306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Bosch help - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bosch help (/showthread.php?tid=31266)

Bosch help - bashbarnard - 19-07-2015

Well here's a surprise thread. NOT. Lol. Knew I shouldn't of f*cked with one. Anyway as I rotate the freshly built pump by hand the pully and pump shaft move inward ever so slightly on the compression part then back out. Im talking a few mm. Just want to check its ok as my cambelt obviously runs on it!! Help asap please as im without a car otherwise.

RE: Bosch help - Seb_Ryan - 19-07-2015

The pulley shouldn't be moving in an out :/ especially a few mm? Long long time ago i built mine but yeah

RE: Bosch help - bashbarnard - 19-07-2015

Well I thought id check my other pump. A known working 9mm that I removed. Seemed a logical step. That moves in and out ever so slightly as well. I think a few mm is exaggerating. So thought f*ck it ill finish fitting the pump. Worse that could happen is she wont run. Low and behold. She runs. Literally perfectly. Started up almost instantly not even a problem. Revs perfect. Just got to finish up and tune her now. Hopefully will be ok.

RE: Bosch help - bashbarnard - 20-07-2015

So finished tuning this. Goes well on full throttle. Couldn't get enough fuel in without knocking the throttle back a spline and dropping the idle though. Only thing that's a bit weird is first half of the pedal seems to inject a lot less fuel than expected. Picks up slower than the 9 did on half throttle. On full wack though my Christ she shifts. Anything I can do to combat this?

RE: Bosch help - Mattcheese31 - 20-07-2015

What's the state of the LDA setup?

Ground as much as I dare. Pin right up on the top. Havnt played with the wheel inside yet though.

Drop the pin down a bit?

I meant the star wheel is right on the top. I'll see if I can adjust it tonight on way home. Shouldn't take to long. Smile

(20-07-2015, 03:36 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I meant the star wheel is right on the top. I'll see if I can adjust it tonight on way home. Shouldn't take to long. Smile
yeah 5 min job isn't it, sounds like you've git the pin dropping a bit too late under boost Smile

I adjusted the top down still not enough. I'll do the little wheel thing tomorrow. Either that or I've got a spare lda and ill grind ot a bit more from the start.

(20-07-2015, 06:13 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I adjusted the top down still not enough. I'll do the little wheel thing tomorrow. Either that or I've got a spare lda and ill grind ot a bit more from the start.
make any noticeable difference? If you're got the star wheel right up it'll be that I would think Smile

Not really. I'll put the star wheel down later at work tomorrow when I get chance.