306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: For Sale (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Cars (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? (/showthread.php?tid=3262)

Pages: 1 2

3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Tom - 07-05-2012

Its taxed and mot'd got 127,000 on the clocks body work is mint very very clean car... it a mate of mines and hes bought something else so i thought i might see if i can comne to an arrangement with him but whats it worth?? i offered him 1500 but hes advertising it for 1900 is it really worth that?

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - lolsteve - 07-05-2012

Don't think he'll get 1900, 1500 would be the very much limit from what I've seen about the place.

If body work mint then 1200 be good haggling price?

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - kingy - 07-05-2012

i would say not. i would say that your offer was a little high also. 127,000 miles? have a look on ebay or piston heads to see what they go for then you can make up your own mind to see what its worth.

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Tom - 07-05-2012

He thinks its goldust unforunately.... I had trouble getting him to listen to 1500 !! haha

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - kingy - 07-05-2012

let him try and sell it then. he might but i dought it. ive seen them go for as little as £600. saying that ive seen em go for stupid moneys. not £1900.00 though.

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - JoshDturbo - 07-05-2012

well see where he gets with a y reg hdi for 1900........... no where.

i'd pay in region of 900-1100 Big Grin

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - JoshDturbo - 07-05-2012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-H ... 740wt_1396

103k...... £1100

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-M ... 500wt_1413

on bidding low mileage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-PEUGEOT- ... 086wt_1396

looks alright to.

it's not on no more but i did see the most immaculate hdi i'd seen in a long time it was on for 1500 totally pampered in its life, polished regularly it had receipts for thousands the lot, no cost spared and i think that didn't even make 1500!

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Tom - 08-05-2012

Just shown him this thread and i got this in response "forgot too mention that its a high spec car and its only had 2 owners from new and its just had new clutch and all AND its only just touched 125k lol "

Edit: So thats obviously worth 1900? :think:

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Foggy - 08-05-2012

tom you forget to mention a few things,
1. 2 previous owners, both peugeot technicians
2. Full service history, full folder of receipts
3. Phase one gti-6 interior, no rips, no tears, very good condition along with standard interior that is like new
4. The Y reg hdi d turbo in black 3 door is extremely rare, apart from this one i havent seen another

car is my pride and joy and is kept very clean, until you lot have seen you cannot comment on how much its worth, ive seen a 306 sell in my area a "w" reg for 1900 with more miles as mine.

Wow you joined up just to argue that fact that you think its worth loads :/

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Scott - 08-05-2012

One thing to note though is if it's a Y-reg then it'll be on the newer and cheaper tax bracket, so that does add something to the value.

That said, only the lower mileage cars (sub-90k or so) tend to go for close to £2k sadly these days. In all honesty I think you probably have to wait for the right buyer get more than £1,500...

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Poodle - 08-05-2012

Sounds good, but still over-valued. Sorry Foggy, but whoever bought that other one you mentioned was a tit.

the hdi d turbo are same spec as the gti-6, they fetch good money in standard condition and not chavved up- fact lol
im not arguing i know what my car is worth and thats that lol

Foggy Wrote:the hdi d turbo are same spec as the gti-6, they fetch good money in standard condition and not chavved up- fact lol
Lol at that...

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - darrenjlobb - 08-05-2012

Is this Mike Owens old car?

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Jake - 08-05-2012

1350 tops.

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - lolsteve - 08-05-2012

I bought my standard hdi dturbo for £900 at 130k miles
gti-6 interior = half leather? they sell for like £70 now don't they?
Again wouldn't pay a penny more than 1250 for it

yea it is darren lol

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Dan! - 08-05-2012

A car is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, not what yu think it should sell for Tongue

And you dont need to tell most of us lot what spec is rare/how good leather seats are, I think we know that lol In my opinion £1500 would be very lucky. Average market value id put as £1100 - 1200.

Granted it is a lovely car.. but theres getting good money for a nice car and theres 1900quid lol

Foggy Wrote:yea it is darren lol

Its a 1200 quid tops car at the end of the day, no hdi is worth 1900, even if its immac....

Sorry but gotta realise that Wink

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Toms306 - 08-05-2012

Agree with Dan....your car isn't as valuable as you seem to think...its only worth what someone will pay!

Yes hdis go for stupid money at dealers....but not privately in my experience, 1100 would be my valuation, and I certainly wouldn't pay any more than that for it.

Foggy Wrote:the hdi d turbo are same spec as the gti-6, they fetch good money in standard condition and not chavved up- fact lol
By all means stick it up on autotrader for £1,900 and see whether you get any calls. That's the best place to put it if you want to get the best price for it.

As said though, you would be very unlikely to get more than £1,500. Bearing in mind you mentioned that the seats have been changed for p1 GTi-6 seats, since it was a HDi Dturbo and was a later phase 3, it'd have had side airbags so I don't doubt you have a flashing airbag light currently, which would mean it wouldn't pass an MOT in that state, so that's something which any buyer who knows anything about cars would consider, and would knock you down on.

tom you think your zetec is worth 1500 though ? :/ forums may tell me otherwise but i will get good money for it, i have had genuine interest at 1900, so we will see.....
but still how can anyone that has never seen my car and the condition that it is in comment on how much they would pay for it ? you cant lol
the mot issue isnt a problem, theres a way around it and car has 10 months mot.....

And your stilll blabbering on about how you think its worth a fortune after a large group of 306 experts just told you its not........ All hope is lost

Foggy Wrote:tom you think your zetec is worth 1500 though ? :/ forums may tell me otherwise but i will get good money for it, i have had genuine interest at 1900, so we will see.....
but still how can anyone that has never seen my car and the condition that it is in comment on how much they would pay for it ? you cant lol
the mot issue isnt a problem, theres a way around it and car has 10 months mot.....

If you have had genuine intrest in your car for 1900 in the st austell area, please tell me who by!! Id love to sell them a car!

Foggy Wrote:i will get good money for it, i have had genuine interest at 1900, so we will see...
If this is true, then take it. Don't waste your own time signing up to a car forum full of people who know a hell of a lot more about the car than you do, just because someone on the internet said you were wrong.

[Image: duty_calls.png]

Re: 3dr black Y reg HDI Whats it worth?? - Toms306 - 08-05-2012

Foggy Wrote:but still how can anyone that has never seen my car and the condition that it is in comment on how much they would pay for it ? you cant lol

Don't need to see it......no hdi is worth 1900......when you can get for example a golf tdi 130 for less than 2k which is quicker, better specced, does more mpg and cheaper to taxx lol.

Toms306 Wrote:
Foggy Wrote:but still how can anyone that has never seen my car and the condition that it is in comment on how much they would pay for it ? you cant lol

Don't need to see it......no hdi is worth 1900......when you can get for example a golf tdi 130 for less than 2k which is quicker, better specced, does more mpg and cheaper to taxx lol.

Ok so the thread was making sence, so then tom comes in, and talks more crap to stir it up, nice one...

Toms306 Wrote:

Guess what hes bought to replace the 306... :roll: