306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
TPS thread - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: DW10 HDi section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: TPS thread (/showthread.php?tid=30371)

TPS thread - pug306driver - 08-05-2015

Thanks for that one which gives me more confidence in servicing ours.

At about 1500 rpm the engine seems to slightly misfire, and also revs rise by themselves to about 2k revs, suggesting a possible throttle position sensor fault?

The square ish plastic plate in the last pic held on with plastic tangs, houses the electronics??

Two offset magnets suggest hall effect sensors?? with some in unit logic?? 

Any corrosion/water issues under that plastic plate??

Also, in the pics, the rad expansion tank leak off spout has a hose, meaning a seal is fitted between the rad cap body and the expansion tank top, which is missing on ours.

Please pleased please could someone measure the seal thickness so I can make one ( the seal between the rad cap body and the expansion tank top, not the vac or pressure seals ) and fit a leak off hose and catch tank, which will stop any coolant leak off going onto the alternator etc. An expansion tank overflow tank.

All help greatly appreciated, my grammar and spelling is improving to boot!

RE: TPS thread - Poodle - 08-05-2015

Is this a problem that occurs when driving, or just revving it out of gear while stationary? If it's the latter it seems to be nornal, happens on every one i've dealt with, certainly. It can suffer from corrosion, iirc deeturbo has written a guide on cleaning them if you feel like mucking about with it anyway.

RE: TPS thread - pug306driver - 09-05-2015

Thanks poodle, just my paranoia again..........only hunts a little bit when cold and all seems good when engine is hot etc.......no hunting at revs when driving, well not noticeably at any rate.

So,  are there hall effect sensors inside the tps unit??

Also the rad cap seal, could anyone please please please measure the thickness of the rad cap to exp tank top seal, preety please Heart

So I can make one and then fit an expansion tank over flow tank, rather than let the coolant go insidie the alternator etc.......at the moment with no seal, the coolant leaks form the tank top rather than flow thru the overflow pipe, and then all over the exp tank "welded joint" and then over the alternator.

I need the thickness else the pressure poundage of the cap will be altered??

I cant remember if a seal was there when we got the car?

RE: TPS thread - Piggy - 09-05-2015

just buy a new rad cap!?

RE: TPS thread - pug306driver - 09-05-2015

quite, but austerity rules unfortunately....

RE: TPS thread - Poodle - 09-05-2015

Iirc the tps just uses a variable resistor type of thing, hall effect sensors are usually used to track rotating assemblies, eg camshaft sensor. Have a look in the guide section, there are now two guides for the tps.

I'll try and remember to measure the rap cap seal in a bit.

RE: TPS thread - Toms306 - 09-05-2015

Brand new rad caps are only like a fiver iirc!

RE: TPS thread - pug306driver - 11-05-2015

only a fiver??

will check later on....was expecting £20 ish......

anyways made a seal ( 2 rubber and 2 plastic) which leaked only a drip but  made one from green camping  sleeping mat foam in the end which works.  the overflow tank works a treat........

will make a rubber flap next to divert any possible leakage away from the alternator..........

next little job is the air con and aux drive pulley, but having difficulty in finding a lynx pulley....will post up pics etc about the drive pulley etc during the week.

will re visit the tps thread to find the potentiometer references.....swipper and wire resistance method?

just had a look inn the tps guide, the one with the connector plug and its connections, no mention of any potentiometer, swipper or wire resistance...will check the other one, the guide where the dude uses comma grease......

RE: TPS thread - Poodle - 11-05-2015

Potentiometer, that's the bunny. Is there a question in that post or are you all sorted?

For the lower pulley you'll find you can get an updated pattern part for much less than a lynx pulley.