306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Eeyore - 09-12-2014

Oh it was the fronts that you needed winders for! Didnt realise it was that pov spec haha. Hope its all okay buddy!

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Dum-Dum - 09-12-2014

(08-11-2014, 07:34 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: All done. Turns out you can do an engine change rear axle change brake change front suspension and hub change all in a day. I would NOT recommend it though im knackerd ive just got back and I got to the workshop at 6.45 this morning
Thats good going in 12 hours mate.

also splitting the door cards is a mental job.

Re: RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 01:58 PM)SRowell Wrote: Oh it was the fronts that you needed winders for! Didnt realise it was that pov spec haha. Hope its all okay buddy!
Yeah poverty spec FTW less to go wrong. Gotta love the keep fit windows. The seats are comfy as now. So glad I got a decent set. Thanks Smile

Dum-dum splitting door cards isnt to bad a job to.be fair the main issue is getting them to.hold together. Que a blow torch and screwdriver. Smile

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Toms306 - 09-12-2014

Manual front windows? Damn haha, I got fed up of no one touch on the V plate HDi. lol

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Mattcheese31 - 09-12-2014

Try 5% petrol though the winter with the veg, I also stick some cetane booster in to make up for the effects of the petrol Smile

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 09-12-2014

cant get mad at manual windows. i prefer them.
anyway as for the veg thing ive stuck some petrol in this tank as i have had some tank drains in at work. no idea how its gonna react to having petrol in there. why would i need a centane booster?

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 22-12-2014

So a little update with this project. Ive finally decided to ditch the 1.9 for a 2.1 I dont like revvy diesels and piggys one has got me more than convinced that its the way to go. So ill be sourcing a car with the motor in, in the new year. Build it all up and come april (when my insurance is due) will be swapping out. Ive got a spare xud9 engine and bosch with all bits on to convert it over. So plan to have it ready to "drop in" should be good.

Apart from that its just been repairs recently. Fuel filter housing died so inline to go on. Wheel bearing, tyres, new brakes, bias valve etc. All boring bits but.need to be done. Smile

Re: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 30-12-2014

Crap update time.
I done a wheel bearing.

In other news I pick up pugmanxuds (will) toledo thus weekened for lu. And a turbo. To go on thw engine I am yet to find.

Re: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 05-01-2015

Better update time. TURBO

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 22-01-2015

Worse update today. My car has developed an almighty fuel leak from a injector leak off blank. Cant find any that veg don't kill. Leak off pipes yes. Leak off blanks just die. Fast! Any ideas??

Re: RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Seb_Ryan - 23-01-2015

(22-01-2015, 09:05 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Worse update today. My car has developed an almighty fuel leak from a injector leak off blank. Cant find any that veg don't kill. Leak off pipes yes. Leak off blanks just die. Fast! Any ideas??

Bit of leak off pipe with old bolt screwed into it lol

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 23-01-2015

That's what it has ATM. Its leaking.
Sad the leak off bungs are useless as well.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Toms306 - 23-01-2015

You could just run diesel like the fuel system was designed for... Itwasntme

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 23-01-2015

Seriously considering it as its cheap ATM and cold. But then again veg is still cheaper and the repair I just did didn't cost me anything.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Poodle - 23-01-2015

Bit of leak off with a really tight-fitting bolt lubed in with gasket sealant.

Big Grin

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - cully - 23-01-2015

find a plastic tee that fits the pipe and cut it into the return and link the last return into it

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 24-01-2015

(23-01-2015, 09:45 PM)cully Wrote: find a plastic tee that fits the pipe and cut it into the return and link the last return into it

I almost done this. Couldn't find a small enough t in the workshop. So I can a bit of leakoff pipe. Sealed it by heating it then squeezing in the vice. Works a treat. Don't know how long for though

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - DougalDT - 25-01-2015

So is this leak off pipe situation the only downside to running veg or are there others? thinking of trying it out when the other engine with the bosch pump is plumbed in

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 29-01-2015

Yeah there are issues. Starting on cold mornings. (fixed by mixing with derv) seals going. Standard fuel filter housing leaked pretty quick with me. Just put a tt filter on instead. Apart from that not really. Just have to keep on top of it. You will notice a lack of power in winter as well due to the viscosity of the veg. 10 mm fuel lines supposedly fixes this. Still havnt tried yet though.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 31-01-2015

Spoke to soon about the issues. Had lack of power yesterday my in tank filter had blocked almost solid. Cleaned it out drove to work. On way back car got slower and slower. Then stopped a mile from my house! So phoned up my old man who gave me a tow. He laughed first though. Pull the filter out blocked solid again. Tomorrows job. Drain the tank completely out. Wipe out any residue and fill with DIESEL!! Goddamit. I knew 10,000 miles was to good to be true on veg.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 01-02-2015

So yeah. That's what the strainer was like. Twice in a row. So today I emptied the fuel tank. Wiped it all out with rag. Cleaned the strainer changed the fuel filter. Filled with diesel. Now she's running a treat. Thank god.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 08-02-2015

Little update. Decided m\tdi is happening. Trying to sort some niggles out atm

But on the Brightside finally got a seatbelt kindly donated off a mate and some crystals.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - bashbarnard - 11-02-2015

So I've found a complete 2.1 running etc. Blokes willing to let me get it couriered which is awesome. Shall be put in with an 11mm pump in April on standard turbo then go from there. Smile

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - Uberderv - 11-02-2015

Its a nice engine, got one in my 406. They have a stupid Aux tensioner setup and EGR but besides that nice and smooth Smile

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - bashbarnard - 11-02-2015

Aux tensioner setup gets changed to a phase 1 setup so that's awesome Smile so looking forward to starting to build this up.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - bashbarnard - 12-02-2015

So should be picking up some nimrods off Sam tomorrow. My standard wheel bolts are 35 mm which won't be long enough with spacers. There are these on ebay http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/130879274567?nav=SEARCH
But what do they come off. Could just go down scrapyard and get them.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - bashbarnard - 13-02-2015

Just picked up some nimrods from rowell. Got there and realised I had left my cash at home. What a knob. PayPal is sometimes a life saver.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - Eeyore - 13-02-2015

Sorted mate. Got yourself sorted out for tyres now! Big Grin

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - bashbarnard - 13-02-2015

Thank god man. Mine have got a bit left in. Maybe 200 ish miles of easy driving. Got two ordered for the clones for tomorrow and got spacers and bolts ordered for the nimrods'. Clones are going on lus.

RE: Project hopefull, 2.1 on the way!! - Mattcheese31 - 13-02-2015

(09-12-2014, 07:58 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: cant get mad at manual windows. i prefer them.
anyway as for the veg thing ive stuck some petrol in this tank as i have had some tank drains in at work. no idea how its gonna react to having petrol in there. why would i need a centane booster?
petrol lowers the cetane rating, lowering power, that's what u need the booster for, and what in the world kind of veg were you running to get the filter looking like that?!!! Big Grin I've used fresh veg for years and never had a blockage.