306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Lower engine mount dimensions - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: DW10 HDi section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Lower engine mount dimensions (/showthread.php?tid=30554)

Lower engine mount dimensions - highwayman306 - 22-05-2015

Hi all, as titled, does anyone have the dimensions of the lower engine mount? I was going to have a go at making myself one Big Grin i thought 'f*ck it!'

I work at a reputable engineering firm and the gaffer has said get the dimensions and either do it myself or get the guys down in the toolshop to do it Big Grin

thanks in advance Wink

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - bashbarnard - 22-05-2015

What do you need to know im pressing one in for Sam today. If you can make one. I'll give it a go as well.

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - highwayman306 - 22-05-2015

I just want a drawing or some dimension for:
Bore
Outside diameter
Width
Length

I can go from there. Im thinking its nearly interference fit but if you can give me the measurements of the mounts position bore and the actual outside diameter that would be a great start Smile cheers bash Wink

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - thododd - 22-05-2015

what material are you planning on using?

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - Eeyore - 22-05-2015

Ask bash and see if he can measure mine before its pressed.

Outside diameter 70mm
Width of bush 40mm
Width of centre as its longer 50mm.
10mm bolt hole.

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - highwayman306 - 22-05-2015

Sorted mate, are those just ruler measurements or vernier/micrometer?

I was thinking of something similar to powerflex, like poly shit...gotta source material really. I have seen alu made before for solid but I like my teeth the way they are with a derv Big Grin

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - Eeyore - 22-05-2015

bash are you going to share your idea?

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - Poodle - 22-05-2015

Stupid place to ask if he isn't, he's in a bind now lol.

(22-05-2015, 01:25 PM)Eeyore Wrote: bash are you going to share your idea?

Lol. People are more than welcome to know. Im planning on getting some ally inserts made up cheap that will press into lower mount allowing it to take a different solid bush. Say off a leaf spring. That way the parts are dead cheap and easily replaceable. Im still working on it though and will test it on my motor first. I have a few bushs un mind. Its a matter of finding the correct one

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - Paul_13 - 22-05-2015

On a diesel? Do you wish to have a dashboard/car/teeth/ear wax left?

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - allanallen - 23-05-2015

Be very careful not to go to hard, I made up a nylon bush for my rally car and it quite quickly snapped the lower fork. To be fair the car gets abused and has a reasonably harsh paddle clutch but I know a lot of the derv guys on here use paddles. You need a bit of compliance, oh and a solid one would piss you off at low revs, I'd never do it on a road car/daily!

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - Paul_13 - 23-05-2015

I used a group A fork mount for 2 days before I took it out and that was on a petrol

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - bashbarnard - 23-05-2015

Im just after testing one to be fair. If I can make the inserts work and at a fraction of the cost I may do a group buy if people are interested but this is all a long way off at this time. I have other stuff im concentrating on at this time. Personally on my daily ill run an oem lower mount rotated 90 degrees.

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - highwayman306 - 23-05-2015

Do they last longer at 90 degrees then?

RE: Lower engine mount dimensions - bashbarnard - 23-05-2015

No but it makes them more solid so to speak.