306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Feeling excited and nervous! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Feeling excited and nervous! (/showthread.php?tid=30198)

Pages: 1 2

Feeling excited and nervous! - highwayman306 - 24-04-2015

I'm going to hospital with the missus today for the 21 week scan Big Grin

I know, I know...Its not car related but I'm excited! This will be my first child and I can't help being a bit, you know, proud Big Grin

We aren't bothered about the sex of the baby just as long as it's healthy. So today we may find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl Big Grin

Would be nice to have a lad to help pass me my spanners and stuff, but then a girl would be cool to do that too Big Grin

Sorry lads, Im just going soppy in my old age and needed a release. Ive been pretty reserved up until now because now its starting to hit home a bit more! Big Grin Confused Huh Undecided

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - MY95 - 24-04-2015

Congrats to you and your partner Smile 
Hope it all goes well for you both Smile 

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - highwayman306 - 24-04-2015

Thanks geezah, il rep you for that! Big Grin

Cos I'm feeling SUPERGOOD! Big Grin

I might rep all the nice comments Big Grin

Watch them come flooding in now! haha

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Iceman299 - 24-04-2015

Congrats mate. The first scan is always a special one.
We had a girl first, who's now 3. She's been helping me with diy jobs since she was 1 lol

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Mattcheese31 - 24-04-2015

Nothing soppy about it, it's what life is all about, it's the hardest thing you'll ever do bring up a child but it also carries more reward than anything else, big congrats, I have two boys that I look after full time myself, so I know lol

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Moonwalker - 24-04-2015

Congratulations to you both! I was in your position 5 years ago, and I now have a beautiful little girl!

It will change your life forever! You will never look back, you'll love Daddy duties, but you'll probably end up falling asleep at work with the 4am feeds! Smile lol!

Cheers Ice, Matt and Moon Wink had the first scan and it was just a blob to me, I know it was my child just didn't look like one, plus it was being awkward turning away from the scan thingy LOL

Hopefully I get to see the awkward little bugger better in this scan Big Grin definitely my child, I'm an awkward so and so Big Grin
Im looking forward to the daddy duties Big Grin

I can't stop smiling about it haha, anyways lads...here's your rep's Big Grin

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Niall - 24-04-2015

Congrats man and hope all goes well Smile

Cheers boss man Big Grin

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - cully - 24-04-2015

Oh! dear Babies! there go's the race car!
you will be selling your car and buying on the spec IF the Pram fits the boot that's what I had to do Wink

anyway it wont truly hit home till you are holding the bundle of joy and torment for the first time
at which time you will need all the luck you can get as these things don't come packaged with a manual

congratulation and enjoy each stage of the growing up as it only happens once and each child is different

Smile

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Seb_Ryan - 24-04-2015

Echo what cully said.. My both is nearly 5 months now.. Gone quick as hell, took 4 years for us to have him aswell. Because she had a section i held him and fed him first so was an epic bday pressie and yeah i cried like hell! Lol

Im proper excited Big Grin I think the pram or pushchair would fit in the boot of the 306...but the subs gotta go lol oh well, i don't really blast music anymore, too old for that really. I think it would be an awesome family car, they are solid and safe...not to mention semi-reliable Big Grin
The hdi in it will keep going so i think the car is def. staying Big Grin can't afford another car either lol It was never a race car although some years back I wanted to track the hell out of it but she's sitting nice and comfortable as standard with stage 1 Big Grin

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - bashbarnard - 24-04-2015

Congratulations. We had a little boy last year who turned one this month. Its hard. But worth it. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Its a life altering experience

(24-04-2015, 09:11 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Echo what cully said.. My both is nearly 5 months now.. Gone quick as hell, took 4 years for us to have him aswell. Because she had a section i held him and fed him first so was an epic bday pressie and yeah i cried like hell! Lol

Yeah its flown by already, we had a bit of trouble as we thought we may not be able to have any but...SURPRISE! Lol The baby is due around my birthday too...so dates should be easy to remember Big Grin

Re: RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Seb_Ryan - 24-04-2015

(24-04-2015, 09:14 AM)highwayman306 Wrote:
(24-04-2015, 09:11 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Echo what cully said.. My both is nearly 5 months now.. Gone quick as hell, took 4 years for us to have him aswell. Because she had a section i held him and fed him first so was an epic bday pressie and yeah i cried like hell! Lol

Yeah its flown by already, we had a bit of trouble as we thought we may not be able to have any but...SURPRISE! Lol The baby is due around my birthday too...so dates should be easy to remember Big Grin

Same as us. He came bout half hour before my bday

(24-04-2015, 09:13 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Congratulations. We had a little boy last year who turned one this month. Its hard. But worth it. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Its a life altering experience

cheers bashy Big Grin Im looking for a life change Big Grin for the better hopefully haha

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Mattcheese31 - 24-04-2015

306 boots are big for the car, buggy will fit I'm sure, always did with mine and I managed to keep a small sub, I've driven bigger cars with smaller boots for sure Smile

Cheers for confirming that matt, i think it will be an ace family car Big Grin i got a fairly big active sub so its compact but sizey...stay tuned for it turning up in for-sale section lol Big Grin

Good news! Just been told by the missus that she could get her sisters in there with the sub so...maybe a keeper Confused but...

weight saving vs ICE ....decisions, decisions Big Grin

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - bashbarnard - 24-04-2015

We have a 306 estate (my 2.1) and Lu has a phase 1 3 door hatch. Never had an issue. Perfect cars for the job. Fit a buggy in fine. The sedan I had wasn't that good though.

I had a phase of being slightly drawn to the sedan's... it passed though lol i thought the boot was alright in those, having never owned one its good to know now Wink

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - simonh - 24-04-2015

We find the sedan really good because the buggy can go in lengthways leaving plenty of boot space for shopping etc. We also have a NAD mk3 Golf which is handy being a hatch but the buggy has to go across the full boot making at a bit useless sometimes. Either way a 4x4 or people carrier is definitely not needed when you have a baby. The baby seat and buggy even fit in my wife's Fiat Coupe. Just get Tesco to deliver the big stuff and it's fine! :-)

yeah i know the missus would shit herself with a big vehicle, she loves the 306 as much as me...well, i hope she does Big Grin i have to clean it though Big Grin

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - 306Dan - 24-04-2015

Congrats chief, I hope all's good come the scan for you

Cheers Dan, got the scan in a couple of hours and can't wait Big Grin

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Iceman299 - 24-04-2015

We got a big mamas and papas pushchair. It fits in the boot along with a small ish toolbox and plenty of space to spare. They're pretty well shaped and can hold a lot. One kid is easy with any car. Having 2 kids is when you need a more family orientated car; coupés can no longer be a comfortable option lol

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - MrBigMac - 24-04-2015

congrats fella Smile

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - cpikey316_ - 24-04-2015

Congratulations!

Mine was 2 weeks ago, got a little girl called Holly coming in August Smile

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - paulgtt - 24-04-2015

Congratulations.
We have our 20 week scan next month, it'll be our first too

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - WiNgNuTz - 24-04-2015

Congratulations dude, my missus is currently 26 weeks gone with our first (my 3rd) daughter, due 1st August.

Hope all is going well so far. Wink

RE: Feeling excited and nervous! - Gaz85 - 25-04-2015

Congrats man hope everything goes well for you both. :-) I've not had any kids yet so can't really add any valid input lol.