306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! (/showthread.php?tid=21921)

Pages: 1 2

Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - laurence_13 - 05-03-2014

About time I got a project thread up really but I've been enjoying it too much... Was on the look out for a dturbo or 3 door xs for a while, and went to look at a couple but none really caught my attention. Got back from an 8 hour round trip to go see an XS and coming back nearly empty handed... I picked up some winter/tempory wheels instead, so it wasnt an entirely wasted journey, but a long way for some wheels!  Logged on to the forum and had a quick look at the for sales and saw this, fairly local (1.5 hours away) and within my price range, so I thought I'd go and have a look Smile

Everything looked alright and the bodywork although it has a few marks and dings is extremely tidy for the age of the car... anyway - heres some pictures..

[Image: IMG_31491_zpse8653c20.jpg]
[Image: IMG_31501_zpsea4aeb2d.jpg]
[Image: 2b0bf1dc-2b17-4d6b-bf82-215bb1dcadb9_zpsd8aa2477.jpg]
[Image: IMG_31521_zps835fa3c5.jpg]

Progress will be slow as I'm a bit skint most of the time, but on my plans are -

Short term -
Space wheels (got the spacers just need bolts)
Fit boost gauge
Play with fuelling and boost (On lucas pump so I'm fairly limited)
Refurb Speedlines.
Get some trim black stuff.

Longer term -
Bosch Pump
Bigger/better turbo
FMIC
Disc beam on the rear
Might go a bit lower, but its a daily so I probably wont
Different interior... maybe gti6
Upgrade sound system
Better coilovers + shocks than TA
Then who knows!

[Image: IMG_31541_zps2cdd9302.jpg]

Picked up a wheel bearing kit, haynes manual and a boost gauge today... hopefully get them fitted some time over the weekend Smile

Laurence

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - ADV_93 - 05-03-2014

Nice car mate! Mine's the same, but with cyclones! #TeamSigma

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Mattcheese31 - 05-03-2014

looks a sweet base to start from . .nice one . .Smile

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Tom - 05-03-2014

Is that the one Brad was selling? Looks bloody clean tbf!

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - laurence_13 - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 02:54 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Nice car mate! Mine's the same, but with cyclones! #TeamSigma

Sweet! they look good actually - haven't taken any notice of them on ph1's before.

(05-03-2014, 02:55 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: looks a sweet base to start from . .nice one . .Smile

Thanks Smile That's what was putting me off doing anything to my ph3, the shell's just too beaten about... was good for a run around though

(05-03-2014, 03:02 PM)Tom Wrote: Is that the one Brad was selling? Looks bloody clean tbf!

Thats the one yep Big Grin

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Piggy - 05-03-2014

Its proper tidy that.
Refurb them alloys and get some dent removal tools and it'll be mint.

Love it

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - laurence_13 - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 04:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: Its proper tidy that.
Refurb them alloys and get some dent removal tools and it'll be mint.

Love it

Cheers Smile Yeah they're first on the list after the wheel bearing... There's 2 or 3 dents in it, and they're all under 50p size and pretty shallow. They're not really noticeable until the lights on them, and even then mots people would probably overlook them Smile

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - RetroPug - 05-03-2014

Very nice, wheels suit it very well and the interior looks to be in nice condition!

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - small update - laurence_13 - 10-04-2014

(05-03-2014, 05:34 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Very nice, wheels suit it very well and the interior looks to be in nice condition!

Cheers mate! Smile

Small update - Picked up a Bosch pump, lines, injectors and mounting plate thing this evening... So hoping to get that done in the not too distant future, and do the cambelt at the same time, if anybody fancies lending a hand Smile Going to get the pump etc bench tested before I fit it just to make sure it's all in good working order and potentially saving more work in the longrun..

Turbos - Looked at a few options, pretty sure its the KKK on there at the moment.. and I'm looking to upgrade that a bit - I dont want to go mental just yet as I cant afford to pop the engine really, I know no boost is safe boost but I'll stay within the 'safest' limits for the moment... What would you lot recommend? Will the KKK be alright with the bosch or am I better off going garrett?

cheers, Laurence

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - mcvite - 11-04-2014

Nice looking phase 1 you have purchased there ThumbsUp

New car - Sigma ph1 DT - devils_fuel - 11-04-2014

Nice car mate, tidy

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - laurence_13 - 26-09-2014

Small update - Done the cambelt and fanbelt, cambelt didn't really need doing but better safe than sorry.

Then thought it'd be rude not to have a play with the lucas pump thats on there, so we now have smoke and a bit more poke. Didn't fit the bosch one in the end, I want to get it benchtested before I fit it - just to make sure it does actually work.

Hopefully picking up a TD04 with oil lines and adapter plate in the next couple of weeks. Need a better boost gauge as well the one I have's only a cheap one and the needle vibrates and makes an annoying noise, so if anyone has a digital one/better one about - let me know!

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - ADV_93 - 26-09-2014

You can squeeze good torque from a lucas and a stock turbo, but it involves winding the pump and turbo to max!

Well worth Bosch + TD04 mate. Recently done mine and they go surprisingly well! Have a look at my project thread mate, there should be some tips on there if you need any Smile All the best with it!

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - laurence_13 - 26-09-2014

(26-09-2014, 06:46 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: You can squeeze good torque from a lucas and a stock turbo, but it involves winding the pump and turbo to max!

Well worth Bosch + TD04 mate. Recently done mine and they go surprisingly well! Have a look at my project thread mate, there should be some tips on there if you need any Smile All the best with it!

I'll have a look at yours - cheers! it'll be slow progress on mine I'm afraid.. Don't earn enough to do it too quickly haha.

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - af1 - 28-09-2014

I do really like a phase 1, this looks well

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - mr_fish - 29-09-2014

(26-09-2014, 06:13 PM)laurence_13 Wrote: Need a better boost gauge as well the one I have's only a cheap one and the needle vibrates and makes an annoying noise, so if anyone has a digital one/better one about - let me know!

You don't want a digital one, too slow to react I've found.

The needle vibrating is because you need a reducer in the line.

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Piggy - 29-09-2014

A reducer!?

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Mattcheese31 - 29-09-2014

Otherwise known as a slimline fag filter lol

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Piggy - 29-09-2014

Haha...thats interesting. I got the bouncing needle on my EMP gauge..hmm

I dont smoke though

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - Mattcheese31 - 29-09-2014

(29-09-2014, 11:23 AM)Piggy Wrote: Haha...thats interesting. I got the bouncing needle on my EMP gauge..hmm

I dont smoke though

I'll post you one, tenner delivered Itwasntme Lol

RE: New car - Sigma ph1 DT - mr_fish - 29-09-2014

(29-09-2014, 11:04 AM)Piggy Wrote: A reducer!?

Not sure what else you could call it, I have (approx) 4mm pipe feeding a boost gauge on another project and the needle was bouncing and rattling quite annoyingly, overlooked the T piece that came with it but the take off on the t piece was minuscule compared to the 2 sides that it would tap into. Anyways, plumbed that in and quietened the gauge down and stopped the bouncing. I beleive Frosty and Mikey had the same issues but bought some filter/reducer things.

My XUD has tiny nylon pipe feeding the gauge so that doesn't rattle at all.

As for your EMP gauge mine did the same, ended up fitting a glycerine one.

phase 1... 12 months MOT.. New wheels wanted! - laurence_13 - 21-01-2015

Well... Good news and bad! She passed her MOT yesterday no advisorys. Beam mounts were a bitch to do all rusted up, but if anybody wants some to turn into solid they're more than welcome to these for the cost of postage!

Got the boost gauge sorted in the end, fag filter did the job Smile

Bad news.. Met some black ice thismorning, and introduced her to a bridge embankment sideways, knocked the tracking out, damaged two rims and dropped the bumper a bit. So I'm seeing this as the ideal time to treat her to some new rims. If anybody's got any for sale, I'll consider most things... Fancy a change from the speedlines and not to keen on cyclones. Has anybody ever put the pepper pot speed lines on a phase 1?

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - Jimbo - 21-01-2015

I have seen them fitted, and they look tiny
Lazers suit a ph1 well mind
Cyclones are always a winner never look bad, i dunno why people hate them so much

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - laurence_13 - 21-01-2015

Yeah that'd make sense... I don't hate cyclones, I do quite like them to be honest. Think I'll probably keep an eye out for another set of speed lines to refurb.

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - 7057sam - 21-01-2015

Glad to see you ok

Personally think the speedline in the first photo looked epic.

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - RetroPug - 22-01-2015

I'd like a ph.1 diesel like this!

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - Orta - 22-01-2015

Keep the speed lines mate. They're the right choice on a phase 1 every time

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - laurence_13 - 22-01-2015

Cheers chaps, going to order some paint stripper tomorrow and make a start on the two undamaged wheels... Got some of the smr speed lines to fill the gaps of the two damaged good ones, so if anyone see's any of the lighter ones about let me know!

Next job when the summer overtime kicks in... More tools, fmic and a nice new turbo. ? oh... And the Bosch pump I still haven't fitted.

Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - todd1983 - 22-01-2015

Seeing this on the speedlines has made me glad I swapped my wheels, looks great. How much is it lowered by?

RE: Phase 1.. Good news and bad! - laurence_13 - 22-01-2015

Thanks mate Smile urm... Ta coilovers on the front as low as possible with helper springs still in, and the beam was already done by krisb when I got it... So I cheated a bit Wink

Edit - old pics so coilovers are not as low as possible, about an inch off being as low as possible there. Sorry if that's not much help!