306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike (/showthread.php?tid=22323)

Pages: 1 2

Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - lolsteve - 19-03-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvVouuH4tLQ&feature=youtu.be

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Dum-Dum - 19-03-2014

Stupid bint!.

Catapult her over a car see how she likes it as she obviously doesn't care enough to even get out and check if the rider is OK or apologise.

Actually no, just shoot her.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - THE_Liam - 19-03-2014

Jesus wept! He's one lucky fucker to still be walking! This is what puts me off getting a bike license...

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Grant - 19-03-2014

As said, lucky to walk away from that.

No doubt about who is at fault there...

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Piggy - 19-03-2014

To be fair, I think she was comforting her daughter who was crying in the front passenger seat...but then, if she cared so much about her daughter she wouldnt turn the car side onto a oncoming bike!

Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - zx_volcane - 19-03-2014

This is what bugs me about being on a bike, so hard to anticipate actions like this. And even at a relatively low speed you can properly get hurt. Glad the chap walked away from this one, and no doubt a big wake up call for the driver.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - C2K - 19-03-2014

Such a poor bit of driving that. Unfortunately I see a shit load of sub standard driving like this every day, it's frightening how poor the roads are, wouldn't feel safe on a bike at all.

Re: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - kentiiboii - 19-03-2014

Bloody hell he was lucky to walk from that! As said id love a bike, but things like this really puts me off. Undecided

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Niall - 19-03-2014

Thats a 30mph road and I'm pretty sure he was doing more than 30! Although the 306 driver shouldn't of pulled out. He was lucky to get up. Shame he didnt land on his feet and keep walking lol

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Toms306 - 19-03-2014

Sure some people don't have eyes....its not hard to look before turning ffs... Though maybe they couldn't see the bike due to sun though, we don't know both sides of the story tbf.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - 7057sam - 19-03-2014

Lucky escape for the biker

glad that them horrible wheels will get crashed with the car Smile

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Eeyore - 19-03-2014

Yeh thats poor driving. it was as if she was trying to make the turn quickly before the bike! Fair her comforting the kid though as the guy was obviously up and instantly harassing her.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Curt - 19-03-2014

(19-03-2014, 10:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: the guy was obviously up and instantly harassing her.

Rightly f*cking so! That's shocking footage, don't even know what she could have been thinking.

Just watched it again and there is a fair bit of time between her pulling onto his side of the road and him hitting her and he didn't even touch the brakes. Rather odd.
She obviously just wasn't paying attention. Scary thing is, i see this more and more on the roads with people pulling out of lanes without looking, drifting across roads etc. Driving test really needs to be toughened up!

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Jenkosowls - 19-03-2014

Personally being involved in something like when I was on a bike it's fight or flight mode when involved in an accident you soon get up with anger Etc but bang it hits you out of no where.

But he was going a tad quick in that video

For me, he quite clearly brakes before impact. He just didn't really have much of a chance. Probably was speeding, but a lot of people do and you don't just go because they should be going slower.

(19-03-2014, 10:55 PM)Curt Wrote: For me, he quite clearly brakes before impact. He just didn't really have much of a chance. Probably was speeding, but a lot of people do and you don't just go because they should be going slower.

I didn't see his brake light come on so guessed he didn't.
No, not saying that at all but unfortunately the insurers see it differently. One of the missus friends pulled out in front of a car a day after she passed her test. It was her fault yet the driver of the car she pulled out in front of admitted to doing 40 in a 30. Insurance said she wasn't at fault because it would of been more difficult to judge the speed of the oncoming car as most can judge how long it will take a car to get to you at the speed limit of that road. Ridiculous if you ask me.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Rippthrough - 19-03-2014

To be honest, the video probably looks a bit faster from the perspective of the helmet cam, they're certainly not going silly speeds in the vid from behind.

Oh yeah I see what you mean from that point of view, that is ridiculous. It's always a judgment call, and if you make it because of the speed limit of the road then you shouldn't really be driving!

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - 306Dan - 20-03-2014

lucky to walk away, I know i didnt when i got wiped out, i know people are on about him speeding but what if the roads a 40mph limit theres no signs shown in the short space nor any junctions to any close's or housing estates to spot any other signs, just food for thought

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - r3k1355 - 20-03-2014

I'm surprised the rider didn't take his helmet off and smash it through the drivers window, stupid bitch needs a wakeup call.

(19-03-2014, 09:39 PM)Niall Wrote: Thats a 30mph road and I'm pretty sure he was doing more than 30! Although the 306 driver shouldn't of pulled out. He was lucky to get up. Shame he didnt land on his feet and keep walking lol

The helmet cam makes it seem so much faster, maybe it's the angle or it's the framerate.

The video from the biker behind shows them just pottering along, they're going so slow they creep past a cyclist.

If I were the biker I'd send the second video into the insurance company, the first one might make them think the biker was speeding (when he clearly wasn't)

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - mspdan - 20-03-2014

silly woman driver and they wonder why they get bad names...

been there done that, got a full bike licence, someone shot out the end of a drive and met my gsxr 600, wasnt impressed at the time but my leg never really has been the same since

since havent really had any of my bikes out at peak times as i dont fancy getting knocked off twice..

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Dum-Dum - 20-03-2014

As Niall says its yet more proof that the driving test in this country isn't hard enough and the standard of driving is far too low.

As for going straight up to the drivers window its kinda a natural reaction on the bike. Even when I cycle round London I regularly end up punching cars or letting my bar end smash into them when they cut me up. Id rather hit the car first to make the driver wake the f*ck up than get pinned between the car/bus and the kerb. People don't realise how easy you are to take off on a bike and how much space you need sometimes.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Curt - 20-03-2014

If you watch it on YouTube he explains that the GoPro distorts it and looks misleading, as said, the camera from behind shows they're cruising. He also states when he started breaking.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Toms306 - 20-03-2014

(20-03-2014, 05:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: As Niall says its yet more proof that the driving test in this country isn't hard enough and the standard of driving is far too low.

I don't think this has anything to do with the test tbh.

I doubt any of us drive in real life as we did on the test?

People just need to learn consideration and realise that their actions affect other people....that goes for more than just driving though...a lot of people seem to struggle with walking tbh! lol

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Niall - 20-03-2014

(20-03-2014, 06:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(20-03-2014, 05:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: As Niall says its yet more proof that the driving test in this country isn't hard enough and the standard of driving is far too low.

I don't think this has anything to do with the test tbh.

I doubt any of us drive in real life as we did on the test?

People just need to learn consideration and realise that their actions affect other people....that goes for more than just driving though...a lot of people seem to struggle with walking tbh! lol

I think it does tbh. People don't look sometimes because they were never told when they need to. And i know that sounds really stupid and should just be common sense but for some people, they do need telling!

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - DeeTurbo - 21-03-2014

I bet she was distracted by the kid in the front.

Guy I lift share with always pays more attention to his little brat then the road.

Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Razorback_Rob - 21-03-2014

Yeowch! Lucky landing. What a colossal bitch.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - RetroPug - 21-03-2014

This is pretty close to how my near-mint Ph.2 got written off... woman turning into a side street looking at her sat nav and not the road.
She admitted fault and not paying attention etc. which is honest of her but if I'd have been on a motorbike or bicycle I could have been very seriously injured. Hopefully it was a wake up call.

RE: Hello Mr 306 I am a bike - Ripshaft - 22-03-2014

Bloody hell!