306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
write up for a car on show - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: write up for a car on show (/showthread.php?tid=30381)

Pages: 1 2

write up for a car on show - procta - 08-05-2015

Right fellas, I need a helping hand on this one,  Do lads do a small write up about your cars for FCS?
if so what info do you put on and how do you go about with the lay out?
A template would be great,
Reason I am asking this is that my car will be on display on the timeline at gaydon next sunday the 17th, so I need a small write up,

write up for a car on show - rocker8742 - 08-05-2015

Got a feeling there are a few templates floating about on here, normally they come up just before FCS so maybe worth a search?

RE: write up for a car on show - Dum-Dum - 08-05-2015

I made this ages ago, FCS12 possibly?

[attachment=23048]

RE: write up for a car on show - bashbarnard - 08-05-2015

That's a good idea. May do one for mine for the weekend.

RE: write up for a car on show - procta - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 07:59 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Got a feeling there are a few templates floating about on here, normally they come up just before FCS so maybe worth a search?

I have a look! never thought about that!  That looks well presented dum dum! I may keep that in mind! as I do have some photos of it when I bought it.

Gotta say I like Darren's Idea the best, that board in JD green is brilliant.

[attachment=23049]

What you recon of this? found something on a journal on the metro owners club, I have reworked it,

Hello Fellow metro owners! I am Proctas 1.1s!

Well after 1 year , and in the careful ownership of Andy, I have finally persuaded him to take me to Gaydon for my 25th birthday! So that I can stretch my legs and meet other fellow metros and metro owners. But first I should give you a brief history of my life so far. Well I was registered on 6th august 1990 so I maybe one of the early H plate Mk3 metros, I have spent some time of being a display piece in a car showroom for a few years, in North Yorkshire. After a few years of owner ship change, I was bought by a chap from Warrington who looked after me for year and introduced me to the metro owners club! After a year, My owner had to sell me, due to business plans and couldn't give me the care I needed sadly, I struggled to find a new owner. Then I met another Metro owner Andy!
 He came all the way from Sunderland with his dad to Warrington! to collect me! Together Me and Andy drove all the way back! Andy told me that he was no stranger to metros as he had owned 2 previously and said I reminded him of his 1st Metro that he called Rio! Andy had another metro at the time, a metro gta 16v, Sadly he had failed his MOT and was going to cost too much to fix. He had told Andy to donate his parts to me, as I could put them to good use!  
With in a few months, Andy and his dad had fitted me with upgraded parts from the metro gta 16v!
I received new wheels, new rear lights,  new steering wheel, Gta clocks and red seat belts to go with my Blue interior! we did talk about fitting the black interior to me, but Andy said mine was better!  I even gained a pair of spot lights, exhaust and a rear spoiler too!  
Andy tells me that I have come a long way since the 1st day we met! Andy talks about me more on the Peugeot 306 forum, than he does about my very close friend Peugeot 306 HDi! She tells me that the Peugeot 306 boys have been following me, and they say I am a cool little retro classic. But they want to hear more about my close friend that me! Maybe you can have a word with him about that? and maybe even tell him to give her a wash n polish and hoover more!! 
here are a few photos of Andy's metros
Rio
[Image: rio002.jpg]

[Image: rio2.jpg]

[Image: rio001.jpg]

Rover metro gta 16v

[Image: IMG01340-20130526-1718_zpscy9bnvdd.jpg]

[Image: IMG01339-20130526-1718_zpsfxrutuwb.jpg]

Me with my Best friend!
[Image: 2014-07-25185205_zpsdcf8bb44.jpg]

[Image: 2014-07-25175932_zps6dac733b.jpg]
rumour has it me and Andy travelled the furthest to be here too! All the way from sunderland. 
if you see Andy, go and say HI!

Metro owners may be different (older) but I suspect 90% wouldn't read that. It needs to be punchy or people wont read it.

RE: write up for a car on show - Toms306 - 08-05-2015

Concise bullet points would be better really. People are put off by a big block of text.

feel free to re work it and see what you come with

RE: write up for a car on show - cully - 09-05-2015

• its a metro
  • lots of work
  • walk on

RE: write up for a car on show - Piggy - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 06:45 AM)cully Wrote:
  • its a metro
  • lots of work
  • walk on

yeah, I would read this ^^^

I would 'see' what you wrote and think, bugga that, wheres the burger bar

RE: write up for a car on show - Toms306 - 09-05-2015

You could always add main bullets at the top like Dum's above for the lazy shits (that's most of us tbf... lol ) and leave your story section at the bottom for anyone with a bit more time/interest maybe?

RE: write up for a car on show - Piggy - 09-05-2015

I was guna print out my 49 pages from my project thread...leave it as a little book by the car for anyone to read lmao

RE: write up for a car on show - bashbarnard - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 10:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: I was guna print out my 49 pages from my project thread...leave it as a little book by the car for anyone to read lmao

That's why this sight has a printable version for that exact reason I'm sure.

RE: write up for a car on show - zx_volcane - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 06:45 AM)cully Wrote:
  • its a metro
  • lots of work
  • walk on

^spot on iirc

no way anyone is going to read that much text

clear concise info and facts

RE: write up for a car on show - Seb_Ryan - 09-05-2015

Its a metro, was red now blue, vvc engine old classic?

RE: write up for a car on show - procta - 09-05-2015

Ok this better?

Username: Procta
Model: Rover Metro 1.1s
Modifications: Gta clocks , spot lights, exhaust ,rear spoiler, wide steelies

RE: write up for a car on show - Toms306 - 09-05-2015

Bit too concise now... Itwasntme lol

(09-05-2015, 08:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Bit too concise now... Itwasntme lol

why don't you have a go at knocking one up for me?

RE: write up for a car on show - zx_volcane - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 07:55 PM)procta Wrote: Modifications: Gta clocks , spot lights, exhaust ,rear spoiler, wide steelies

You've done more than this though no?

(09-05-2015, 08:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:55 PM)procta Wrote: Modifications: Gta clocks , spot lights, exhaust ,rear spoiler, wide steelies

You've done more than this though no?

I have Zx but I don't want to disclose that info to the metro lot, as the owners club are not keen on really tooled up metros, I found that out with the gta sadly.

RE: write up for a car on show - Dum-Dum - 09-05-2015

Doesnt your metro have an engine conversion?

If you don't want to go too much into the spec I wouldn't be listing the obvious mods like spot lamps and might be going more along the lines of;

Tony Smith aka "Big Dave"
Gloria the metro
1989 1.1 shell acid dipped and resprayed jingle bell blue
1997 1.8 VVC engine (104PS)
1992 GTA running gear
The ideal combination

You could them use some of the build photos down the side as a nobody under 50 will read a plain white bit of paper in a windscreen but colours and pictures drag people in.

(09-05-2015, 10:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Doesnt your metro have an engine conversion?

If you don't want to go too much into the spec I wouldn't be listing the obvious mods like spot lamps and might be going more along the lines of;

Tony Smith aka "Big Dave"
Gloria the metro
1989 1.1 shell acid dipped and resprayed jingle bell blue
1997 1.8 VVC engine (104PS)
1992 GTA running gear
The ideal combination

You could them use some of the build photos down the side as a nobody under 50 will read a plain white bit of paper in a windscreen but colours and pictures drag people in.

I haven't told them about the vvc engine dum dum as they are not keen on that idea, what I have put on the car, from the gta 16v were all optional extras really,
I might just state the basic stuff I fitted ie the console, black parcel shelf and my bit rover temp sensor thing and shove a photo of when I bought and that's about. 

RE: write up for a car on show - Dum-Dum - 09-05-2015

f*ck that, they can stick it up their arse if thy don't like it. I thought that was the point of modifying, to be different, to be better to not follow the crowd and to not feel like you have to conform?

(09-05-2015, 10:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: f*ck that, they can stick it up their arse if thy don't like it. I thought that was the point of modifying, to be different, to be better to not follow the crowd and to not feel like you have to conform?

sadly dum dum, the reason for that, is due to the fact most of these were robbed for their engines, so they see a vvc metro, as car that robbed an mgf for its engine. in away like a mini owner does. They are more classic status and prefer them standard, They would have a heart attack if they knew I shelled the gta! as I have used 90% of that car anyway.
also dum dum this forum and .net are the only forums that I have posted my project up, the metro owners forum has a thread stating this is the replacement metro and that's about it, no plans or anything have been mentioned.
reason I keep updated on here, as its different and something for you lads to read when you have a spare time.   

RE: write up for a car on show - Frosty - 10-05-2015

Im sure there was some sort of template for the spec sheets last year. I cant find the thread though Sad

RE: write up for a car on show - zx_volcane - 10-05-2015

"Rover metro,

oooh look shiny spotlights,

nothing more to see here, move along"

RE: write up for a car on show - bashbarnard - 10-05-2015

Think im gonna join the metro owners forum and link your project thread then procta. I like to watch the world burn. Lol

RE: write up for a car on show - chylledapps - 10-05-2015

I quite like the description but can see why some would prefer bullet points, go with a brief history and changes on the front then the story bit on the back.

If anyone needs print done then I can help out with that via my print franchise, sexy fliers to little books, can do a good price on it all.*

*not the reason for posting but as someone who has never done a show thought it may be useful to fellow members