306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Cutting Bump Stops? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Suspension, Transmission, Handling & Braking (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Cutting Bump Stops? (/showthread.php?tid=20006)

Cutting Bump Stops? - KrisCampbell - 31-12-2013

I was wondering if anyone on here knew what Mr MOT man would think if I cut my bump stops down a bit? I was told that it makes for a smoother ride, as mines quite bumpy currently cus she's down 2 nicks at the back and shortened shocks.

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - underground375 - 31-12-2013

Just abit of rubber, wouldn't think it would be a problem.

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - welshpug - 31-12-2013

it wont give a smoother ride, it'll be harder as it will just stop dead as it hits the stop rather than progressively slow down.

if you want a smoother ride don't have it at a stupid ride height.

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - Paul_13 - 31-12-2013

Amen!

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - KrisCampbell - 01-01-2014

Well it's already sittin on the stop so I don't think it'd make too much of an issue. Wink and you see, if she's not decked, she's not felt.

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - silverzx - 01-01-2014

Mine just passed with NO bump stops, it's not a failure just an advisory. If they tell you otherwise they're having you off.

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - Piggy - 01-01-2014

And when she felt....she looks crap lol

There we go, the answer I was lookin. Wink all a matter of opinion. :p

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - Piggy - 01-01-2014

and a matter of handling...thus safety...think it should fail if theres no ride height left imho

even seen a car going over a fast hump, go coilbound, or beam bound as it could be on the rear of these...then shoot off into the nearest tree??

It can pass MOT at the height it is, I know a couple of guys who've went through how it is. Never seen or even heard of that happen with guys I know. Even a guy I know who went 3 nicks, never had that happen.

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - Toms306 - 01-01-2014

You cant get any speed up with that sort of ride height so it wont be a problem. Wink

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - welshpug - 01-01-2014

as above, lol.

As Tom said. Wink I never bought her for speed, bought her for getting me from A to B. And that she does! At almost 170,000 miles, she wouldnt exactly be a prime candidate for speed either. :p

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - welshpug - 01-01-2014

bollocks.

Miles of pugracing's 285k Miler

[Image: 20100425_6594.jpg]

Well the most I'd be looking out of mine is a stage one remap, just for that extra power for getting round the McDonalds drive thru faster. Wink

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - Toms306 - 01-01-2014

You haven't even stage 1'd it yet? Oh dear, in that case there's definitely not gonna be any speed issues! Big Grin

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - E_KEL95 - 01-01-2014

Cut bumpstops are MOT failure an youd needa watch mines was 2 nicks last year and failed cause she was on them, but some get away with it some dont, throw her down another an then youll know a bouncy ride lol

Nope, she's bog standard engine wise, takes so long to get my 99p double cheeseburger. Sad still contemplating whether or not to do it, have a spare set of stops if I needed...there's MOT centres over here that are known for being easy to pass in...see what happens!

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - E_KEL95 - 01-01-2014

Aye try your luck lad some are easier than others, mines was literally about a mil from the bumpstop an he failed me, but just raised her up this time round saves a retest fee

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - dturbodave - 05-01-2014

Kris your yoke isnt even low youd need tl put bigger bumpstops in for them to be any use at all

RE: Cutting Bump Stops? - KrisCampbell - 07-01-2014

Says the one. Wink took me a minute to realise what gimp that was driving the felt spec HDI with the stupid sticker on the back window, then I realised theres only one person stupid enough. HAARRRRRIIIIISSSS!