306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project (/showthread.php?tid=23020)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Eeyore - 14-12-2016

Ive had this issue. There are two types, fine thread and fat thread. If you put the wrong bolt in the wrong one then it breaks the captive nut. I took a small belt sanding tool and cut a hole so i could get a spanner in to hold the nut.

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Paul Baldwin - 15-12-2016

Must be some pretty serious vibration. I used the blue stuff after regular issues with the cycle wings on my kit-car coming loose and it was job jobbed. It was used every day too so clocked up a fair mileage over time.

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 15-12-2016

(15-12-2016, 12:24 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Must be some pretty serious vibration. I used the blue stuff after regular issues with the cycle wings on my kit-car coming loose and it was job jobbed. It was used every day too so clocked up a fair mileage over time.
Im pretty much static. Dont know if oil damages it over time as my brethers down there but do degrease everything before applicating

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - zx_volcane - 17-12-2016

(14-12-2016, 09:07 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Ive had this issue. There are two types, fine thread and fat thread. If you put the wrong bolt in the wrong one then it breaks the captive nut. I took a small belt sanding tool and cut a hole so i could get a spanner in to hold the nut.

This, it's a pita

When had a spare subframe welded then went fit assuming same bolts then wasn't the case.

Real nonsense then trying to find right bolts.

Hopefully yours will stay put this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 17-12-2016

Think im gonna whip out what ive got and weld them up at work. Might be able to find somthing high tensile to replace it with but means going corse thread instead.

Ordered the powerflex pbush and front bush today as everyones recomending them so much and gonna grab two new wishbones too.

Tightened the bolt up and its still holding well but the bearings most deffinatley have developed some mild play now so looks like this will be the first job of the new year for me

Ohh just to add will be repairing the wishbones to sell. Everytime the pbush develops play its usually the center shaft worn out. Bought new from lynx the last time but now have access to a lathe to turn my own replacments down. Will obv replace all bearings too before sale

Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 22-12-2016

Ok... so officially glad i listened for once. New bushes have arrived and look the bee's knees. Just gotta source some wishbones and ball joints now

[Image: 72a68763cec41e08c209486a35a15f3b.jpg]

While im looking for wishbones is there any better then standard versions? Or any mods to do such as seem weld or somthing daft. Just a thought if im building another set up

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Eeyore - 22-12-2016

Im sure someone posted a cheap set where the shaft had snapped in the pbush. Can you not rebush your current ones? or not time to take the car off the road?

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 22-12-2016

(22-12-2016, 09:57 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Im sure someone posted a cheap set where the shaft had snapped in the pbush. Can you not rebush your current ones? or not time to take the car off the road?
Tbh im just unable to take the car off the road atm and think im gonna struggle to remove the front bearing housing as looked pretty well rusted in the last time

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - MY95 - 22-12-2016

Get yourself some TRW ones from Misterauto (got a pair for £75 I think, closest ones youll get to Peugeot own stuff/quality but at least half the price)

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - ozonehostile - 23-12-2016

Meyle HD wishbones are generally considered to be the best quality out there other than genuine, but some older sets did suffer with quality issues but they've been rectified now.
I used a set of genuine wishbones on my 6 and rebushed those

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Eeyore - 23-12-2016

Meyle HD all the way but they are too good to strip to put your bushes in.

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - zx_volcane - 23-12-2016

(22-12-2016, 09:57 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Im sure someone posted a cheap set where the shaft had snapped in the pbush. Can you not rebush your current ones? or not time to take the car off the road?

That was me haha

Can't remember where they were from, but one of the big motorfactors - ECP, GSF ..etc

Were not mega cheap ebay items

Best bet is a set of gen pug items that have knackered bushes - pop a thread up see if anyone has any spare

Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 23-12-2016

Meyle hd p bushes scare me now [Image: 78dd97e6e8d47fb93c0e9dcebb8bb0f4.jpg] was a pretty arse clenching momment when that went [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] think i may have sourced some originals. Look pretty rusty so shall have to bin them to my mate to sand blast.

Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - bashbarnard - 23-12-2016

I use motoquip ones on mine bastard things to get holf of but never given me an issue not once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 23-12-2016

(23-12-2016, 02:21 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I use motoquip ones on mine bastard things to get holf of but never given me an issue not once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got a 12ton hydrolic press at work and air chisel so hoping they will help

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Piggy - 23-12-2016

I realise there are many running meyle hd who dont have issues... But theres quite a number of stories (just via this forum) I have heard of them failing.
Yet my "rubbish" cheap nasty powerflex bushes have done 30k miles nearly

(23-12-2016, 04:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: I realise there are many running meyle hd who dont have issues... But theres quite a number of stories (just via this forum) I have heard of them failing.
Just comes down to how you drive i guess. I drive aggressive like a plank so the pflex's hopefully should be spot on. Pretty happy with how girthy the pbush is. Was slightly worried to it being ali bodied but looking how thick they are in person my concerns there are gone

Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - zx_volcane - 23-12-2016

(23-12-2016, 04:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: I realise there are many running meyle hd who dont have issues... But theres quite a number of stories (just via this forum) I have heard of them failing.

This

I snapped p bushes on both sides within a year iirc

Not the pin, but the sheet metal that bolts to subframe

However in fairness I got my money back, unlike cheap motor factors.

Maybe a bad batch?

I now run oem arms with power flex bushes and lemforder ball joints.

Zero issues since

(23-12-2016, 07:58 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:

This

I snapped p bushes on both sides within a year iirc

Not the pin, but the sheet metal that bolts to subframe

However in fairness I got my money back, unlike cheap motor factors.

Maybe a bad batch?

I now run oem arms with power flex bushes and lemforder ball joints.

Zero issues since

Are lemforder considered better ball joints? Seem to go through two pairs a year

Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - zx_volcane - 23-12-2016

(23-12-2016, 08:14 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Are lemforder considered better ball joints? Seem to go through two pairs a year

Yes but expensive

(23-12-2016, 08:17 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(23-12-2016, 08:14 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Are lemforder considered better ball joints? Seem to go through two pairs a year

Yes but expensive

Ive not looked them up.. bench price?

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - welshpug - 23-12-2016

i use cheap motaquip balljoints and they're fine.

I fitted QH ball joints to my wishbones when they were rebuilt originally with the pflex ones... Still solid as a rock

I seriously dont know how i just chew everything out. Bad roads? Poor setup? Over aggresive? Nothing seems to last a long duration on my car

Way too low?

More than likley

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - zx_volcane - 24-12-2016

(23-12-2016, 09:25 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: I seriously dont know how i just chew everything out. Bad roads? Poor setup? Over aggresive? Nothing seems to last a long duration on my car

cause you run everything so low, and every component is way out of its comfort zone.

maybe look into a way of altering the angle of your dangles - so components are not at extremes and will be happy where you want them.

be the same issue as having stock length arb when low - the balljoints are stressed to beyond belief and fail quickly.

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - welshpug - 24-12-2016

doesn't affect droplinks anywhere near as much as you might think due to the angle they are attached to the strut and arb, its only when steering do they go away from 90 degrees, the arb rotates in its bushes so height doesn't matter at all in regards to any preload either.

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - dr_jekyll - 24-12-2016

Hmm wishbone wise they sit straight across the board. Drive shafts face up which isnt so great.
Dont tend to kill many arb links but have considered rosejointed ones. If i can source the left/right hand threaded turnbuckles ive got everything else at work to make them so wouldnt cost a bomb.
In regards to drive shafts the drivers shaft causes me lots of issues. If i load the car into a tight left hander you feel the cv joint "popping". Ive put this down to a continueing falling top engine mount tho still think im clutching at straws there. Engine mount wise im on a bbm gearbox mount, powerflex old style lower and stock top as the bbm one failed. The stock top always collapses and tears and its currently going through the motions again. When it compresses it drops in around 15mm. This is pretty much why i want the vibra mounts

RE: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project - Eeyore - 24-12-2016

Hmmm I guess you could raise it a bit.