306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 19-04-2015

So this happened today. But I'm to tired to explain so here's a picture

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Poodle - 20-04-2015

Looks great mate, got it in on time then.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 20-04-2015

Yeah I've also got today. But promised mrs id spend it with her as I've been doing this for three days straight. Got a few things to do still. Can wait till tomorrow.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Piggy - 20-04-2015

Well done fella Smile

I am now insured. want to go pick it up!!! so excited

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Frosty - 20-04-2015

Good work mate

So first drive. Boost hose pops off half way home. Was disappointed with her at first but now she's tuned properly rather than just that will do. My god she goes and the noise!! Ohhhhh baaarrrrp pssssshhhhh

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Frosty - 20-04-2015

We need more pics and a proper write up of your weekend activity Smile

right ill up load what ive got. its not a lot to be fair. i can get more pictures as the bay get tidied up a bit. so basically what happened was on friday got the engone out within 2 hours which was pretty good going. Then just started hitting issues all weekend from there really. Wouldn't clear the master cylinder so had trim a little off it. also the bottom rad hose im not happy with if im honest. i think i will be replacing this with a 205 diesel metal one that they run. that way i can bolt it into place and it wont move. the intercooler was a fairly straight forward to be honest. used a couple of the original 406 boost pipes i had. will (pugmanxud) came out and helped me weld up the relocation mani. i had already made the first half he helped make the rest then welded it while i got on with all the wiring. its now running a straight through exhaust with a "cat" although its a touch loud for my liking and if im honest may want to out a back box on soon. here are the pics of the weekend. well what i took any way.  

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 21-04-2015

Another little update. Maxed out the 9mm today as much as i can go. Its flys. Had boost spikes in 5th though to 2 bar. Im trying the get it settled at 1.5 1.6 bar I think will do perfect. Ive heard different things about what's "safe" to run the gt2052s at. Hopefully not gonna lift the head. Might have to start saving for arps.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Midnightclub - 21-04-2015

Defo don't want to be hitting 2 bar often, it won't last long otherwise

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - bashbarnard - 21-04-2015

Yeah that's what I thought. It spiked once and I shat myself lol [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES].

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Anton - 21-04-2015

22-25psi is good, no more ideally. However 28-30 is fun Wink

Well 30 would be great but I like the car I've just built! I don't need to repair it anytime soon. I think a nice safe 22\24 will be suffice.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Piggy - 21-04-2015

oH, may I welcome you to the rare and prestigious big balls 2.1 club Smile ThumbsUp

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Danny Wideboy - 21-04-2015

(21-04-2015, 01:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: oH, may I welcome you to the rare and prestigious big balls 2.1 club Smile ThumbsUp

There's no replacement for displacement. 

Or does Tom make more power than you with a 1.9 and a better turbo? 

As in zx-volcane. Yes way more power. Way way more. All I can say is that I've finally got the tune down to a fine tee after two days of fettling peak boost at 1.6 bar in 5th and my Christ does she pull something mad!! Im so happy with her. Id love to see what more powerful ones are like. Bloody scary I would guess.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Piggy - 21-04-2015

(21-04-2015, 07:35 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:
(21-04-2015, 01:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: oH, may I welcome you to the rare and prestigious big balls 2.1 club Smile ThumbsUp

There's no replacement for displacement. 

Or does Tom make more power than you with a 1.9 and a better turbo? 

Woh woh woh.

Actually, he makes similar power with a MUCH better and MUCH bigger turbo and 12mm magic pump from Skando land. And an overall bigger budget and fair better expertise and knowledge and skill than my puny pig brain!

Was gonna say my build cost including buying the car has been around a grand. All done on a massive budget. The only new thing on the entire car is the intercooler. Everything else I've called favours in for or spent hours online looking for a bargin. I love reading about toms car but I don't ever think mine will get there sadly. Budget just doesn't allow it. Great learning curve though. Even the adaptor plates I made for free. Metal from a scrap pile a drill and dremel.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Poodle - 22-04-2015

(21-04-2015, 01:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: oH, may I welcome you to the rare and prestigious big boat anchor ruining the handling of my car club Smile ThumbsUp

Lol love your excuses list, had no idea you'd passed the 250bhp mark. Edited the above for accuracy. Wink

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - bashbarnard - 22-04-2015

I can see why piggy goes on about how good the 2.1 is. Doesn't like to rev all the power low down. Nice drive. But that ^^^^ is funny.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - zx_volcane - 22-04-2015

Deffo no need to have a pop at Piggy, he's pushed his 2.1 through some remarkable barriers and has more than made up for it's extra weight on the front by loosing pretty much all of it from the rest of the car.

Most of us on here have grabbed an engine, a turbo, some internet research and and sellotaped it together best we can. A lot of car scenes follow a very 'easy' bolt on turbo / pump / injector upgrade route, and it's nice to see people over here experimenting with what they have laying around.

Lets all give each other an encouraging pat on the back and look towards the holy trinity of boost, boost and the holy boost

Back on topic?

Have you plumbed in an emp gauge on this? Would be really interesting to measure backpressure, you'll soon see when the gt2052s is starting to choke up. Plus you'll need it for when you go VNT

As Anton said, 25psi is prob a safe bet - but we prob both ran a little above that on the same turbo and did a fair amount of miles between us.

Either way, epic little turbo - for a daily driver they don't half pick you up and get your around.

In all fairness piggy has helped alot recently been at the end of messenger for me whenever I've needed someone that's done the conversion. He even sent me parts of his wiring harness that he stripped out that I needed!

I have not yet plumed an emp gauge in. I really need an oil temp one at the mo next. Have no idea what they are. After that ill be putting an emp gauge in some point in the futre. For the next 6 months or so though not much more will happen as I have the remainder of my wedding to pay for. Thankfully I have an understanding other half.
Im now running 1.6 bar which is around 22\23 psi I think. If I push it to 1.7 I get horrendous boost spike to 2.0 maybe more that's as high as my gauge goes. Its not worth the risk to go a bit more imo.

Also side note. Looking forward to my first fcs. Can book my tickets Friday when I get paid.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - zx_volcane - 22-04-2015

why does it spike? wastegate should just open up at whatever psi you set the mbc to ...

No idea. Don't have a mbc though. Its was all adjusted on the wastegate arm. Might be why.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - bashbarnard - 23-04-2015

So my car has decided to vomit diesel all over my clean engine bay. Shit

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - Dum-Dum - 23-04-2015

Diesel from where?

Sounds like a good excuse for a full 10mm line and pump set up TBH

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - bashbarnard - 23-04-2015

Turned out to be a leak off pipe t piece. Not an issue swapped the one out from my washer jets to keep me going. I will be investing in 10mm lines as I have a big filter housing coming as well.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - 205dtub - 23-04-2015

What filter housing did you go for bud?

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 tuning and little fixs - bashbarnard - 24-04-2015

A lorry one my friend got me from work. Havnt even seen it yet.