306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - bashbarnard - 04-09-2015

Ill take it to the machine shop and tell them to check\skim. They will know whats best and i trust the guy.

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - bashbarnard - 08-09-2015

so the heads coming off thursday night now. until then enjoy my choo chooing. i know its bad but it sounds so good!!
https://youtu.be/zncJx-Bqb7c

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - bashbarnard - 10-09-2015

Engines out. Heads at the engine builders to have checked and done whatever needs doing to it. Hoping not to much. Heres a pic of my poorly looking motor.

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - Matt - 10-09-2015

That sound is so awesome! Haha

Looks how mine did for a while! Good to see its getting sorted though Smile

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - procta - 10-09-2015

bash that is needs a phase 1 conversion!

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - Piggy - 11-09-2015

Good effort lad ThumbsUp

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - Matt-Rallye - 11-09-2015

Top bombing bash Big Grin Estimated time till completion?

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - zx_volcane - 11-09-2015

The old in and out as it were, nice and quick

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - bashbarnard - 11-09-2015

Yeah i seem to make a habit of this. I get a day or so break. Driving round courtesy punto at work. Waiting to here back about my head today then i can give estimated time of completion. Finish building another fuel pump today and maybe start on the clutch. We will see.

So. Its not looking good. The head is screwed. Can be fixed but cant find the parts. Basically whats happened is the precups have cracked\expanded so much its caused the head to crack round them and warp the head. Thankfully i can get new oversize pre cups. But heres where the issues start arising. cant get the parts. I wont be putting a second hand head on for sure. But i can 100% say this car will live again. I just dont have a time at the mo.

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. EMERGENCY REPAIRS - zx_volcane - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:00 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So. Its not looking good. The head is screwed. Can be fixed but cant find the parts. Basically whats happened is the precups have cracked\expanded so much its caused the head to crack round them and warp the head. Thankfully i can get new oversize pre cups. But heres where the issues start arising. cant get the parts. I wont be putting a second hand head on for sure. But i can 100% say this car will live again. I just dont have a time at the mo.

sounds worryingly final :/

Hdi time? Build some epic stage 3.75 Beast?

It is worryingly final. I wont be beaten though dont worry. More power is coming. I promise, its just gonna have a two week break while i go on holiday a try to drown my sorrows. Piggys offered me a spare head that needs precups in. So id be in the same position. Ill have a look tonight on what i can find.

Bigger is better, radge a 2.2hdi into it and wang a mahoosive VNT blower on it.

Maybe. Maybe just a hdi. M-tdi ftw right? Need an engine. Lol. We will see i just want to get home from work. Sit down and have a look online tonight.

(11-09-2015, 03:03 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Maybe. Maybe just a hdi. M-tdi ftw right? Need an engine. Lol. We will see i just want to get home from work. Sit down and have a look online tonight.

Zakks gonna be breaking up his 2.2 coupe v soon Wink and it wont be sold with the R70 pump thats on it as we have other plans for that so ideal chance to grab a cheap engine and M-tdi it?

Ohhhh tempting. Maybe.

So its dead. Spoken to several people. Including insurance tonight. I can swap engine for free to another one. This wont be the end. Expect epic updates shortly. I have a plan to keep my power rolling!!!

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - Matt-Rallye - 11-09-2015

2.2hdi or GTFO Wink

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - bashbarnard - 11-09-2015

i dont think i have the time or energy to show horn one in to be fair

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - zx_volcane - 11-09-2015

why not source another head and get it on and running? at least would get it running, and be a complete engine if you decide to swap it out

the hard part is done already, takes no time to stick another head back on Wink

ill be honest. ive ran out of time and energy recently. ive been there now. ive successfully killed it. i wouldnt want to bolt a second hand head on to have to do it again. dont despair though im not going anywhere just yet. bigger boost and bigger power will come. ive got my holiday coming up and just want a break to be fair

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - shervo - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 06:51 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: ill be honest. ive ran out of time and energy recently. ive been there now. ive successfully killed it. i wouldnt want to bolt a second hand head on to have to do it again. dont despair though im not going anywhere just yet. nigger boost and bigger power will come. ive got my holiday coming up and just want a break to be fair
Think there might be a slight spelling mistake in there, I'm sure you meant bigger boost haha

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - Uberderv - 11-09-2015

Bummer, enjoy your hols mate and come back with some crazy plans Smile

sorry about that post. genuine spelling mistake typo. failing at everything today

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - Mattcheese31 - 11-09-2015

Is it not head lift that's caused the issues though? Put another head on, ARPs from the start this time, be alright then do you not think? Smile

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - bashbarnard - 12-09-2015

Turns out no it wasnt the head lift as i suspected. It ws the fact the precups cracked expanded and cracked the head round them as well. It is repairable. Just cant get parts. Piggy did offer me a spare head. That has cracked pre cups. Id worry it would happen again to be fair.

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - ozonehostile - 12-09-2015

Man the pre cups on these engines are weak!

Ever thought about getting an xud9 head to fit? In theory it should fit with some small modifications, the 12v head just seems to be more hassle than it's worth and from what I've seen offeres little gain over the 8v head

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - bashbarnard - 12-09-2015

so this was the hassle i went through to get the head off in an evening. to be honest i sound pretty pissed off in the vid. I Was. had a bad day at work and had a proper cba evening which is really unlike me. thought id film it as its easier to show you guys and i stole the idea from piggy as to be honest i like watching his updates far more than i like reading about them. things have been put into motion to keep this on the road now. will update i due course when i actually have something worth updating on here again. we will get there though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSaklTEZt2s&feature=youtu.be

RE: Project hopeful, 2.1. DEAD :( - procta - 12-09-2015

its a shame bash, that this has been trouble some, some convertions are some are not, At least you have built a 2.1 powered 306 and had some enjoyment out of it, Sometimes you do have to say enough is enough, if things are starting to be more of a hassle than its worth. I nearly chucked my project in a few times as i had the 1st engine die on me, and with the shite info, it got to the point where, the car started to be a money pit and i wasnt getting anything out of it. Only so much you can pull a car part, then things start to break and you get very pissed off.
At least you are going to keep the 306 on the road, if this engine that is mine starts to fail, which i think the oil stem seals are away, i to think do i sort that, or do i just bail out now, and sell the car as a rolling shell, to a racing driver.