306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Prat of the day award goes to ---- (/showthread.php?tid=30916)

Pages: 1 2

Prat of the day award goes to ---- - pugbug - 18-06-2015

Me.

After spending a shit load of time and money dropping in an engine, I went to go for a spin without the bonnet catch struggling to get the cable to work, being a little bit complacent, the results below. Wouldn't want to say what speeds were involved.

[Image: 20150618_222053_zpsfyx53fzy.jpg]
[Image: 20150618_222113_zpsndkhd6tt.jpg]
[Image: 20150618_222121_zpskvylxopx.jpg]

Will it T cut out?

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - welshpug - 18-06-2015

did the safety catch not hold it then?

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - pugbug - 18-06-2015

Nope it didn't Sad

You live to learn, any ideas how I can get that top dent out for a new windscreen?

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Toms306 - 18-06-2015

Oops! Sad

I doubt you can fit a new screen without a new roofskin now, it'll never be perfectly 'square' if you try and pull or push it out. Undecided

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Pebbles167 - 18-06-2015

Shit..

New shell time, or a professional repair.

I know I'm fked.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - cully - 18-06-2015

bad luck m8

ive got a moonstone bonnet and could cut the roof off a 3 door shell Wink

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Iceman299 - 18-06-2015

By you not saying what speed you were doing, i'm guessing it wasn't 30mph lol

Must've shit yourself when it happened? 

Probably better off buying another non runner 306 for cheap and swapping the engine, again lol

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Connor - 18-06-2015

Had a bonnet fly up on mine doing 40 and that did considerably less damage than this, I'm guessing at least 70...

Little bit off :rollseyes

Having a quick look online and it people are saying write off. NEVVVVER

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - HDi--Power - 18-06-2015

I'd say its a write off for sure, unless you do some pikey repair on it which will never be right.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - procta - 18-06-2015

you silly fool!!
two pieces of advice, If a job is going really, well stop. come back to it tomorrow, as you will be on a mental high
the other, if things are starting to go tits up, stop and come back again tomorrow, that way it saves this sort of things happening, as you will be recharged and less wound up.

id sort out a bonnet and window screen for a start, and then go around for a few quotes to see what the piece will be for a roof repair. or even to replace a second hand unit in place.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - HDi--Power - 18-06-2015

(18-06-2015, 11:07 PM)procta Wrote: you silly fool!!  
two pieces of advice, If a job is going really, well stop. come back to it tomorrow, as you will be on a mental high
the other, if things are starting to go tits up, stop and come back again tomorrow, that way it saves this sort of things happening, as you will be recharged and less wound up.  

id sort out a bonnet and window screen for a start, and then go around for a few quotes to see what the piece will be for a roof repair. or even to replace a second hand unit in place.

Noone is going to fit a new windscreen to that, the hole for it to fit in isnt even the same anymore  Confused

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - highwayman306 - 19-06-2015

Aw, dude! That sucks Sad

Imho, I think you need a new shell. As above, you're gonna struggle to get a place to fit a windscreen now and as you have said, you live and learn.

What you want is a nice old 'P' reg in faded cherry and create a monster using your moonstone for a donor Big Grin

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - bashbarnard - 19-06-2015

Time to find a car with a buggers engine and do the job again.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - silverzx - 19-06-2015

In the South West we like to call that a "Drive onnnnnn" jobby. Shy

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - pugbug - 19-06-2015

lol, heading to a scrappy tomorrow. Going to be taking the windscreen off, than chopping at the pillars and then make a cut off from the roof and then weld it on mine. Yaaay, not :/

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - bigcheez2k3 - 19-06-2015

Why not cut along the gutters and just do the roof to save f*cking with pillars?

Re: RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Seb_Ryan - 19-06-2015

(19-06-2015, 04:08 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Why not cut along the gutters and just do the roof to save f*cking with pillars?

This..?

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - pugbug - 19-06-2015

I'm not too sure if the pillars have held up. So from the donor vehicle I'll be cutting the pillars off but wont be using them if I don't. there's defo protrusion on the first roof crossmember.

It's like that guy on .net if some of you remember, smashed his blaze dturbo on the way back from picking it up.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Toms306 - 19-06-2015

I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up. Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

Re: RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Seb_Ryan - 19-06-2015

(19-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up. Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

Yeah you was there.. It was jorges old one, he sold it, the guy was driving to a show (fcs maybe) and wrote it off on the motorway

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Ruan - 20-06-2015

(19-06-2015, 04:05 PM)pugbug Wrote: lol, heading to a scrappy tomorrow. Going to be taking the windscreen off, than chopping at the pillars and then make a cut off from the roof and then weld it on mine. Yaaay, not :/

Please don't do this.

If you actually have an accident, the car will NOT hold up in any sort of the way it should. Or if you end up on the roof, the pillars will not have the strength they should. They're not the most amazingly strong cars around anyway, chopping and welding the roof back on is a plain bad idea.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - welshpug - 20-06-2015

chopping the roof itself is fine, but not the pillars, the roof skin stops at the gutters and windscreen, drill the spotwelds not cut.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - highwayman306 - 20-06-2015

^^^^This sounds do-able but like Ruan said, it's a bit of a bad idea Sad

Is a donor car shell just out of the question?

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Piggy - 20-06-2015

if you break it pal...I could be interested in some panels

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Kezzieboy - 20-06-2015

(20-06-2015, 08:21 AM)Ruan Wrote: Please don't do this.

If you actually have an accident, the car will NOT hold up in any sort of the way it should. Or if you end up on the roof, the pillars will not have the strength they should. They're not the most amazingly strong cars around anyway, chopping and welding the roof back on is a plain bad idea.

This. It will never be structurally sound again if you weld the pillars.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - procta - 20-06-2015

its ok to cut the pillars from the donor car, get roof home and drill out the spot welds. Then get a body shop to fit the replacement panel for you.

(19-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up.  Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

(19-06-2015, 07:02 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(19-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up.  Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

Yeah you was there.. It was jorges old one, he sold it, the guy was driving to a show (fcs maybe) and wrote it off on the motorway

I remember that too, he fitted a carbon fibre job if I remember right, I wonder where our Jorge is now.

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - cully - 20-06-2015

(20-06-2015, 02:20 PM)procta Wrote:  I wonder where our Jorge is now.

upside down in a ditch trapped by his belts and carbon roof skin Itwasntme

RE: Prat of the day award goes to ---- - Toms306 - 20-06-2015

He had a BMW last I saw.... Probably trolling Bimmer forums now. lol