306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Unpleasant black strip - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Interior, Exterior, ICE (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Unpleasant black strip (/showthread.php?tid=25091)

Unpleasant black strip - Bunhead5565 - 06-07-2014

What is the black plastic that is between the edge of the door and the drivers or passengers front windows. It looks like some form of tape and it's been partially picked off so needs replacing any ideas?

RE: Unpleasant black strip - Piggy - 06-07-2014

Yeah they tend to peel on some..
Some take it off and polish it up, as its just painted underneath, but you may find its a different colour!! Due to age etc

RE: Unpleasant black strip - Bunhead5565 - 06-07-2014

Yeah I thought about taking it off but it would look odd. Any idea where I can get new ones from?

RE: Unpleasant black strip - C.A.R. - 06-07-2014

It looks proper shit if you take it off and leave it body-coloured.

I replaced mine with some black sign writing vinyl on eBay, couple of quid, job done! Trick is to take your time, wind the window right down and pull the window rubber away from the edge of the door. It won't last long unless you wrap it underneath the window rubber so cut a section much bigger than you need and trim the excess off afterwards. It takes longer then you'd expect with a squeegee if you're a perfectionist, it's tough getting all those air bubbles out!

RE: Unpleasant black strip - Ruan - 06-07-2014

(06-07-2014, 08:16 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: It looks proper shit if you take it off and leave it body-coloured.

This!!!

Looks really weird especially on light coloured cars.

RE: Unpleasant black strip - deggerz - 07-07-2014

I've took mine off I think it looks alright :/

RE: Unpleasant black strip - 1616six - 07-07-2014

Is your car black judging by your avatar? If so, I can't believe you posted that!

RE: Unpleasant black strip - sweeney1987 - 07-07-2014

its only ok if youve a black car or maybe astor, looks shit on almost everything else.
I do think itd look better with glossy vinyl though

RE: Unpleasant black strip - deggerz - 07-07-2014

Black cars don't have them do they,? Now I feel like a penis Sad, there were off when I bought the car thought they'd already been done

RE: Unpleasant black strip - Eeyore - 08-07-2014

I replaced one on mine... Its better but its a pain to get all the glue off. Im going to see if i can get the dimensions of them and get my vinyl cutter to make some up.

RE: Unpleasant black strip - Ruan - 12-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 02:09 PM)deggerz Wrote: Black cars don't have them do they,? Now I feel like a penis Sad, there were off when I bought the car thought they'd already been done

They do from the factory, but often are removed.

They're to join the bit between the glass, making it look like one continuous section - looks really weird without it!

RE: Unpleasant black strip - Bunhead5565 - 12-07-2014

I've bought the vinal herring and am going to replace them tomorrow if it's not raining see what it looks lik after !!