306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
306 rallye trackday project - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 306 rallye trackday project (/showthread.php?tid=28088)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 08-03-2016

managed to do a few hours today as finished work due to rain stopping play , so started fitting car interior  , manage to get  fuel  lines back in , wiring to rear  and a load more bits in  as shown in photos

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 17-03-2016

not had alot of time to do much on car this week as been mad busy , but managed to make new carbon  drivers side floor plate  and fitted battery , also managed to fit plumbed in extinguisher and co drivers footrest

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 18-03-2016

also received  pectel dash for car with loom and all sensors  , will try and fit dash this weekend , but will have to wate till engine rebuilt before fitting all sensors , ,also got quite a few of new bits bourht for car wich will add pictures as go along with rebuild

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 27-03-2016

nearly all finished fitting the inside off car up , have finished making braided motorsport  loom and fitted , just got to rewire rad fans when engine bay gets painted , so all going to plan ,also made new carbon rear quarters and fitted digi dash , so a few photos to show progress

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 31-03-2016

started on engine bay other day , removed engine and box , so engine ready for rebuild now , and soft disced engine bay , then coated with a rust proofer , and gave bay  a good few coat of high build primer , and then scotchied ,then on with the 2 pack bianca white , so all ready for fitting back up anytime , so can clear the man cave of all the bits all over the place

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Matt-Rallye - 01-04-2016

Amazing progress on this! i cannot wait to see the finished article in the flesh! Big Grin seriously well done too you

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 01-04-2016

matt ,thank very much ,

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 21-04-2016

havent had a lot of time to post progress on forum , or as much time as wanted to spend on car , but have got a fair bit done but havent had chance to do upto date photo , have mounted all front suspension and rose jointed vts rack , all wiring done in engine bay now , and all aeroquipped , so all ready to fit engine and box when engine comes back from rebuild , so a few photos , but will add upto date one shortly , hopefully will have all finished and mapped in next few month , and get it out for some testing

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 28-05-2016

havent had time for updates lately ,still waiting for engine to come back from engine builders , but been collecting more bit for car for more mods that will be trying , rear shocks on car at moment are proper grpA 306 bilsteins  ,but have the chance of some pucka ohlins rear dampers , so will compare and post photos of them as soon as get chance, also thinking of fitting rear diffuser and other aero mods  as have got hold of carbon fibre one wich is large enough for the rallye as shown in attached photos , and can make carbon front splitter and  carbon flat flooring ,also thinking of other mods for doing to rear suspension

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 11-06-2016

got 2 pairs of new rear dampers to try on car for the measly price of a case of bear ,so will compare to the groupA  tarmac 306 bilsteins on car at moment , but also considering  turreting rear wheel arches and using upright coilovers , so would make new rear beam with fully adjustable rosejoint links for setting up camber and toe in  , plus would mean can take a load more weight out of rear end , so watch this space

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 07-07-2016

right  update on car , car is going to phase 2 , as have decided to do a little more carbon work as car is still on slimfast , so in to surgery she goes , shes getting a full carbon fibre maxi dimma kit , so it will have carbon fibre doors , hatch , bonnet , wings , rear quarters ,bumpers ,front panel ,and rear spoiler , have one of the lads on gti6 forum who has dimma moulds so hes bringing over in the next month so can start making them , have got a few 17" wheels for phase 2 allready , and extending the work shop for a bit more play room

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Matt-Rallye - 08-07-2016

Holy shit! You sir are pushing the boundaries! Big Grin please continue!

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Eeyore - 08-07-2016

Jesus Christ... good luck!

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 09-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 10:32 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Holy shit! You sir are pushing the boundaries! Big Grin please continue!
boundaries are there to be pushed arent they , will keep up dates and photo coming to show progress matt

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Magenta Sunset - 09-07-2016

(07-07-2016, 08:30 PM)twangy Wrote: right  update on car , car is going to phase 2 , as have decided to do a little more carbon work as car is still on slimfast , so in to surgery she goes , shes getting a full carbon fibre maxi dimma kit , so it will have carbon fibre doors , hatch , bonnet , wings , rear quarters ,bumpers ,front panel ,and rear spoiler , have one of the lads on gti6 forum who has dimma moulds so hes bringing over in the next month so can start making them , have got a few 17" wheels for phase 2 allready , and extending the work shop for a bit more play room

how many wheels?? :-O

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 10-07-2016

the answer to the above question asked by magenta sunset, is have gone and got 22 as shown in photo ,  7" x17"  , so will be selling all my 15" wheels and tyres to make some space and money back

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Toms306 - 10-07-2016

22 seems a bit excessive!? And not even divisible by 4... Confused lol

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 13-07-2016

sorry never good at math lal , the deal was for 22 wheels ,  and not really excessive as use wets ,inters as well as different compound slicks tom ,quick update on engine , bottom half all done , fully lightened and balance , arp bolts , cut out in pistons  , and workshop extention  hopefully finished early next week

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 22-07-2016

finally  finished  playpen extention and started sourting inside ready to start on maxi kit , just got a few more items to clear and can start getting on with car

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Eeyore - 22-07-2016

Wow what a garage!

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 02-08-2016

took delivery of all composite today , ready for making dimma /maxi kit for car and other light weight bits as for phase 2 , will be making next weekend so will post photos as going along , have got  kevlar, carbon/kevlar and just carbon fibre , about 80 sq/mtr in total so plenty material to make whatever ,so should be nice and light

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - RetroPug - 02-08-2016

I'm potentially interested in light panels when you do get round to making some mate. I know you're busy, and I'm not in a rush.

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 04-08-2016

dont no what everyone elses missus are like but mine is forever buying stuff and never using it , well the girl done good this time as found parcel that she had bourt and never used , then she blagged me into buying here a new hoover over weekend and gave me dyson for in garage , so hay presto  ,had a few hours spare this afternoon and layed up carbon kevlar cam cover and coil pack cover and put item to good use , basically vacuumed  items of any air and came out without any air pockets and mega light and can make up in no time at all , so result

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - Matt-Rallye - 05-08-2016

That is absolutely epic! lol

Keep up the good work mate! Cant wait to see the finished product of this Smile

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - PocketFighter - 05-08-2016

this is amazing! and making your own carbon parts... fancy making a few bits for my race bike? Big Grin

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 05-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 08:31 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I'm potentially interested in light panels when you do get round to making some mate. I know you're busy, and I'm not in a rush.
 yes mate i no your after bonnet ,just want to get the kit for my car made and will get on with making some items

(05-08-2016, 06:45 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: That is absolutely epic! lol

Keep up the good work mate! Cant wait to see the finished product of this Smile
thanks matt , cant wait to see the bloody thing finished myself lol

(05-08-2016, 08:39 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: this is amazing! and making your own carbon parts... fancy making a few bits for my race bike? Big Grin

cheers mate , wish i had the time to make race bike bits for you , but dont have enough time to work on car as it is

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - PocketFighter - 05-08-2016

Haha worth a try!

Will be keeping a close eye on this, loving the work mate

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 08:47 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: Haha worth a try!

Will be keeping a close eye on this, loving the work mate

thanks mate ,sorry couldnt help out and good luck with the racing

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 15-08-2016

Productive weekend as mate gnrlee from gti6 / rallye forum came over with his newly acquired dimma/ maxi moulds , so manage to make both back quarters and both front wings , these are vacuumed and made of carbon/ Kevlar and Kevlar cloth , vacuuming uses less resin and takes air pocket out so make mega light as well as mega strong , gnrlee will be producing these using same technique but in fibreglass which will be available for any one wanting to build dimma/ maxi, will add more photos as remove from moulds

RE: 306 rallye trackday project - twangy - 15-08-2016

[attachment=28448][attachment=28448]Rear quarter removed from mould