306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project Pooh!!! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project Pooh!!! (/showthread.php?tid=315)

Project Pooh!!! - Kaeten M - 10-12-2011

After losing my licence and getting 6pts I needed something cheap to insure so I bought this neat little dragon green 1.4 for £250.

Mods
VR6 OBD2
Ram air induction kit
3"Jetex s/s catback system
5stud hubs
VR6 brakes
Ebay coilies
Remap (came with the engine)
15" VR6 BBS wheels

This is how I bought the car on some crap 13":
[Image: photo.jpg]

First thing I did was get some ebay coilies had help fitting from my mate Steve and then fitted these wheels off my bros old scirocco :
[Image: photo1.jpg]
[Image: photo2.jpg]

My bro then killed my engine driving it home from work one day and thats when we decided to vr it. my bro had a spare mulberry vr6 obd2 lying about and and we got to work making 2 cars one Smile

Werent many hiccups as it was already a mk3. So this is what she looks like now, still needs a bit of tidying but at least it all works:
[Image: IMG_1536.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1614.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1616.jpg]

Fitted 5 stud hubs and vr6 brakes all round with green stuff pads and drilled and grooved discs.
[Image: IMG_1618.jpg]

Tried out some camber with a couple of washers... I think i need to do this properly as I got camber shims at home:
[Image: IMG_1617.jpg]

Just won these on ebay for £50 not bad at all but i'm not sure on what colour to refurb them in, tempted to go white or gold...
[Image: IMG-20110918-00062.jpg]

Thats it for now i'll keep this space uptodate Big Grin

Kaeten M.

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Kaeten M - 11-12-2011

Picture with my deeper splitter and bonnet bra
[Image: photo-2.jpg]
[Image: photo-3.jpg]

Next thing is to sort out getting a set of heated leather seats then a vento front end

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Ian - 11-12-2011

Looks good. Had vr6 myself a while ago. They sound lovely.

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Dum-Dum - 11-12-2011

Shes looking very good buddy

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Kaeten M - 11-12-2011

Bought it as a 1.4 off ebay and to be honest it was in pretty good nick for £250

Re: Project Pooh!!! - taylonm - 12-12-2011

Best £250 spent, its was near on immaculate, other then the dented front panel. She's defo getting there now.

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Midnightclub - 12-12-2011

I don't get it, how is it cheap to insure if you've swapped a VR lump into it? it would've been cheaper to just insure an actual VR

Re: Project Pooh!!! - taylonm - 12-12-2011

Look at CK or Adrian Flux, best way to do it is modified insurance. Done this with my van too! More mods the better the price gets.

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Midnightclub - 12-12-2011

So weird, thinking about it sort of makes sense though.. My HDi is cheaper to insure through premium choice modded than bell/admiral etc. standard

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Pompey306mark - 12-12-2011

Looking good.

Re: Project Pooh!!! - taylonm - 14-12-2011

He needs his audi pepperpots on and it'll look a bit neater

Re: Project Pooh!!! - Matt - 14-12-2011

looks good man,need a smooth front i reckon Smile

Re: Project Pooh!!! - taylonm - 14-12-2011

He's lookin at doing either the whole mk4 front conversion or vento front. Either one will look sick.