306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Wanted: XUD Head - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: For Sale (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Misc & Wanted (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Wanted: XUD Head (/showthread.php?tid=17021)

XUD Head - ginge191 - 04-09-2013

Anyone have one in a reasonable condiiton; preferably skimmed and ready to fit.

RE: XUD Head - Piggy - 04-09-2013

I have one not skimmed!!?

RE: XUD Head - Ed Doe - 04-09-2013

Ginge, just buy a head and get it skimmed?

And who's engine is fubard now?!?!?!

RE: XUD Head - ginge191 - 04-09-2013

(04-09-2013, 09:11 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Ginge, just buy a head and get it skimmed?

And who's engine is fubard now?!?!?!

The time and effort to get a head from the scrappy.... nearly lost my rag gettin an inlet off yesterday as they drop these cars on subframes and really gets me wound up! Trying to get to the back of a bay to access the manifolds is a right PITA.

Early signs on the 205 Undecided It keeps temps fine, heats fine, doesn't over heat or anything, but it loses about 1.5L a fortnight, early foam stage in the rad/tank.
It'll make it through the winter i'd say, given it's driven sensibly Blush

ginge...you at castle combe on the 14th?

£15 for the effort of me taking it off and its yours

RE: XUD Head - Ed Doe - 04-09-2013

(04-09-2013, 09:16 AM)ginge191 Wrote: The time and effort to get a head from the scrappy.... nearly lost my rag gettin an inlet off yesterday as they drop these cars on subframes and really gets me wound up! Trying to get to the back of a bay to access the manifolds is a right PITA.

Early signs on the 205 Undecided It keeps temps fine, heats fine, doesn't over heat or anything, but it loses about 1.5L a fortnight, early foam stage in the rad/tank.
It'll make it through the winter i'd say, given it's driven sensibly Blush

Fair enough!

Are you SURE it's going though. You say it's losing 1.5l a fortnight, is it a leak in the rad? Could be a small one only visible when the coolant system is under pressure? I know the nad had a leaky rad...
Foam isn't a biggie, I've had a bit of foam before, i'd personally not worry about it too much....

(04-09-2013, 09:44 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Fair enough!

Are you SURE it's going though. You say it's losing 1.5l a fortnight, is it a leak in the rad? Could be a small one only visible when the coolant system is under pressure? I know the nad had a leaky rad...
Foam isn't a biggie, I've had a bit of foam before, i'd personally not worry about it too much....

The coolant system has been an absoloute PITA since it got fitted and i've fixed numerous leaks across the car. But i tend to check after i drive/park/pullaway for any wet on the floor, and fail to see anything.. i know not a failsafe method, but nothing.

Yeh i was merely going to get one in case something went and i needed to change it quickly Undecided I'll keep a close eye on it..

(04-09-2013, 09:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: ginge...you at castle combe on the 14th?

£15 for the effort of me taking it off and its yours

Not sure if i am or not, should be... I'll let you know, thanks mate ThumbsUp

let me know by monday...as car will be scrapped

RE: XUD Head - Pompey306mark - 04-09-2013

If you want the one in my garage come grab it. Will need skimming but that's about it.

(04-09-2013, 11:09 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: If you want the one in my garage come grab it. Will need skimming but that's about it.

Was this the one that kept blowing; or was the head not the issue in the end...?
also, how much has it already been skimmed?

RE: XUD Head - Pompey306mark - 04-09-2013

This is the one off my first engine, so did not have head gasket issues and I guess has not been skimmed before.

Spot on mark.
I'll message you if/when I need it x

RE: XUD Head - td_dan - 05-09-2013

ginge iv got 2 ones already skimmed so just let me know if you need one desperatly Smile

RE: XUD Head - ginge191 - 05-09-2013

Awesome mate!
Shall do ThumbsUp