306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
not sure what to make of this - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: not sure what to make of this (/showthread.php?tid=33203)

not sure what to make of this - Magenta Sunset - 03-02-2016

in the paper today
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/12137382/End-of-the-road-for-white-lines-on-highways.html

I hope this 'idea' is reconsidered Nospeak

RE: not sure what to make of this - Jonny81191 - 03-02-2016

That's fine, let them remove them. Then we can overtake anywhere, right?

RE: not sure what to make of this - DeeTurbo - 03-02-2016

We've a trial of this in Dunstable near where my girlfriend works and it's was a nightmare. Idiots driving in the middle of the road and almost causing head on collisions!

RE: not sure what to make of this - cully - 03-02-2016

so they are down grading A-roads too B-roads..............
dont 90% of insurance claims on B-roads go Knock for knock........I used to like Banger racing now its looking to be going road legal Big Grin

RE: not sure what to make of this - Magenta Sunset - 03-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 06:00 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: We've a trial of this in Dunstable near where my girlfriend works and it's was a nightmare. Idiots driving in the middle of the road and almost causing head on collisions!

i'm not the only worried one then - - -

RE: not sure what to make of this - bashbarnard - 03-02-2016

That is a stupid idea. as it would be one big road so people would sit everywhere. would be like a race track but with peopole that dont give a shit. think of all those bmw drivers that cant use there indicators already

RE: not sure what to make of this - Eeyore - 03-02-2016

what bollocks haha. Driving over the white lines on the road is often the thing that wakes me up!

RE: not sure what to make of this - Toms306 - 03-02-2016

People cant stick to their own lane as it is, won't make any difference. Tongue

Why do they want to slow people down anyway? Yeah it saves a few accidents but will reduce the economy when lorries can't get to places on time etc. If they really want to slow people down, should make every road single track with overgrown trees and blind bends everywhere... Rolleyes

(03-02-2016, 07:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: People cant stick to their own lane as it is, won't make any difference. Tongue

Why do they want to slow people down anyway?  Yeah it saves a few accidents but will reduce the economy when lorries can't get to places on time etc.  If they really want to slow people down, should make every road single track with overgrown trees and blind bends everywhere[b][/b]... Rolleyes

I drive those roads daily Hmm

RE: not sure what to make of this - Toms306 - 03-02-2016

I absolutely hate them lol. But it is considerably quicker than driving through town or jumping on the dually to get some places!

RE: not sure what to make of this - RetroPug - 03-02-2016

In my experience a significant proportion of the population is already shit at staying inbetween them as it is.

(03-02-2016, 07:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I absolutely hate them lol.  But it is considerably quicker than driving through town or jumping on the dually to get some places!

do you have duallies?   whistle

RE: not sure what to make of this - Ruan - 04-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 08:35 PM)RetroPug Wrote: In my experience a significant proportion of the population is already shit at staying inbetween them as it is.

Quite.

To me it's the same as sellotaping a knife pointing towards the drivers face and then telling everybody to go and drive, sure it'll slow people down, but is that the right way to do it... Of course not...

Who the f*ck thought of that idea.

Whilst we're at it, why don't we also just remove the roads, that way the bare earth will be so bumpy that you can't go fast anyway.

And hey, let's make everyone's tyres bald and illegal, therefore you've got no grip and you can't drive fast.

There's a bunch of fucktards making decisions in this country, there really is...

RE: not sure what to make of this - Matt - 04-02-2016

Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read in a while. Drivers are bad enough as it is!!