306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Matt-Rallye - 07-10-2015

Congrats buddy Big Grin enjoy it!

HDi boostbus FTW! Tongue

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - bashbarnard - 07-10-2015

Well the plan is to run with a map to push the standard components as far as i dare while still maintaining a reasonable level of reliability then buy the new turbo. My first vnt i might add. May save for some rods. Arps in. Etc then really push her. Ive been reading up on cp3 fuel pumps at the mo as well so another future possibility. We will see when the time comes. For now once ive got a map on her ill be happy.

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Uberderv - 07-10-2015

Well done, sounds like some reet grafting has been done Smile

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Poodle - 07-10-2015

Fair play for hanging in there mate, shame the video footage has gone awol. Look forward to seeing this one progress.

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - bashbarnard - 08-10-2015

So ive had a couple of teething issues this week. 1. The barstad will not come up to temp. Turned out to be sticky thermostat. Now sorted. And the other is at very low revs she judders. Still yet to figure out. Apart from that drives lovely.

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - bashbarnard - 10-10-2015

So another small update. Still lacking pictures and or video. I will get on that. Managed to get all my gauges working today. Bar the egt. Just needs a connector on. Changed the water i had in the engine for some prestone coolant. Fitted mbc. What a bugger. Cant get boost above 1 bar. May have a leak. May not who knows. Thats for another day though. Also managed to get one of the two front arch liners back in.

Its broken. that lasted long. why did i think an ecu was a good idea

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Toms306 - 10-10-2015

What happened to it? Sad

driving along. it stopped. started again after about 5 mins. now about to go out and plug it in see what i can find. probally electrical issues.

Hmm. Confused

injector circuit malfunction. no idea where to go from here.

Checked visible injector wiring? Not rubbing/melting anywhere?

Also they need a good earth so check earth points. Did you touch any wiring/earths for the gauges?

no its dark and ive been working on it all day. why i didnt just spend the time and mtdi it. i thought the dark times were over

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Mattcheese31 - 10-10-2015

different set of probs with HDI lol . . . .keep at it mate. Smile

You've gotta expect teething problems man. It'll be something simple!

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - bashbarnard - 11-10-2015

broke down again last night. Same amount of distance from home . Waited then restarted. Gonna have a nosey this morning.

plugged in same code as before injection circuit malfunction. going to have a gander at the wires in a bit if i can be arsed.

So pulled the fpr reg out as it seems to be a super common cause of cutting out. Was dirty so gave a good clean. And i also have a diesel leak. Im betting those two together are probable cause to cutting out. Going to road-test in a bit. Decides to keep going with the ecu side of things. I should really push myself to learn it on these as i swore i would never run an ecu. Pp2000 should turn up monday to help with further issues and diagnosis i may have. Cant help bit think after 4 engines i cant stop now im in to deep. Lol.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - bashbarnard - 11-10-2015

Still does the same. Epic fail.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - 1616six - 11-10-2015

What mileage is the engine on? Changed the raccoon filter? IIRC they can cause cutting out but it's been a while since I've worked on one of these engines.

200k. What on earth is a raccoon filter?

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Seb_Ryan - 11-10-2015

I thought racoon was only on a 6?

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - 1616six - 11-10-2015

Ah possibly, as I say I've not worked on these for a while, Niall will know as I'm sure he sorted Eds out

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Niall - 11-10-2015

Racoon filter is a emissions control device. They are found on all 306s (regardless of engine) after 1994 i think it was. Generally they are fault free but VERY occasionally can play up. Ed had an issue with his GTi years ago which took him months and months to diagnose. Got to the point where he was going to replace the engine until he thankfully decided to try a new filter.

Ok where is it? Tank side of stuff i guess. Although ive never seen anything like it. And if it is would have probally cause fueling issues on the 2.1

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Poodle - 12-10-2015

They're being "funny", ignore them. Apart from possibly jj who's probably just being clueless.

Your ecu is telling you what's wrong mate, take note. If it hasn't told you it's got fuel pressure problems then you won't have fuel pressure problems, at least not ones that the ecu will stop the engine over. Check out the injector loom, it'll most likely be a ropey plug connection or a wire that's rubbed through and is shorting to earth somewhere.

Edit: what's the code number that came up? Cheap generic readers can misinterpret the codes, worth checking it's actually pointing you in the right direction.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - bashbarnard - 12-10-2015

I had though as much.........
Anyway already checked the injector wiring as well. Cant remember exact code but auto data had matched it to injection malfunction. Pug planet should be with me today though so hopefully i can get that installed and working.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Matt-Rallye - 12-10-2015

Seems to be just me that only has little problems with HDi's lol

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - bashbarnard - 12-10-2015

Wont be having problems for long. Ill sort it out like i always do and big power will be back. Fed up of 90 ponies.

RE: Project hopeful, pushing on regardless - Toms306 - 12-10-2015

I never really had electrical issues on HDis either Matt (plenty of mechanical ones though lol) maybe they're just getting too old now. Confused