306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopeful, a worrying new era. - bashbarnard - 28-09-2015

Ah its fine. Changing the interior loom is more work than a few wires.

RE: Project hopeful, a worrying new era. - bashbarnard - 29-09-2015

So ive got the engine out today and measured things up the turbo does not look like itll fit down the back. Could box mount it but dont have the time or money at the mo. So its going stage two. For now. Ill save a little more then give this car what it really deserves. Ive had several set backs in this build but it wont stop me. Ive got so much love for this car and have come really close to jacking it in recently but i cant bring myself to do it. Stage 2 for ease and monetry reasons. For now.............

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Matt-Rallye - 29-09-2015

Just stage 2 and enjoy it for now mate Smile mahoosive turbo plans didnt happen overnight on your 2.1 so just get it on the road for now then plan out exactly what your gonna do, amass parts and moolah then set about it when the time feels right Big Grin

Besides frostys this is the only estate i take an interest in so dont let me down now boyo Wink

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Paul_13 - 29-09-2015

Trust me you'll be happy with a stage 2 with the 1800 bar sensor and r70 pump! Doing itself proud in Cornwall!
For those who know it the road up from hemmick beach. Just slipped it into 2nd steady low throttle and it just pulled up the hill like a train.

Pretty impressive when you stick your foot down wanting some speed, keeps going and going

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Piggy - 29-09-2015

Stg2 is guna be not far off what power you had before tbh bud.
Good learning curve to map your own stg1.. Then 2 then 3+ Wink

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 29-09-2015

Exactly what im thinking as well. Will be interesting.

Quick update for everyone else. Today the engine has had new cambelt. All the crap i dont need removed. Pas, air rollers etc, gti6 flywheel cg clutch, hdi box converted over still got a few more bits i need to do but im getting there. Slowly. Hopefully tomorrow i can get my lower mount pressed in, egr welded up with the egt gauge in. I will have this running by sunday. Maybe. Depends on a few people helping out.

Do people think its worth putting the arps in right away? I cant get the spacers required machined for a couple of weeks thats all.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Midnightclub - 29-09-2015

I can't see a relatively stock HDi engine needing ARP's personally, even the S3 ones that have been about haven't used ARP's.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Ruan - 29-09-2015

IMHO if it means taking out and doing one by one at a later date, I'd rather just do it properly from day one - IF you've got the time, if you're rushing to get the car back, then it's understandable and I'd do it...

But seen as you have the option, I'd rather for peace of mind that it's only going together once.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Poodle - 30-09-2015

Hmmm, i'd do it when you go stage 3 myself, would want to have the head off and check it all over after running stage 2 for a while anyway. But then i am a bit paranoid about the head lol. I'm alsp assuming you weren't planning on doing hg this time around, if you are then might as well put the arps in while you're there. Not sure i'd bother with the dv6 frps, the more i learn the more it seems a bit pointless, bang for buck it's certainly pretty far down the list.

Don't jack it in! Stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 30-09-2015

Already got the pressure reg. Lol. No im not doing the headgasket this time round. Im doubtful it will lift the head. Ill concentrate on her running first then i can use the car to drive to my mates machine shop. Smile

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Toms306 - 30-09-2015

I haven't heard of head lift issues with S2's tbh, wouldn't bother with the ARPs yet myself. Smile

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Poodle - 01-10-2015

Pressure reg or sensor? It's the sensor you want. I'd be inclined to leave the studs for now in that case, saves risking the hg seal. As you say, it's unlikely to give you problems.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 01-10-2015

Rail sensor sorry. Ill keep the studs packed up ready for the next stage then.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 01-10-2015

finally tomorrow. the day before im due to throw all of it together. i SHOULD have all the parts required to get this running. its all insured so can drive right away.

also on a side note. ive drained my tank out of veg. then wiped out pretty much everything i can get to in the tank. still a very little amount in there. you think if i just load it up with a full tank of derv ill be ok

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Piggy - 02-10-2015

Stick a litre or so of petrol in there to rinse ThumbsUp

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 02-10-2015

Good idea actually.

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Matt-Rallye - 02-10-2015

While your there might aswell brim the tank with petrol....

Then pop an XU10J4RS motor up front Wink

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 02-10-2015

Its an estate daily. Not a race car. Lol. All about the derv for this project. Had my new exhaust turn up today. Bought a shiny new cat. To knock the centre out. Lol

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Uberderv - 02-10-2015

The tank will be fine mate Smile

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 03-10-2015

My car has a face!!!

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 04-10-2015

So although my car had a face there was still loads to do today and still have work to do but were getting there. Spent basically all day wiring up the hdi ecu side of things with some help

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - Matt-Rallye - 05-10-2015

Nice! how come your not doing this at work though?

So is it a runner yet? Smile and if not... whats left to do?

RE: Project hopeful, so close to scrap. - bashbarnard - 05-10-2015

Lost latest video update due to epic laptop failure which is a shame.

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - bashbarnard - 06-10-2015

So on saturdaywe had the hdi engine out again to fit the turbo and the pipe down the back while the engine was o the end of the day we had the entire engine all ready to be wired up along with the front mount routing done as well. Sunday we spent all day wiring with a lot of coffe energy drink, cake,curry and various other things and got it running andd took it for its maiden voyage. where we made it 50 yards and ran out of fuel. so we picked up another jerry can of fuel and off we went. paddle clutch took some getting used to

I have driven the car to work for the past two days without issue on the standard map which will run things like the paddle clutch in and i hope to iron out some minor issues with her as well. she is far from complete. still have arch liners to go in. wiring to tidy, front mount install to tidy, boost,egt,oil temp gauges to sort. but she does run.

would also like to add we had a lifter stuck when we started it up which almost immediately sorted itself. have everything working including the obd port in the car.

the wiring most things were in place it was just a matter of checking EVERYTHING so it didnt blow the ecu. then realising that it was just one wire that needed to be givin an ignition live to run. A MASSIVE thankyou for those who have came to help. messaged me advice and just generally kept my spirits up when i thought i was going to scrap her, and yes it did come that close. really really close. im glad its done and will be taking a few days off this just relax as ive been non stop. then it will be get a good map sorted and push the standard components into submission so we can sort a few upgrades. its a shame i lost ALL of the footage i had for doing this but hey ho.

Im hoping that this will be the first of many hdi conversions now as the wiring really isnt that bad.........

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - zx_volcane - 06-10-2015

excellent news, good work bashy

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Paul_13 - 06-10-2015

Good news Smile

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - bashbarnard - 06-10-2015

Not just me. I think i would've scrapped it without everyone else. All worth it when you turn the key and it works. Really happy.

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Redordead89 - 07-10-2015

:-) nice one!

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - highwayman306 - 07-10-2015

Good work Bash, you pulled through! ....

How long before you stage 3 it Big Grin

RE: Project hopeful, it RUNS - Piggy - 07-10-2015

Good work ThumbsUp