306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
WELDERS! We need your help! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: WELDERS! We need your help! (/showthread.php?tid=30472)

Pages: 1 2

WELDERS! We need your help! - Niall - 14-05-2015

So, who fancies making a little donation to the club and welding some flag stands that sit under a car wheel like this;

[Image: 1272058333Wheel_Base_under_tyre.jpg]

Need two of them for the club flags for FCS. Doesn't have to be anything flash. Just something to hold the flag up. I will happily buy the kind donator a few pints at the show Smile

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Dum-Dum - 14-05-2015

What adaptor does the base of the flag need. Think I have enough scrap to knock one up, obviously it wont be a pro job but ill try to cover it in enough hammerite to cover my shoddy welding.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Niall - 14-05-2015

It just needs to be a bit of pipe the flag can sit in. I will get the dimension tomorrow Smile

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Dum-Dum - 14-05-2015

Awesome, hinges on if I have the right pipe then as I think I have a couple of metal chair legs for the base.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - bashbarnard - 14-05-2015

Yeah put the dimensions up. Ive got a few scrap engines lying about. May be able to make something out of engine parts to look cool,.

Be as creative as you like! It either needs to be something where the flag can be free standing (remember, it is a 2m flag so will catch the wind!) or something to sit under a car wheel like they use on car forecourts.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - bashbarnard - 14-05-2015

Whats the dimension of flag base though?

Thats up to you. The flag is literally just a metal pole which sits in a detachable grass spike. So all i need is something like the image above to slot the flag in

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Connor - 14-05-2015

Bloke at work runs an ST owners club, can ask to borrow some of his? And does this mean our stand isn't on grass this year?

(14-05-2015, 08:41 PM)Connor Wrote: Bloke at work runs an ST owners club, can ask to borrow some of his? And does this mean our stand isn't on grass this year?

As nice as that offer is, id rather the club has some for future shows Smile

And yes, check the FCS thread!

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Connor - 14-05-2015

Ok, well if no one can sort any before then, ill ask just in case. Pfft I can't read...

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Poodle - 14-05-2015

I've got a ton of scrap square section kicking about that we could do this with, what size is the flag pole?

Edit: you'll get dimensions tomorrow, got it.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Dum-Dum - 15-05-2015

If we can do free standing would you be happier with that, thinking about a 13" rim weighed down with a couple of brake discs (all scrap obviously)

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Piggy - 15-05-2015

let me know what dimensions are and if still in need of one, I'm sure I could knock one up

So dimensions of this post?

How deep, what diameter and does it need anything on it to tie the flag to?

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Niall - 15-05-2015

Will measure as soon as I'm home. Doesn't need anything to tie the flag to. That's built into the pole Smile

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - chylledapps - 15-05-2015

Assume you have the flag as that and banners, fliers etc I can sort at cost

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Niall - 15-05-2015

Right guys many thanks for the offers but Stef is making us some stands up out of some old torsion bars. The pole is 25mm O/D so if anyone wants to make any free standing stands for future shows, feel free Big Grin

No worries. I don't have anything 1" ID anyway.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Poodle - 16-05-2015

We'll have a chat later, this square section is ideal for stuff like that.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - RetroPug - 16-05-2015

(15-05-2015, 07:19 PM)Niall Wrote: Right guys many thanks for the offers but Stef is making us some stands up out of some old torsion bars. The pole is 25mm O/D so if anyone wants to make any free standing stands for future shows, feel free Big Grin

lmao

Torsion bar legs and a beam tube sticking up to put the flag in?

Whole stand could be made of old 306 parts. Big Grin

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Stef205 - 16-05-2015

I had considered using a old trailing arm shaft and torsion bars but I'm torn between something pretty and neat or old beam parts

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - 7057sam - 16-05-2015

Definitely be cool to use 306 parts to make one Smile

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Eeyore - 16-05-2015

(15-05-2015, 07:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No worries. I don't have anything 1" ID anyway.

hah!

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Stef205 - 16-05-2015

Ive just had a look around my workshop and ive got some good candidates. Trailing arm shafts appear to be perfect for the application and ive got some old bearings to that i can leave on the shaft.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - RetroPug - 17-05-2015

(16-05-2015, 09:26 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Ive just had a look around my workshop and ive got some good candidates. Trailing arm shafts appear to be perfect for the application and ive got some old bearings to that i can leave on the shaft.

Sounds like it'd look good, like something out of scrap heap challenge!

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Niall - 19-05-2015

[attachment=23268]

[attachment=23270]

Stef has been a hero and made the stands for us so if anyone fancies buying him a cuppa at fcs, feel free! lol

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Dum-Dum - 19-05-2015

Awesome, never paint them Smile

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Stef205 - 19-05-2015

I hope you use the front one at the front as they are cleverly marked! Wink I will test them once ive a car to park on top of them and ill find some old bearings to make it abit more authentic.

RE: WELDERS! We need your help! - Piggy - 19-05-2015

genius idea!

wish I never scrapped my old beams now Sad