosted 205 rat - procta - 14-08-2016

gingers, how are you finding parts for these? looks like its going to be a cracker when finished! roof rack will make it more sleeper. I do often wonder if the J Plate white 205 Dturbo that one of the lads sold on still survives, he turned that car into cracker!

RE: The boosted 205 rat - ginge191 - 14-08-2016

(14-08-2016, 12:55 AM)procta Wrote: gingers, how are you finding parts for these? looks like its going to be a cracker when finished!  roof rack will make it more sleeper.  I do often wonder if the J Plate white 205 Dturbo that one of the lads sold on still survives, he turned that car into cracker!

That J plate was max with 'Joey', that thing was lovely! 

Erm, pump I sourced from a breaker, brakes, turbo and intercooler from MrFish, springs from poodle and the rest had been salvaged from either engine. 

Havn't had loads of time this week due to work but should get a fair bit more done next week!

RE: The boosted 205 rat - ginge191 - 19-08-2016

He lives.

Had no oil in but gave it a crank to see it lived. Cranked once which was good enough to me.

I'll get some fluids in and get it fired up.

RE: The boosted 205 rat - Eeyore - 21-08-2016

good progress ginge! look forward to seeing it together!

RE: The boosted 205 rat - ginge191 - 21-08-2016

(21-08-2016, 09:47 AM)Eeyore Wrote: good progress ginge! look forward to seeing it together!

Cheers mate Smile

Made an amateur mistake - chucked some oil in so i could get it started, forgot i had no turbo attached, 4L of Castrol everywhere from the turbo oil line  Dodgy  lesson learnt.

Having issues with the pump at the moment - so bare with me!

RE: The boosted 205 rat - ginge191 - 23-08-2016

Ok, some pictures to go along with the few updates

The bay got a lick of paint - mainly to stop the rust behind the headlights and along the chassis - no major rust, but a preventative never hurt.

[Image: BMT6ykU.jpg]

The new lump - no turbo as it's being relocated

[Image: jhtNEe8.jpg]

[Image: njZVQap.jpg?1]

Matt came over to lend some force 

[Image: Qy61V8g.jpg]

'Eat some chicken!' 

[Image: ySg25cu.jpg]

[Image: OzFLvKP.jpg]

And within 30 minutes, she was in

[Image: 0Q5jcN2.jpg]

And my intention was to not use a great amount from the 205 lump, but i I have for a number of reasons - weight, ease, compatibility, clearance.

Bit's i've removed from the XUD 7 which is now on the XUD 9:

- Sump - this is SO much lighter than the XUD9 sump, required little modifying
- Oil cooler and adapter - it doesn't show in the pics, but the filter you can see sits too far forward, the 205 oil cooler sits up like an 'erection' and allows the standard RAD and fans to be used
- Water hoses 
- Auxillary setup - XUD9 bracket had aircon, PAS and alternator. I'm just using the alternator so used the XUD7 pulley and belt with this
- Gearbox - again, for ease and time. It's so much easier to install than the other boxes as, 1) the release bearing is loose and isn't attached to the pressure plate making the gearbox removing/fitting a piece of piss. 2) the clutch cable remains the same, 3) My knowledge with clutches and cables isn't great so for me, this was a comfortable option.
- Exhaust manifold - the way the XUD7 manifold sits, it's much more flat, has no EGR and is a lot easier to work with in comparison.
- And the OEM fuel filter has been sacked off for a larger, 'TT' inline filter with 10mm hosing.

[Image: XN1aVDF.jpg]

C&C Welcome