306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Remapping the Fiesta.... - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Remapping the Fiesta.... (/showthread.php?tid=180)

Remapping the Fiesta.... - Craig-o - 06-12-2011

Right, posted it up in this section as there is no "other marques" section at the mo.

I will firstly begin with the fact that I am not looking to make it any faster, so no need for everyone to jump on the bandwagon and shout about how pointless trying to get power out of it is . The reason I'm asking is that the word is your fuel economy also rises when remapped (sensible map of course) along with the slight power/torque increase.

What concerns me is:

a) Does anyone know if having it remapped would put strain on the internals, as I imagine the 1.4tdci lump isn't designed to take much more power than what it produces as standard.

b) Would the increase in MPG be even noticeable? The car is extremely frugal as it is....so justifying a £200+ remap for 1 extra mpg is not really worth it.

c) Or realistically am I likely to lose MPG?

I know you guys probably dont have a great deal of experience with this engine but if anyone has any info on it for me it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - THE_Liam - 06-12-2011

Needs moar boost...

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Matt - 06-12-2011

Boooooooooooooooooost :p

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Niall - 06-12-2011

Wouldn't bother. It's a ford do will catastrophically go wrong very soon!

On a serious note, depends on how long your planning on keeping it?

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Craig-o - 06-12-2011

NiallHarper Wrote:Wouldn't bother. It's a ford do will catastrophically go wrong very soon!

Well the finance is for 4 years....so 4 years I guess lol. I'm really not looking to put any strain on the engine, just if I could increase the MPG further then I will as long as I can justify the pricetag of the remap really if you see what I mean

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - THE_Liam - 06-12-2011

Waxoyl the sills and arches as well! Seriously though mate I wouldn't bother with a map, isn't 70 mpg enough?

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Craig-o - 06-12-2011

THE_Liam Wrote:Waxoyl the sills and arches as well! Seriously though mate I wouldn't bother with a map, isn't 70 mpg enough?

70 is plenty....but if a remap would take that to 80 then that would obviously interest me Smile

And yeah that's one this I am very wary of is rust, because even though it's only 4 years old I imagine the old rot is going to be starting to set in here or there already Sad

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Anton - 06-12-2011

Talk to Jammapic mate, huge thread on tdocuk. Good for around 100 bhp easy enough

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Dum-Dum - 07-12-2011

Theyer good engines, my best mate (who im trying to get to join here) has the same fiesta but with the 1.6HDi lump and hes had a super chips map on it almost since he bought it. His is on finance too.

He loves the power, has never had any problems with the car and hes beating the book mpg.

I will badger him to join so he can tell you what he thinks

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Matt - 07-12-2011

Craig you get 70mpg but want more? Sometimes I'd be happy just to reach 40

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - THE_Liam - 07-12-2011

Matt Wrote:Craig you get 70mpg but want more? Sometimes I'd be happy just to reach 40

In the Calibra with an autobox, dodgy temp sensor, dodgy stat and fuelling issue I'd be chuffed with 25 mpg, getting 16 mpg just now :roll:

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Dan! - 07-12-2011

Try keep it constructive guys Confusednooty:

Craig, there are such things as 'economy' maps, which are designed purely for fuel saving, and any loss/gain in power is seen as a bi-product, but even with a good 'power' map (I say good because a poor map will usually smoke alot, be in-efficient and waste alot of fuel..) will see a healthy hike in power and torque.

This means when driven frugaly, the extra torque (produced at low revs) pulls you along faster, at lower revs, twhich means less revs before gear changes, and less fuel used to go the same speed. Does that sound right/make sense? :think: I know what I mean! lol

Obviously on the other hand though, you have more power, and if you use that power then you will use more fuel than you would driving it in a similar fashion on standard map.

For MPG/power/torqu figures your probably best off looking on ford specific forums, but as a general guide/guess, id say to expect ~5mpg off a decent map which is written with economy in mind. I cant be bothered to do the maths but I expect if you were to gain 5mpg then the fuel saving would pay for itself well within 4 years... Smile

Also, one last thing - make sure you go to a reputable well known company! There are hundreds of car shops/garages that buy downloadable generic maps off the web and flog them for rediculous prices (Was quoted £350 for one locally on a HDi :o ) I dont know whos popular in the ford scene, but for example, with pugs theres Whippy, Pro_steve, tb205gti, SPtuning, and in the VW/Vag scene you hear alot of good things about Revo, AMD etc....

Re: Remapping the Fiesta.... - Connor - 07-12-2011

NiallHarper Wrote:Wouldn't bother. It's a ford do will catastrophically go wrong very soon!

Peugeot engine though :dance: