306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Matt-Rallye - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 01:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Wont be having problems for long. Ill sort it out like i always do and big power will be back. Fed up of 90 ponies.

Just had my Dturbo back and using it for a daily. Going from a 175bhp derv too a 90bhp derv is absolutely mind blowing lol

(12-10-2015, 01:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I never really had electrical issues on HDis either Matt (plenty of mechanical ones though lol) maybe they're just getting too old now. Confused

I was the same untill this red Dturbo! Seriously old tech now though so Bash should really start learning about it Wink

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - bashbarnard - 12-10-2015

Oh i know about it ok. That's not the issue. The issue here is i WORK with it all day so dont really like it in my home life.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - bashbarnard - 13-10-2015

On case anyone's interested. Broke down 8 times this morning.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Midnightclub - 13-10-2015

'Control unit faulty - EEPROM' Not an expert but that sounds like the ECU is indeed fubared..

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Toms306 - 13-10-2015

It shouldn't be that, there is a reason for that code, it's been there since fitting the engine.

There's nothing new in those codes from what we had before though. What was the 5th code as it says 5 but only lists 4 lol? Have you got PP yet? You're welcome to try mine again if you want.

5th is a maf code. Again unimportant.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Matt-Rallye - 13-10-2015

Just so you know, mine was communicating fine but ECU was replaced and the car fired straight up.

Im not, even for a second doubting your ability. But might be worth trying another ECU if you can get your hands on one Smile

Ots not that easy to get your hands on an unlocked ecu if im honest. I can easily try this one on cousins car though.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Matt-Rallye - 13-10-2015

You on a single plug or multi plug ECU?

Single.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 14-10-2015

Titles changed. Got the bits. f*ck the ecu. I want a ve again. Ill update this as i go. And yes ive sorted the injectors i have options to hand.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Midnightclub - 14-10-2015

Good luck mate, think you'll be one of the first to mtdi the 8v HDi - interested to see the results.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Matt-Rallye - 14-10-2015

As above Smile really gonna keep an eye on this!

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - darrenjlobb - 14-10-2015

Will dig out the photos if I remember later of the 8v I did, largely straight forwards once you sort injectors out, just bolts up tbh!

Making big power though is tricky without alot of injector research!

Well ive got all the bits. Pump was easy bit to sort injectors are a complete bitch though managed to get 3 diffrent nozzles that are all close enough for my liking.

(14-10-2015, 09:19 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Will dig out the photos if I remember later of the 8v I did, largely straight forwards once you sort injectors out, just bolts up tbh!

Making big power though is tricky without alot of injector research!

Also photos always help. Smile

Well it took me 50 mins to get to work this morning instead of the usual 20 with the cutting out so decided to leave it in the workshop and started pulling bits off i no longer need. Thinking i may put an xud wiring harness on it at some point as well. So here is a picture of the progress. Took half hour. So not a lot done. Rail off, filter off, various brackets off etc. Plan to fit injectors tomorrow as the clamps need a bit of modding if my measurement are right.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Poodle - 15-10-2015

Might be worth going over the remains of your loom while you're there bud, i've yet to come across an ecu that failed that sporadically so it's probably a wiring fault somewhere.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 15-10-2015

(15-10-2015, 06:13 AM)Poodle Wrote: Might be worth going over the remains of your loom while you're there bud, i've yet to come across an ecu that failed that sporadically so it's probably a wiring fault somewhere.

I highly doubt it is the ecu. More than likely something else. Ill strip down the loo. And take out unnecessary stuff as and when i have time.

Got my injectors through today and started measuring up, and by measuring up i quickly removed an old one to see how far out the clamp is. Its not that bad. Little mod and it will be fine. Currently have 300 tdi injectors going in.

Also why shim the pilot injection??

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 16-10-2015

So i stripped down 3 pumps today to try and get all the bits to make one good pump. Cleaned up pump casing then got to the roller cage and have to wait untill tomorrow when i strip my 4th pump for the remainder of bits.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 17-10-2015

She runs. Needs advancing more though. Will do a full big update tomorrow with video etc. Till then youll have to cope with this one crappy and tantalising picture

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Piggy - 17-10-2015

Well done chap ThumbsUp

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Poodle - 18-10-2015

You didn't muck about there, fair play mate.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 18-10-2015

I do have a small video of it running. Not well though. Needs more advance like i said. Wont start at all if i retard it a little. Thought id get away timing up like an xud. I was clearly wrong. Lol.

Small video so close now. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhxUo7eRnkE

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 18-10-2015

So after the hassle of yesterday. Sorted the pump timing out got everything back together and took her for her first drive. Drives lovely. Sounds like a smiley transit. Also really need to turn fueling down as well. Top hats leaking on the pump. Think it has a crack in maybe. Got a spare though so ill swap that out tomorrow\tuesday. You will have to bare with me on the video and picture front. Ill get there just not tonight. Im hungover and tired.

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Paul_13 - 18-10-2015

Interested in what this makes power wise

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Piggy - 18-10-2015

Well done matey. Really well done

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - Matt-Rallye - 19-10-2015

As always mate cracking determination Big Grin really awaiting the outcome of this! Fantastic combination going on here! Needs a massive VNT blower attached to it now Wink

RE: Project hopeful, M-tdi immanent - bashbarnard - 19-10-2015

Well last night we were hacking along lovely. This morning. Not so much. My top hat leak has gotton worse. Which isnt a problem but its effecting the ipp i think and im getting a bit of hassle. This forum and its members have helped a lot with this build to be fair as well. Its not just my determination matt. This entire lot from ecu to this was done for sub £150 as well. Smile

Need a question answering though. Is it possible to swap levers out with pump in situe. I thinking should be easy enough. May have to let some tension off the head though.

Also side note. It defiantly has a lot of poke. Not 2.1 territory yet but it is only a baby turbo on there.