306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - Poodle - 04-03-2015

I'm agreeing with you tbh, leave the wastegate on and box mount it. Bore out the manifold exit as much as you can and match the pipe size to that. I've seen people use crazy big pipe, but all it will do is kill spool time.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 04-03-2015

So many conflicting opinions. Still in two minds to be fair.

The only thing that puts me off box mounting is the spool of the td04 is already a late one.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - silverzx - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 01:51 PM)Poodle Wrote: I'm agreeing with you tbh, leave the wastegate on and box mount it. Bore out the manifold exit as much as you can and match the pipe size to that. I've seen people use crazy big pipe, but all it will do is kill spool time.

Never thought about boring out the standard exhaust manifold.. Doh! Sleepy

So looking at the turbos side by side the td04 is only a touch bigger. Some people say it wont fit some say it will so opinions people yes it will or no it wont?!

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - Dum-Dum - 04-03-2015

Defo box mount it while the engine is out. 1.75" / 45mm pipe is fine for the relocation pipe. 3 x 90* bends will be enough to do it. then as big a down pipe as you can afford/fit

That's the sorta answer I need! I'll see what I can get hold of via work for this. I'll mock it up on my spare gearbox.

It will be 2 1/2 downpipe I think

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 05-03-2015

Think I've got a gt1749v coming for this now. Good deal on it as well because of the car getting scrapped its on.

So lets talk boost cans. I hear they run the turbo hot on long runs?

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - Piggy - 05-03-2015

They don't really run the turbo hot, but if not setup well, the EMPs on cruising will be high. Its about the vane stop screw and MBC on the boost can

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 05-03-2015

Do high emps have big drawbacks? How can you combat them?

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - Piggy - 05-03-2015

see my FB messages! Haha

Essentially, kill your engine

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 06-03-2015

Yeah cheers for that man. Just on the search for EMP and EGT setups now.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 07-03-2015

Things I've learnt about building xuds recently. Whatever budget you have. Ignore it, tell yourself it will be worth it once done

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 09-03-2015

so its about time this got a little update again as a few things have been going on. the engine is pretty much built up now minus the pump and the exhaust mani. the pump has still got to be built at a later date when i get the time to. another job on the endless list ATM is the wiring harness needs thining down. far to much wiring for my likeing so thats got to be done as well. The cam belt you see lying down in the pic is the one that came on it. havnt put the new one on for the reason i will probably damage it. this ones just for mocking up stuff at this time.

ive got my new turbo that im stripping off a car at work ATM. a GT1749v. this will be controlled by a boost can at this time. i may go down electronic control in the futre but not yet. got to say a big thanks to piggy for explaining VNTs to me the other night and how to set them up. i also owe dum-dum a thanks as well for helping also. 

ive bought a boost gauge and EGT gauge off Londondan along with the centre console pod so i can fit the three gauges i want in there. im looking at a few EPG at the mo. think im gonna buy this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110577507262?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On the list of never ending parts is also a front mount and some slim line fans to go with it. still got to make some plates and relocation stuff. Apart from the major stress out i had the other night over the time this is taken. everythings going well. Took a step back for a couple of days and then got the itch to get on with it again. 

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 15-03-2015

So ive ran into a slight issue with my new turbo. this is the oil feed bit and oil return. the top pipes are water pipes. thankfully only spent four hours trying to remove this to find out this is going to be an issue. if anyone has a solution ill keep removing it. a friend said look up the oil feed the other day to me. just assumed it would be ok. what a plonka 

Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - zx_volcane - 15-03-2015

Need to make up a flange for that or adapt the oem connector?

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 15-03-2015

The oem connector is the same both sides so the bit in the block is the same. Would be more effort than its worth for a small turbo. Got my eye on ebay at this time to find something else. I'm sure we can get a better turbo as well.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 27-03-2015

So i have a date now for this transplant to happen. comes off the road on the 17th of April never to be a 1.9 again. got all my parts ordered up just a few very little things to go. still got to mig up relocation mani. thats about it though

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 preparation - bashbarnard - 31-03-2015

So a little bit has been happening since the last update. i now have a turbo thats good with an oil line to match. a gt2052s. figure it should match up to this engine well because of the nice quick spool. also they are readily avaliable and im running out of time to get the bits in time. ive also got my front mount setup that arrived today and have started to work on my relocation mani for the turbo. its all go go go at the mo. hoping to get a bit of time over the Easter break to get in the workshop and have a play as well. here are some pictures. everyone loves pictures. also wondering how to run this over to the turbo and back. saw this on the net and thought it looked ok. so might be copying this. with heat wrap though. also trying to think of air filter setups for this as well. 

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 06-04-2015

So i got the turbo mounted today more or less where i want it. just got to figure out the pipe route now to get it to work. Also has anyone had any success tapping plastic manifolds to get a boost take off, lda take off and actuator rake off.  

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Uberderv - 06-04-2015

What about something where the original EGR pipe would have gone?

(06-04-2015, 02:18 PM)Uberderv Wrote: What about something where the original EGR pipe would have gone?

Didn't think of that. Its just more stuff to fit down back then and more messy pipe work. Will have to at this rate.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Uberderv - 06-04-2015

Or there is summit on the R/H/S of the intake manifold which looks like a cap of some sort. Do you still have the original boost pips that comes off the Mani? It has a sensor in that can be removed and used as a take off.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Piggy - 06-04-2015

Remember you only need one take off, then T off that.

Wink

(06-04-2015, 05:43 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Or there is summit on the R/H/S of the intake manifold which looks like a cap of some sort. Do you still have the original boost pips that comes off the Mani? It has a sensor in that can be removed and used as a take off.

That's a good idea. I don't want to tee 3 pipes off on take off. Boost and actuator off one as they are same size and lda off another as that's another size.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 14-04-2015

So bit of an update. I have Friday and Monday off work so the motor goes in for the 2.1 to happen Friday. If anyone wants to come say hi to me Saturday afternoon would be good as no actual work will be going on and ill have garage to myself.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Dum-Dum - 15-04-2015

You'll be fine mate, just take your time.

Once the lump is in everything is easy, just watch for steering rack and master cylinder clearance.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 17-04-2015

So today has consisted of pulling the engine out. Removing the pas and all components. Fitting all parts like clutch gearbox pump etc to 2.1. Test fitting the 2.1 and the turbo. Which sit in the bay lovely. Then removing engine again to stone chip the bay looks a bit better than rust. Tomorrow hoping to have it running(ish).

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - Dum-Dum - 17-04-2015

Cant wait. Wheres the pics though

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 17-04-2015

I'll get pics up in a bit when I can get on pc. Phone won't upload them all unfortunately

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 gt2052s - bashbarnard - 18-04-2015

So its in and running. I cant get pictures or videos to upload very well on my phone. I will update with said things when I'm not feeling drained after doing the car all day. Had will come over and help out welding up manifolds and generally helping me get some wiring sorted. Hopefully tomorrow it will be built back up fully with front mount and everything running. Then get to test drive Tuesday when my insurance is done. Really looking forward to it now. Smile

So relocation Mani. Ignore the wiring its temporary to get it running.