306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Formula 1 Chat - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Formula 1 Chat (/showthread.php?tid=1601)

Pages: 1 2

Formula 1 Chat - Ben Jay - 17-02-2012

cully Wrote:Australian Grand Prix
Melbourne, 16-18 March
Extended highlights on BBC TV

Malaysian Grand Prix
Sepang, 23-25 March

Chinese Grand Prix
Shanghai, 13-15 April
Live on BBC TV

Bahrain Grand Prix
Sakhir, 20-22 April

Spanish Grand Prix
Montmelo, 11-13 May
Live on BBC TV

Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo, 25-27 May
Live on BBC TV

Canadian Grand Prix
Montreal, 8-10 June

European Grand Prix
Valencia, 22-24 June
Live on BBC TV

British Grand Prix
Silverstone, 6-8 July
Live on BBC TV

German Grand Prix
Hockenheim, 20-22 July

Hungarian Grand Prix
Hungaroring, 27-29 July

Belgian Grand Prix
Spa-Francorchamps, 31 August - 2 September
Live on BBC TV

Italian Grand Prix
Monza, 7-9 September

Singapore Grand Prix
Singapore, 21-23 September
Live on BBC TV

Japanese Grand Prix
Suzuka, 5-7 October

Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam, 12-14 October
Live on BBC TV

Indian Grand Prix
New Delhi, 26-28 October

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Yas Marina, 2-4 November
Live on BBC TV

United States Grand Prix
Austin, 16-18 November

Brazilian Grand Prix
Interlagos, 23-25 November
Live on BBC TV

Just thought I'd start an F1 thread as I couldn't find one on here.

So 27 days until 1st practice for Oz.

News today is Trulli has been given the boot by Caterham and replaced by Petrov!

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/843201/51abe42c1c/ARCHIVE

Re: Formula 1 Chat - mark_airey - 17-02-2012

[Image: yawn.jpg]

Did someone mention F1?........ Big Grin

Re: Formula 1 Chat - Connor - 17-02-2012

Confusedhock: wtf bit out the blue that...

Re: Formula 1 Chat - Ben Jay - 17-02-2012

More money I guess...he has the genii group backing him if i remember rightly

So whos he driving for now?

Trulli? Hes not. Probably going to hang out with Rubans in America driving Indy cars most probably. Enless he gets kept as a reserve/test driver for them but he's probably too pissed off to do that!

Re: Formula 1 Chat - ginge191 - 17-02-2012

I find this pointless and irrelevant, im out. <-- said in the voice of Duncan Bannatyne.

Ben Jay Wrote:Trulli? Hes not. Probably going to hang out with Rubans in America driving Indy cars most probably. Enless he gets kept as a reserve/test driver for them but he's probably too pissed off to do that!

So whats the actual reason they got rid of him, i read the link but it all seems a load of bollocks lol

[Image: 5008_9c00_420.gif?1318992465]

Connor Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:Trulli? Hes not. Probably going to hang out with Rubans in America driving Indy cars most probably. Enless he gets kept as a reserve/test driver for them but he's probably too pissed off to do that!

So whats the actual reason they got rid of him, i read the link but it all seems a load of bollocks lol

Probably just money. I think they have equal skill at driving but petrov brings more money to the table. It came as a shock to every one I think because he was saying how well the car was handling in Jerez and no one mentioned anything about Petrov moving to Caterham

Re: Formula 1 Chat - cully - 17-02-2012

i wont be watching half a season on bbc tv
sky have killed it off for me i'm not paying to watch!

Australian Grand Prix
Melbourne, 16-18 March

Malaysian Grand Prix
Sepang, 23-25 March

Chinese Grand Prix
Shanghai, 13-15 April
Live on BBC TV

Bahrain Grand Prix
Sakhir, 20-22 April

Spanish Grand Prix
Montmelo, 11-13 May
Live on BBC TV

Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo, 25-27 May
Live on BBC TV

Canadian Grand Prix
Montreal, 8-10 June

European Grand Prix
Valencia, 22-24 June
Live on BBC TV

British Grand Prix
Silverstone, 6-8 July
Live on BBC TV

German Grand Prix
Hockenheim, 20-22 July

Hungarian Grand Prix
Hungaroring, 27-29 July

Belgian Grand Prix
Spa-Francorchamps, 31 August - 2 September
Live on BBC TV

Italian Grand Prix
Monza, 7-9 September

Singapore Grand Prix
Singapore, 21-23 September
Live on BBC TV

Japanese Grand Prix
Suzuka, 5-7 October

Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam, 12-14 October
Live on BBC TV

Indian Grand Prix
New Delhi, 26-28 October

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Yas Marina, 2-4 November
Live on BBC TV

United States Grand Prix
Austin, 16-18 November

Brazilian Grand Prix
Interlagos, 23-25 November
Live on BBC TV

I have sky any way so it doesnt matter. I
t's a shame the BBC desided to do this but they should of thought about this before buying the rights!
I think Channel 4 wanted it when ITV's contract ran out and C4 put a bid in and lost.

Re: Formula 1 Chat - Moonstone2.0 - 17-02-2012

they should put a derv on the track..that would sort it out

Re: Formula 1 Chat - Pompey306mark - 17-02-2012

I have sky sports just not the HD channels. So will see most of the races no doubt. Last year I missed a number due to being out the country but I guess I wont have that problem this year lol.

I think vettel will win again, in even more style than the last two.

Re: Formula 1 Chat - kingy - 17-02-2012

Lets hope button does better this year and that Lewis crashes and dies a very slow and painfully death. I hate him more than that bloke who I caught pissing on my dog. Massa has the right idea, run the twat off the road. Arhhh. Sorry. Just. needed to get that off my chest. Yeah, looking forward to the start.

kingy Wrote:Lets hope button does better this year and that Lewis crashes and dies a very slow and painfully death. I hate him more than that bloke who I caught pissing on my dog. Massage has the right idea, run the lady garden off the road. Arhhh. Sorry. Just. needed to get that off my chest. Yeah, looking forward to the start.

Why the Hamilton hatred?

kingy Wrote:Lets hope button does better this year and that Lewis crashes and dies a very slow and painfully death. I hate him more than that bloke who I caught pissing on my dog. Massage has the right idea, run the lady garden off the road. Arhhh. Sorry. Just. needed to get that off my chest. Yeah, looking forward to the start.

Whats with all the hate? Seriously?

Re: Formula 1 Chat - Moonstone2.0 - 17-02-2012

kingy Wrote:Lets hope button does better this year and that Lewis crashes and dies a very slow and painfully death. I hate him more than that bloke who I caught pissing on my dog. Massa has the right idea, run the lady garden off the road. Arhhh. Sorry. Just. needed to get that off my chest. Yeah, looking forward to the start.

Lol some one is cranky this morning

He has been handed everything on a plate. He dosnt know what its like to struggle with a lower budget team. So what gives him the right to call other drivers muppets. It's just his whole attitute. I'm better than anyone. And he ain't. Don't get me wrong he is a amazing driver but personaly I just carnt stand him. And if drivers were truthfull they would say the same. Button for me.

I don't think hes been handed it on a plate! There's loads of drivers that have just gone into top teams!
I think hes been misfortunate with his managers and his off the track stuff has got to him.

Alonso is the only driver I hate.
Now he's arogent!

Mclaren spotted him when he was young and gave him everything he needed... Just like Man United did with David Beckham... Just like alot of other sports/teams do... Whats wrong with that?

^^im not saying theirs owt wrong it just his attitute towards the other drivers who are less fortunate. take last year, how many incidents was he involved in and just about everyone was his fault and yet he blames everyone else. i dont know of any other driver that has upset so many other drivers in so little time. i started to like him a couple of years ago, thought he was growing up but no. DONT TOUCH ME MAN and IS IT BECAUSE IM BLACK to quote a few. no lewis its not because your black, its because your a young boy who needs to grow up. dont get this from vetal. just my opinion anyway and i know hes liked by millions. just not my cup of tea. rant over.

edit. going back to the sky thing, ive got virgin media and they say that their might be a dedicated f1 chanel. think this will be cheaper than getting a package. will have to wait and see. like cully said, they have killed it taking off bbc1. like they dont make enough money off it as it is.

Re: Formula 1 Chat - Foxy-jim - 17-02-2012

It's the mentality that racing drivers are given. They need to think they are better then everyone else to be the best! It's the same in any sport! I've got a lot of time for Hamilton!

Yes he was involved in quite a few incidents, but only a few were his fault, the rest was just racing... But he seems to be penalized and blamed for all of them... Why? Well there are alot of old fashioned blokes at the top of F1 with equally old fashioned attitudes... And thats all I have to say on the matter lol

agree to diagree. lol

Re: Formula 1 Chat - 4WayDiablo - 17-02-2012

See bbc got most of the good races live but i have sky sports so not bothered. Might be worth a chat with the local landlord see if they would show it

4WayDiablo Wrote:See bbc got most of the good races live but i have sky sports so not bothered. Might be worth a chat with the local landlord see if they would show it

Ive always gone round my mates to watch it anyway and he already has sky, and my missis has sky+ if I dont end up round my mates, so not really an issue

Re: Formula 1 Chat - samass - 17-02-2012

ive got virgin and sky sports, and when the sky fi goes live, i think its included in the sports package... might be wrong.

but anyway, really looking forward to this season, even the cars look odd with those wafty new noses!

Re: Formula 1 Chat - 4WayDiablo - 17-02-2012

I just hope its not a repeat of last season. It really is boring when 1 person wins nearly all the races

suppose hamilton added a bit of exitement to last year. still dont like him though.
dont know why but ive got a feeling that its gonna be vetals year again. hope om wrong.