306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? (/showthread.php?tid=22349)

Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 19-03-2014

Should do mine really... Would like to do it myself but never done one before, so could do with a hand, someone fairly near Dorset would be ideal. Beer tokens can/will be provided Smile

Cheers,
laurence

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 20-03-2014

Is it that much of an arse? Haha

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - ginge191 - 20-03-2014

Not particularly; just don't think there's a large base of members that way..

I know Matt is in Bournemouth but he's pretty busy, most others are closer hampshire, cornwall or further north.

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 20-03-2014

Wouldn't mind a bit of a road trip to get it done Smile just want to learn how to do it really... The last one I spent 250 getting it and a couple other things done... And it would be nice to save some of that haha

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - Tom - 20-03-2014

Loads of lads in Devon all pretty clued up. Zakk is up a bit from you i think hes Herefordshire? but he loves helping people :p Theres a meet there actually to do someone elses car so maybe you could join in?

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - Matt - 21-03-2014

I'm in Chichester at the moment, more than up for giving a hand Smile

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 21-03-2014

(20-03-2014, 10:59 PM)Tom Wrote: Loads of lads in Devon all pretty clued up. Zakk is up a bit from you i think hes Herefordshire? but he loves helping people :p Theres a meet there actually to do someone elses car so maybe you could join in?

Ahh I'll have to look for that thread Smile that's ozonehostile?

(21-03-2014, 12:31 AM)Matt Wrote: I'm in Chichester at the moment, more than up for giving a hand Smile

Nice one! Smile what sort of time does it usually take?

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - Matt - 21-03-2014

Tbh mate, depends how much if a bastard it wants to be, if set aside a couple of hours to be safe

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 21-03-2014

sounds ideal... where's a good place for you to do it? probably be easier for me to come to you wont it?

Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - devils_fuel - 03-04-2014

(20-03-2014, 10:59 PM)Tom Wrote: Loads of lads in Devon all pretty clued up. Zakk is up a bit from you i think hes Herefordshire? but he loves helping people :p Theres a meet there actually to do someone elses car so maybe you could join in?

That will be my French racing shed tom lol The meet is this Saturday Smile

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 10-04-2014

(03-04-2014, 05:48 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:

That will be my French racing shed tom lol The meet is this Saturday Smile

oops... completely missed out on that one Speechless Did they get the other car sorted?

Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - devils_fuel - 10-04-2014

The car is now repaired, I think? We rebuilt it last Sunday and the water-pump started leaking due to a crack in the gasket, so Zach has had MYA in his workshop all this week rebuilding it all again Smile.

Hopefully collecting it sat morning Smile

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 10-04-2014

(10-04-2014, 10:03 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: The car is now repaired, I think? We rebuilt it last Sunday and the water-pump started leaking due to a crack in the gasket, so Zach has had MYA in his workshop all this week rebuilding it all again Smile.

Hopefully collecting it sat morning Smile

Ahh nice one! bit gutted I missed out really lol, did many people turn upp?

Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - Razorback_Rob - 10-04-2014

I wouldn't ask Zakk to do it :L his exact words were "I'm never doing a ******* belt again I would rather pay money than do this ever again :p

Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - devils_fuel - 11-04-2014

I'm sure there was more swearing rob lol

Not many peeps turned up Lawrence hence it took 2 days...then the water pump leaked Sad

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - laurence_13 - 11-04-2014

(11-04-2014, 04:03 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: I'm sure there was more swearing rob lol

Not many peeps turned up Lawrence hence it took 2 days...then the water pump leaked Sad

ahh shocking... Sad sorry I didn't turn up lol, probably wouldnt of been much use anyway haha

Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - devils_fuel - 11-04-2014

Cars are cars mate, they sometimes don't play ball Smile

RE: Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? - Tom - 11-04-2014

Its more than sometimes...

True tom but trying to stay positive Smile