306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Help Improve 306oc - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Help Improve 306oc (/showthread.php?tid=33772)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Ruan - 15-04-2016

Well I do have quite a bit of money invested in the Cayman Islands if that's what you mean...

RE: Help Improve 306oc - ginge191 - 15-04-2016

(13-04-2016, 05:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Track days..

Any reply with this admins?? 

This is something cars are for once they've been bought/built, surely?  Idea

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Eeyore - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 04:59 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(13-04-2016, 05:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Track days..

Any reply with this admins?? 

This is something cars are for once they've been bought/built, surely?  Idea

Nah build them and sell them mate. Standard.

For anyone interested ive found the map of where we are thread. Hasnt been updated for sometime. please update!

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1760

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Danny Wideboy - 15-04-2016

(13-04-2016, 11:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: Be nicer to people 
(15-04-2016, 07:31 AM)toseland Wrote: To procta.

That must have been a painful experience, did you book the AA van in advance for that one.

Piggy speaks the truth. 
I am aware of myself being a bit of a wanker online and will make a massive effort to stop trolling or winding people up on purpose. 
This place is awesome and I want it to thrive.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Toms306 - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 06:33 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:

That must have been a painful experience, did you book the AA van in advance for that one.

Piggy speaks the truth. 
I am aware of myself being a bit of a wanker online and will make a massive effort to stop trolling or winding people up on purpose. 

Most of us are sarcastic, piss-taking arseholes... That's what makes the forum great! We don't want to become all formal and 'nice' imo... Tongue

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Danny Wideboy - 15-04-2016

There is a point where a pisstake becomes a general dig at somebody and I know I have crossed the line before.
A community shouldn't be digging each other out for their shortcomings.
Actively encouraging people is the way forward.
I have been on many forums and this forum is the best for mad ideas, but one of the worst for accepting new ides.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - procta - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 06:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 06:33 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:

Piggy speaks the truth. 

Most of us are sarcastic, piss-taking arseholes...  That's what makes the forum great!  We don't want to become all formal and 'nice' imo... Tongue

(15-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: There is a point where a pisstake becomes a general dig at somebody and I know I have crossed the line before.
I have been on many forums and this forum is the best for mad ideas, but one of the worst for accepting new ides.

as danny said, there is a point where a piss take goes well to far, and really does spoil a thread, and it really does put people off, in fact it starts to make the community look childish and not very welcoming at all. It never used to be like that at all, everything was controlled and lines were not crossed. Everyone used to support and encourage people with their projects, even if things did turn sour.
Now for some reason since the change, things have gone nasty now.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - cully - 15-04-2016

Group Hug!

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Piggy - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 07:17 PM)cully Wrote: Group Hug!

No offence either way... I like you paul... But its imature comments like that in response to genuine concern about forum chatter and negativity that is the issue.

We should be more encouraging and less trolling. Joking about just doesn't work so well online as it does in person

I do like the idea of track days but you will never get everyone and their car ready at the same time
ive recently experianced this with my friend who we did a combe track day together
the other thing about trackdays is the position of the tracks around the country
combe is my local at 2.5hrs round trip
cadwel park is atleast 9 hrs round trip

trackdays are quite a large outlay which most people find hard to stump up

car shows on the other hand tickets are cheap in advance or can be bought on the gate

RE: Help Improve 306oc - procta - 15-04-2016

You know, if some of you follow motor sport, Ie the BTCC or the F1, why not use that as an excuse, for shows, BTCC would be favourite, As the Scottish cruise lads and the Vauxhall club, had a event on at Knockhill when the BTCC was there. The F1 would be great for a meet and a weekend away, But it would be an expensive one, but if things were planned early one etc.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - 1616six - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 07:20 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 07:17 PM)cully Wrote: Group Hug!

No offence either way... I like you paul... But its imature comments like that in response to genuine concern about forum chatter and negativity that is the issue.

We should be more encouraging and less trolling. Joking about just doesn't work so well online as it does in person

Strangely Piggy & I seem to be on the same wavelength these days which is good. 

I agree, we've managed somehow to keep this thread civil, had some great discussions and good suggestions here... Let's keep it going

RE: Help Improve 306oc - 306Dan - 15-04-2016

Definatly agree about the forum skin needng updating, that and some of the comments/reply's really do put people off.
Im not saying its all of the comments but just the odd ones

RE: Help Improve 306oc - ginge191 - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 07:25 PM)cully Wrote: I do like the idea of track days but you will never get everyone and their car ready at the same time
ive recently experianced this with my friend who we did a combe track day together
the other thing about trackdays is the position of the tracks around the country
combe is my local at 2.5hrs round trip
cadwel park is atleast 9 hrs round trip

trackdays are quite a large outlay which most people find hard to stump up

car shows on the other hand tickets are cheap in advance or can be bought on the gate

Hmm, it's not that much of an outlay... £100 for the day?

You only need 30 people or so...if it doesn't fetch the numbers purely through the forum, spread it out. It doesn't have to be a 306 thoroughbred day. 

You're saying tracks are far away, but, it's where the shows are...so kind of defeats the point made about distance. There're a tonne of people who'd be up for it...

£100 for a basic track... Then the time off work... Fuel costs... Wear on the car for a day on track...

It does add up. What about 1/4 drag strip day?!

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Eeyore - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 08:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: £100 for a basic track... Then the time off work... Fuel costs... Wear on the car for a day on track...

The easiest way to do it is just hijack an existing day. Find one in advance say we are doing it... Everyone book... Everyone turn up... Done.

This is what culky did and I know he invited a few people. Me and some of the ea lot will be doing snetterton soon so I'll post that up.

I'll sort a 1/4 mile day soon

(15-04-2016, 08:43 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 08:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: £100 for a basic track... Then the time off work... Fuel costs... Wear on the car for a day on track...

The easiest way to do it is just hijack an existing day. Find one in advance say we are doing it... Everyone book... Everyone turn up... Done.

This is what culky did and I know he invited a few people. Me and some of the ea lot will be doing snetterton soon so I'll post that up.

Snetterton is 9hr round trip for me Sad
its great living here but the access to stuff like circuits is pants
give us an idea of dates il see what i can do

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Toms306 - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 08:53 PM)cully Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 08:43 PM)Eeyore Wrote:

Snetterton is 9hr round trip for me Sad
its great living here but the access to stuff like circuits is pants
give us an idea of dates il see what i can do

Except Combe where everything seems to be! Confused

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Dum-Dum - 15-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 02:38 PM)silverzx Wrote: why not have a start of "Spring/Summer" themed annual meet too?

Hey, yeah, thats a great idea!
Something like a club stand at one of the early shows, something exciting on interesting, maybe the Spring Action Day at Combe.
Maybe we could organise a great iconic location for the club to meet at within easy reach of many major roads and somewhere they'd actively welcome us as well as doing great food and beer and having cute waitresses.

Oh Wait........

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Poodle - 16-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: There is a point where a pisstake becomes a general dig at somebody and I know I have crossed the line before.

I could probably stretch myself to admitting this, also, although i'm not sure i know how to change. Blush

Ginge, why don't you organise a track day? You seem pretty keen on the idea and were contributing a lot of suggestions last time it came up, get on it!

RE: Help Improve 306oc - RetroPug - 16-04-2016

(14-04-2016, 10:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You've met me as well Magenta, but I'm easily forgettable! lol

There is a map though, it's stickied somewhere, top of the couch I think.

And me.

If people want forum trackdays and meets then why don't they try organising one themselves? The forum is free to use and is kept going by the initiative and proactive efforts of the people who are actively involved. If you want there to be club activities, become a proactive member yourself and get it done.

A year and a half ago or so I organised one, we ate burgers and drove 306s around. It was great, and not difficult to set up at all. I just made a thread.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - pug306driver - 16-04-2016

I have not read all this thread from the beginning, naught me!! as I have limited internet time, but let me say, I truly think that this forum is the best in the country, dare I say planet!

I would be well and truly lost about systems etc. on our car if it where not for this forum. The Haynes manual is not very good, but info on here is, learnt the hard way probably, thru experience and working/owning/driving these cars.

I do pass on info I feel will help and now consider myself and advanced 306 tyro, all due to this forum., but I still have so so so much to learn!

I always learn something new ( strange for an old dog, so that myth is well and truly blown out of the water, about time to!  ) every time | come on here.

I now have pp2000, the same system as someone on here purchased, and have nearly quashed the paranoia of actually connecting it to the car, so have much more to learn.

We intend this car to be  a real keeper, and even want one ( estate ) for the lad to drive ( instead of biking ) to work etc. It just makes so much sense.

Face book to me seems to be full of b£$%(*&$d morons and idiots, so keep that lot out.

More power to pug306ownersclub

I fully agree that internet talk looses intention, body language, tongue in cheek, you cant see there eyes etc etc etc and can sometimes really upset people, as the thread/message is heard in the readers head, not the head of the writer, so misunderstanding etc can result, in un intended hostility etc.

So keep it simple, blunt and to the point. A smiley face after a comment could indicate " taking the piss", so no bad feelings etc.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Magenta Sunset - 16-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 08:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: I'll sort a 1/4 mile day soon

Avon Park Raceway? ThumbsUp

RE: Help Improve 306oc - toseland - 16-04-2016

The issue works both ways.. people been taking the Mickey out of Matt-rallye and dumdum for ages, Tom's306, fooby, niall, myself, especily dumdum, but they give as good as they get.. making an off the cuff comment about reliability or a colour choice or the like and then taking that and flying off the handle screams to me that there has to be a little give and take.. it's sort of like "jokes are ok but as long as I am not the subject"

The jokes not the issue.. the reaction to it and the toys out the prams responses are.

My initial response is unless it's personal or seriously nasty you should maybe just take it for what it is.. a joke.

99% of users, New and old realise this especially when it's in the car scene. The 1% who can't take a joke (corsaOC) should move on because as nasty as it sounds they will have issues regardless of what is said the second someone disagree with their viewpoint or choice.

Btw, truck racing at thruxton?

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Ruan - 16-04-2016

The real issue with "it was just a joke" on a forum is that no matter how funny you think you are, your joke will be taken in the most offensive way possible.

Also, not everybody knows the "internet banter code" - there's lots of people I know I can rib on the internet and they'll take it well - other people I know just avoid it as it will invariably end in them taking a massive amount of offence and getting upset.

People need to remember that the look on your face when you hit that "Post Reply" button is not conveyed via the interwebs... People say "it was only a joke..." etc etc, but people on the receiving are likely to get upset and offended because they read it in a very different way to how it sounds in your head. I'm bad for it too as I know I've said things in the past and regretted it and people have gotten upset...

It always feels to me like on the forum these days you cannot give constructive criticism - I tried doing it once in a certain HDi build thread and got told to "Go f*ck [my]self". If you want to have advice, accept that you'll sometimes not hear what you want to hear. If people don't like it, either enter into an adult conversation about why, or quietly ignore or respectfully say that you're going to do it your way, but thanks for the advice. The way NOT to handle that situation is by throwing toys out of your perambulator and stomping your feet with lots of swear words and childish insults.

Also - WRT the posts about "are the admins going to sort out xxx trips/days"... That's not what we're here for, we're purely here to administrate and moderate the forum. As said previously, we should NOT have to moderate the forum at all, if we are moderating, then shit has gotten to a point it should never have. If you want to organise a trackday, go and do it, don't sit around moaning that the admins don't do anything...

306oc is a community and it has no leaders - merely people empowered to clean up if there's a mess that should never have happened in the first place.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Mattcheese31 - 16-04-2016

What Ruan said, I have been historically one of the biggest piss takers on here, I've calmed it down for some people's benefit, in general though, a winking smiley or similar goes a long way towards helping people understand when you are taking the mick Smile

RE: Help Improve 306oc - procta - 16-04-2016

constructive criticism is and has always been an issue with some people, nothing cannot be done about that, as that happens on every forum. But sometimes I think its how it can be worded too, that can cause a bit of heat too.

Use of the smiley icons really do go a long way, as that does indicate that you are only playing.

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Rippthrough - 16-04-2016

That's because you're just a twat Matt.

/deliberatelyleftoutwinkyface

RE: Help Improve 306oc - Matt - 16-04-2016

What happened to the camping meets we use to do? First one was at stone henge and then the lake distract! They were f*cking awesome!

My car even got painted at the stone henge one Rofl