306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
amp power cable route - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Electrics (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: amp power cable route (/showthread.php?tid=1928)

amp power cable route - dec-66 - 02-03-2012

where the best place to route the amp power cable through the bulkhead ???

do i need to drill a hole ???

Re: amp power cable route - springs - 02-03-2012

if you don't have aircon then you can drill a hole behind the top glove box.

there is a couple of grommets that you might be able to find

amp power cable route - Matt - 02-03-2012

I drilled a hole down the bottom, pull back the carpets, trim the sound deadening, and there is a heater matrix pipe there, I drilled just to the left of the pipe

Re: amp power cable route - Jacko - 02-03-2012

I was going to ask this too, mine is running through the door atm..

When I removed my engine i removed my aircon, and the pipes went through the bulkhead in a square grommet. I poked a long rod into the grommet/void and could hear tapping. I looked in the passenger footwell and look behind the fan motor to find a black box coming from the bulkhead and could gather that this was a 'trunking' of some sort?

Could someone back me up on this theory? As I dont want to go drilling a hole there and the drilling through something important!

Re: amp power cable route - Niall - 03-03-2012

Mine runs under the car in cable armour. There's loads of grommets in the boot to run it through and cable armour is only 4 quid for 10m from screwfix. Job done!

Re: amp power cable route - spawn - 03-03-2012

Splendid idea!!!

Re: amp power cable route - cully - 03-03-2012

under the car FTW!

Re: amp power cable route - TheGateKeeper - 04-03-2012

Neil Wrote:Mine runs under the car in cable armour. There's loads of grommets in the boot to run it through and cable armour is only 4 quid for 10m from screwfix. Job done!

Linky?

Re: amp power cable route - Niall - 04-03-2012

http://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-corruga ... -10m/50443

Re: amp power cable route - Eeyore - 04-03-2012

I still think that running it under the car is incredibly pikey :/

Re: amp power cable route - samass - 04-03-2012

SRowell Wrote:I still think that running it under the car is incredibly pikey :/
how so?

SRowell Wrote:I still think that running it under the car is incredibly pikey :/

What like all the cabling that Peugeot ran under there. There's less chance of it chafing on sharp body parts, less chance of it snagging and less chance of it interfearing with your RCA leads. And it's easier to install! Win!

Re: amp power cable route - cully - 04-03-2012

samass Wrote:
how so?

cause he didnt think of it Wink

Think it's only something that clever people would come up with cully! Lol

Re: amp power cable route - Eeyore - 05-03-2012

cully Wrote:

Pretty much. Im sure its fine in reality but every time i look around when im driving in liverpool there are tv cables running across roofs and into windows for tvs and i just think that cant be good! lol

amp power cable route - TheGateKeeper - 05-03-2012

Neil Wrote:http://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-corrugated-conduit-black-20mm-x-10m/50443

Cheers Niall Smile

Re: amp power cable route - WiNgNuTz - 05-03-2012

Why did i never have that idea!?!? Fair play to you sir, although i just found a rubber grommet to poke a hole through, then ran the power down the drivers side of the car, RCA and remote run down passenger side. Big Grin

amp power cable route - Jonny b - 05-03-2012

SRowell Wrote:
cully Wrote:

Pretty much. Im sure its fine in reality but every time i look around when im driving in liverpool there are tv cables running across roofs and into windows for tvs and i just think that cant be good! lol

Fuel lines are under there so why not

Re: amp power cable route - 4WayDiablo - 05-03-2012

How you attaching it to the underside?

Re: amp power cable route - Eeyore - 05-03-2012

4WayDiablo Wrote:How you attaching it to the underside?

Gotta be cable ties... gotta keep with the pug spirit surely? lol

Re: amp power cable route - Niall - 05-03-2012

Cable ties to the original wiring mounts FTW! It's a bit of a PITA keeping it out of the way of the ARB but cable ties help!

Re: amp power cable route - 4WayDiablo - 05-03-2012

sweet, might go for this idea, as im lazy lol

Re: amp power cable route - cully - 06-03-2012

cable tied mine to the brake pipe lines

Re: amp power cable route - devils_fuel - 24-03-2012

I had thought of under the car but didn't do anything about it as I've not got a jack to look under under the car for routing so just dispelled it...cheers fellas :thumbup: