306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Re: RE: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 28-10-2014

(28-10-2014, 06:41 PM)bradh511 Wrote: Surely if the Sedan get's written off can you not buy it back dirt cheap and break for bits or vic check then sell? it will end up on a site called copart or something simular
It will be bought back and donating its freshly rebuilt beam, good engine box and entire front suspension setup to the estate. Then break little bits if people need things. Then give the shell to a mate to scrap.

RE: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 30-10-2014

So its offically written off now. Cat c. Can no longer drive it. Pugmanxud (will) is giving us a lift to pick up an estate with a blown headgasket sunday so will get some more pics up then.

Also im keeping the car for parts. If anyone wants specific sedan parts let me know.

RE: Project sedan. prep for next year - Jimbo - 30-10-2014

Shame mate, but estates are win for practicality

Re: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 01-11-2014

And so it begins[attachment=19868] picking up the estate tomorrow morning and pullong this engine out tonight tomorrow evening

RE: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 02-11-2014

Right so after a trip out this morning and a four hour drive I have arrived home in the estate that I bought with a blown headgasket. How it made it I dont know. Just to reel of some faults so far. Indicator stalk, rheostat, massisve diesel leak, massive oil leak, massive boost leak. Headgasket dead. Cambered rear beam. Crappy interior and the wrong rear view mirror. Thankfully I have all of these on the sedan that are good.

RE: Project sedan. prep for next year - Jimbo - 02-11-2014

Sounds like its fit for scrap in the case of any normal person, the estate i.bought was scrap really if i didnt have all the parts for it

RE: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 02-11-2014

To be fair I bought it as it had mot till march and was a straight shell. Im not fussed about any running gear as I now have a cat c sedan sitting hear which all its running gear is almost new or rebuilt Smile

Re: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 03-11-2014

[attachment=19899] Soo this happened tonight. Got the motor out the sedan and in the boot of the state ready to fit at work on weekend.

Re: Project sedan. prep for next year - bashbarnard - 05-11-2014

Started to do a few need to do bits on this engine before the transplant on saturday and checked the turbo to find the ko3 seals had gone! How I hadnt spotted it. Oil level seemed fibe. Qas an accident waiting to happen. So I replaced turbo with a spare I had and removed egr valve. Just gonna do glow plugs tomorrow dinner time then ready to wack back in. [Image: 113ac2ad9b14b62ffc3e7d6f26e6442a.jpg][Image: 9fea2c830140823a21c94bc4c5a351ce.jpg] also break light switchs are a bastard job.

Re: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 07-11-2014

So as it sits at the moment. I have tomorrow from midday until im done got to do the engine swap. Brakes on front and rear axle swap. Anyone want to hazzard a guess what time ill be back tomorrow. [Image: aeddcbc9a47b6977d04d5b0fca269ebe.jpg]

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - blaze_the_6 - 07-11-2014

All the front end pictures of your motors look way less rusty than my 6 lol.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 07-11-2014

This ones not to bad to be fair. The last one I had to paint it was awfull. Stonechipped it was so bad.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Toms306 - 07-11-2014

Its because they're XUDs...the oil spraying about stops the rust. Tongue

Looks like you've got a long day tomorrow man! Sad

Re: RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 06:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its because they're XUDs...the oil spraying about stops the rust. Tongue

Looks like you've got a long day tomorrow man! Sad
They all leak oil. Its to protect the components Wink and yeah no idea how long imma be atm. Just hope to get it done.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 08-11-2014

She runs!!!! Now gotta put front end on and axle. Still a long way off finishing

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 08-11-2014

All done. Turns out you can do an engine change rear axle change brake change front suspension and hub change all in a day. I would NOT recommend it though im knackerd ive just got back and I got to the workshop at 6.45 this morning

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - zx_volcane - 08-11-2014

on your own? good god, thats a lot of work to do in one day, hats off to you sir

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Piggy - 08-11-2014

Ruddy el!! Fair play!!

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Toms306 - 08-11-2014

That was quicker than I expected! Bet you'll ache tomorrow though lol.

Yeah by myself. Im honestly knackerd. I will not be doing it again in a hurry!! Ill get some pictures up at some point of new car.

Funny part of the day was I knew the axle had gone as it was rubbing when I picked it up. Turns out the bloke had spacers on the wheels as well!!
I measured them they are 6mm spacers so if anyone can make use of them. Ill give them away.

Also didnt mention I was technically at work this morning as well so also done an mot and a set of brakes on a 308.

(08-11-2014, 07:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That was quicker than I expected! Bet you'll ache tomorrow though lol.
Quicker than I expected to man. I ache now to be honest.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Uberderv - 09-11-2014

Awesome stuff, you certainly put some graft in :-)

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 14-11-2014

Right a little update from the insurance side of things. Thought id ring to get an update on whats happening. Albany assistance have cocked up and sent the wrong ketter to the offending party's insurance meaning that I now have a 28 day waiting period to reply although this should have been done over two weeks ago!! This means im out of pocket atm which is not fair just because sone cow stuffed my car up the arse!!! Also to top things off due to the fact she has not reported it hoping I was gonna go outside of insurance it could take longer. This is not a fair system. Rant over that is all

Re: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 30-11-2014

So finally got a wash. Smile [Image: 5eabfc702afe3ab6504df5ec1428155d.jpg]

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 30-11-2014

Picked up sone half leathers leaf pattern and door cards from sam now. His wheels look epic now his polished the lip!!

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Toms306 - 30-11-2014

Number plate friends lol.... Focus ends in VEL as well. lol

Re: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 03-12-2014

Phase one centre console. [attachment=20428]

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 06-12-2014

So another boring update. It wouldn't start this morning. I ventured up north with 100% veg and went to go out in the morning. Would not go. Has brand new plugs in too. Couple of kettles of boiling water over the fuel fuel pump and lines and a jump start. I was off. Once warm it was fine so its got 10litres of derv in now. Hopefully start tomorrow now.

Any tips on 100% veg in the winter? I'd like to keep as close as I can to 100% if possible

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - blaze_the_6 - 06-12-2014

You can buy pre pump heating kits for cold starts. I would say 100%vag is ott though.

Re: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - bashbarnard - 09-12-2014

Little update. After not wanting to change to electric windows. (just another thing to go wrong) I had to get new door cards to fit. If you drill and electric window door card the winder doesnt have room to move. So instead I split the door cards into three pieces and made one. Took 1/2 for one. Got three to do.

RE: Project hopefull, hopefully this time it might get done - Piggy - 09-12-2014

Efforrrrrrt!