306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
klarius - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: DW10 HDi section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: klarius (/showthread.php?tid=33235)

klarius - pug306driver - 06-02-2016

Klarius   705735391 tail exhaust section is under £30 at the moment in ecp, are they any good or fall apart and break after the first bit of rain?? pug 306 ph3 2 l hdi estate.

RE: klarius - Toms306 - 06-02-2016

Lucky if it lasts until the rain tbh.... lol

I'd avoid Klarius unless it's literally the only option.

RE: klarius - ConorTRG - 06-02-2016

I put on a full klarius exhaust on a vauxhall last year, was good quality and perfect fitment imo

RE: klarius - MY95 - 06-02-2016

Hit and miss, was a thread on here on exhaust options last week, ive had my klarius for a year now and its still fine, hanger welding was a bit dodgy on mine though.

RE: klarius - Toms306 - 06-02-2016

It's probably a quality control issue rather than a completely crap product then, as with any cheap aftermarket parts.

RE: klarius - Jonny81191 - 06-02-2016

I used to fit these daily and they're shockingly crap fitment. Can't comment on longevity, but I suspect it's as bad as the fitment..

RE: klarius - welshpug - 06-02-2016

pretty shoddy tat unfortunately, walker are better, BOSAL better again.

o.e best tbh.

RE: klarius - Poodle - 06-02-2016

As Jonny and welshpug have said tbh. Issues i've seen on klarius exhausts include smaller bore than standard, bad crush bends, poor fitment, leaking boxes (fresh out of the bag), missing or misplaced hangers, very quick rust/degradation (fail an mot within 18 months), incorrect flanges, etc. Paying the extra is worth it.

RE: klarius - Niall - 06-02-2016

Buy cheap buy twice. Ive fitted a few Kalrius exhausts to various cars/vans and they are just shocking!!

RE: klarius - pug306driver - 10-02-2016

not an exact replica, not fitted yet as it will be in the way of the n/s/brakes area, but if it dont fit well i will take it back.

RE: klarius - Poodle - 10-02-2016

Look how slim the pipe goes around the welds! lmao

RE: klarius - Toms306 - 10-02-2016

Christ that looks awful! How do they pass that off as a good job?

Wonder if the hangars will stay on long enough for you to fit it... lol

RE: klarius - adam b - 10-02-2016

There's one on the xsara. Bag of shite doesn't come close.

RE: klarius - toseland - 11-02-2016

you think these are like the muffler/exhaust/silencers you get on those chinese mopeds? "the one silencer company" makes all their stuff and they simply weld different ends on

RE: klarius - madmadmax - 12-02-2016

i will just bring this up and it is that Klarius have just had a telling off about there catalytic converters not being up to standard, so i think that says it all about there exhaust parts

RE: klarius - pug306driver - 13-02-2016

well you did say.........

i got this silencer as we dont have lots of money. it fits reasonably well but is really musical!!!!

Hisses and sounds like a turbo/hammond organ in the back box at about 2500rpm. MOT this week and then we'll see if they will take it back.

Looking for a decent front bit of this section, the formed taper joint bit to replace the corroded one on the WKL?? one that was on the car and just been replaced.

Needs must, but on the up side, interview for a decent job on monday, please god....etc..

RE: klarius - Poodle - 14-02-2016

Good luck with the imterview, fingers crossed you can get it nailed.

RE: klarius - pug306driver - 14-02-2016

bloody hope so, you never know may phone you during the week, dry untill midweek so make the most of the good dry weather.