306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: DW10 HDi section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=23342)

Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - dr_jekyll - 18-04-2014

Just had the clutch out the hdi (down to the rivets) and had bought a paddle clutch but been mis-sold it as its an xud one, can i use a hdi pressure plate on the xud friction plate? And will it give enough grip as the xud paddle is skinnier

P.s stage 2 full torque

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - HDi--Power - 18-04-2014

Not, you need the correct kit, the xud diameter will be different

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - dr_jekyll - 18-04-2014

Really :/ what if i did the gti6 flywheel conversion?

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - Danny2009 - 18-04-2014

Need to convert the box to run a xud clutch too

Ahhh, just looking at options for clutch as got screwed over with an xud one. So running this ceramic xud friction plate with a hdi pressure plate isnt an option??
How good are Luk clutches at holding stage 2 full torque?

I'd go with a valeo I've held 250lbft on a xud luk clutch

Im 290lbft

Well according to whippy but when has that fella ever failed to deliver lol

Mine held 250 no issue not sure what there rated to

Hmm can get a Luk tommorow from eurocarparts for £95, tempted to get that and fit it with the cg ceramic plate from the xud clutch, worst case scenario it dosnt hold and i end up having to put the luk friction plate in

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - HDi--Power - 18-04-2014

It wont work unless you convert the car and gearbox to use an xud clutch, send it back and get the right one if it was mis-sold?

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - dr_jekyll - 19-04-2014

Can you explain to me why please? (Not saying your wrong but im new to clutches and trying to learn)
My plan was to get an oem clutch today and mix and match it with the ceramic paddle friction plate i have.
The friction plate is slightly smaller but all the paddles still make full contact with the flywheel and pressure plate, also though the footprint is reduced because of the smaller diameter the friction plates are much more grippier than an organic plate and has much better heat dispursing proerties.

Is there any reason beyond what ive looked at why this wouldnt work?

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - Seb_Ryan - 19-04-2014

Hdi is normal push type clutch and XUD is a pull type clutch, that's why you'd need to change lots of bits cos they work the opposite way

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - darrenjlobb - 19-04-2014

If i was you id get a gti6 flywheel and xud box fork and use the clutch you have got Tongue

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - HDi--Power - 19-04-2014

(19-04-2014, 06:24 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Can you explain to me why please? (Not saying your wrong but im new to clutches and trying to learn)
My plan was to get an oem clutch today and mix and match it with the ceramic paddle friction plate i have.
The friction plate is slightly smaller but all the paddles still make full contact with the flywheel and pressure plate, also though the footprint is reduced because of the smaller diameter the friction plates are much more grippier than an organic plate and has much better heat dispursing proerties.

Is there any reason beyond what ive looked at why this wouldnt work?

Even if you could get it to work it wouldnt hold the torque, the spring is weaker on the HDi clutch which is why it has a larger diameter friction plate, you need an xud pressure plate, gearbox fork, gearbox cable bracket, clutch cable and an xu flywheel if you want it to work because otherwise its nothing more than an expensive lashup

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - dr_jekyll - 19-04-2014

Its in and an absolute animal Smile

Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - Jtrigga - 20-04-2014

(19-04-2014, 10:53 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Its in and an absolute animal Smile

What clutch did you go for in the end?

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - dr_jekyll - 20-04-2014

Ermmm.. its a mix up lol, cg ceramic friction plate with a luk oen pressure plate and release bearing

[attachment=15593]

RE: Clutch F#$k Up HELP!!!!! - dr_jekyll - 23-02-2015

Clutch is still going strong, nearly 30k on it now