306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH (/showthread.php?tid=20559)

Pages: 1 2

HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - andyyy - 18-01-2014

Iv just rebuilt the head on my bosch fuel pump and it wont pull any fuel through ;( and im stuck at my work with no way home till i can get it to run !

so iv taken the stop solenoid out and fuels getting to it , and iv remove the spring and other part and replaced and still no fuel is coming to the injector pipes iv cracked them off at the pump

any ideas

thanks

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Tom - 18-01-2014

I've literally just done exactly this, rebuild it again and put it back on and it still wasnt having it. I ended up throwing in the towel. I dont have a clue whats wrong with it.

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - andyyy - 18-01-2014

(18-01-2014, 07:07 PM)Tom Wrote: I've literally just done exactly this, rebuild it again and put it back on and it still wasnt having it. I ended up throwing in the towel. I dont have a clue whats wrong with it.

hmm Not good, I notice you have a 205 too (looks in better nic than mine)

What did you do to get the car going again ?

Gave it to Darren to sort before i put a hammer through it. He will let me know what was wrong when he has a look at it.

(18-01-2014, 07:32 PM)Tom Wrote: Gave it to Darren to sort before i put a hammer through it. He will let me know what was wrong when he has a look at it.

Okayy would be interest ed in knowing what was wrong with yours

Also spoke to my old man and he recons " the internal timing has been effected, which is causing the pump to fire at the wrong time, which is making it fire internally " which kinda makes sense cause there is a lot of pressure when the fuel solenoid is removed is a squirt of fuel comes out

Any one know anything about this?

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Jenkosowls - 18-01-2014

Cam plate out 180 on the rollers

(18-01-2014, 10:02 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Cam plate out 180 on the rollers

Sorry don't understand what is camplate and rollers lol Confused

First diesel car

How do I fix it ?

You rebuild the pump but you dont know what the camplate or rollers are? You are in the shit :/

Edit, that was a very unhelpful answer let me ellaborate. The camplate is the round lumpy bit in the middle of the pump that sits on top of the roller cage that holds the rollers. Theres a spring that goes in there aswell. On the back of the camplate where the spacer sits is a little tab that locates the distributor head on the camplate, if this little tab isnt in line with the keyway on the driveshaft of the pump, the timing of the pump will be out, so you may of timed it up right on the cambelt, but the timing inside the pump will be off which = engine no runny. Hope that helps.

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Dave - 19-01-2014

Do the injectors actually pop off? Do you get white smoke out the back when you crank?

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - andyyy - 19-01-2014

If its in the middle would I even of touched it I only had the head off the pump ?

(19-01-2014, 07:18 AM)Dave Wrote: Do the injectors actually pop off? Do you get white smoke out the back when you crank?

?no white smoke and iv cracked the injector lines off at the pump and no fuel what so ever is coming out

Could someone show me a pic of the camplate please

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - martyn92 - 19-01-2014

Basically you haven't rebuilt the entire pump just the top part of it?

Yeah just had the part where the injectors bolt to it off and the two little bits on the side resealed and put back together

(18-01-2014, 11:25 PM)Tom Wrote: You rebuild the pump but you dont know what the camplate or rollers are? You are in the shit :/

Edit, that was a very unhelpful answer let me ellaborate. The camplate is the round lumpy bit in the middle of the pump that sits on top of the roller cage that holds the rollers. Theres a spring that goes in there aswell. On the back of the camplate where the spacer sits is a little tab that locates the distributor head on the camplate, if this little tab isnt in line with the keyway on the driveshaft of the pump, the timing of the pump will be out, so you may of timed it up right on the cambelt, but the timing inside the pump will be off which = engine no runny. Hope that helps.

Okay so how do I time it up right ?

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Tom - 19-01-2014

You have to make sure the tab on the camplate is inline with the keyway on the main/drive shaft.

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Teddy - 19-01-2014

cam plate
[Image: 8212_631619700233204_1871881776_n_zps21f80693.jpg]

I don't recognise it don't think I touched that tbh

(19-01-2014, 05:00 PM)Tom Wrote: You have to make sure the tab on the camplate is inline with the keyway on the main/drive shaft.

Okay the photo is as far as iv had the pump apart
Would I of affected the cam plate ?
[Image: internal.jpg]

No, the camplate is under that assembly there. I dont know what you've done there.

The bit the springs are on in the photo turned abit so I turned it back the right way and the pins that go through the springs came out with the head then fell out so I used some grease to hold them in when I put it back together any of that cause it not to pump fuel ?

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Teddy - 19-01-2014

u have took head off the pump with out taking the govner leaver off

(19-01-2014, 05:45 PM)Teddy Wrote: u have took head off the pump with out taking the govner leaver off

I followed this guide http://www.eastment.net/boschpump8.htm It didnt say anytrhing about taking the govner leaver off so i didnt :S

would this pump replace the one i have on my car http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-1-9-XUD-TURBO-BOSCH-INJECTOR-PUMP-AND-PIPES-IDEAL-FOR-USE-WITH-VEGOIL-/141163348805?&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&maxbid=70&autorefresh=true

Mine looks Very similar but no blue plugs and only 1 wire runs to the solenoid I can get a photo up if it helps

Yeah you only need 12v to the solenoid for it to run.

So that pump on eBay will work ?

Yeah but if you look in the parts for sale section that pump has came up and apparently the seller wants 135 quid for it, which is steep.

Yeah iv got enough posts now Smile I'll have a look , I'll put a bid down anyway can't hurt !

I think half the forum is or was bidding on it tbh, i did but i dont need it just hoping it would go cheap lol

Lol always handy to have a spare i guess Well if you or anyone on hear wants to sell one please let me know

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Dave - 20-01-2014

(19-01-2014, 05:14 PM)andyyy Wrote: I don't recognise it don't think I touched that tbh

(19-01-2014, 05:00 PM)Tom Wrote: You have to make sure the tab on the camplate is inline with the keyway on the main/drive shaft.

Okay the photo is as far as iv had the pump apart
Would I of affected the cam plate ?
[Image: internal.jpg]

You only had it apart this far? Surely you had the plunger out otherwise you would have just slid the larger HP chamber over the smaller plunger.

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - andyyy - 20-01-2014

Yeah I only had it apart that far as I said I followed this guide almost exactly : http://www.eastment.net/boschpump8.htm

RE: HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH - Dave - 20-01-2014

Your issue is probably due to a smaller plunger in the head, you need to change them both as a pair not just the head itself but the parts that go into it from inside the pump too, upto the Camplate.