306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) (/showthread.php?tid=15736)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - devils_fuel - 12-05-2014

And then she's back on the road?

Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Mitch - 12-05-2014

I have lots of spare fmic pipes if you want some bringing to fcs, I had the same problem as you, in the end I turned the cooler over and used a silicone U bend Smile

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 13-05-2014

(12-05-2014, 09:03 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: And then she's back on the road?
Yep!!!! Big Grin Now well over a week since I've driven her more than a few hundred yards.

(12-05-2014, 09:43 PM)Mitch Wrote: I have lots of spare fmic pipes if you want some bringing to fcs, I had the same problem as you, in the end I turned the cooler over and used a silicone U bend Smile
Mate if you've got a 57mm U bend with decent leg length you'd be a legend.

Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - devils_fuel - 13-05-2014

Bet you can't wait to get behind the wheel again mate, I know I missed driving when I didn't have a car for a month - now I have a car I don't use it lol

Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Mitch - 13-05-2014

Like this?
[attachment=16213]

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 13-05-2014

(13-05-2014, 07:27 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: Bet you can't wait to get behind the wheel again mate, I know I missed driving when I didn't have a car for a month - now I have a car I don't use it lol
I actually don't drive much these days mate. I get the train to work most days and walk into town and to the shops alot. It has been an utter ballache the once or twice I've wanted it.

(13-05-2014, 10:03 AM)Mitch Wrote: Like this?
Yes Please mate. Legend.

Anyway, had the car finished by 10am. Very slight water leak but took her on a test drive to halfords (with 10l of water and 3l of coolant in the boot just in case) to get the part and she was faultless. Felt faster but the coolant does get hotter quicker (less air around the rad at slow speeds I suppose). Anyway, got her home gave her a tune and went to tesco and its actually less powerful. I think I've knocked the throttle back too far.
[attachment=16219]
[attachment=16220]
[attachment=16221]

Think I'm gonna cover the U bend in tape to make it look less lop sided and hide it. Also gonna trim the plate for better airflow.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Piggy - 13-05-2014

Poor thing looks like its got a black eye!!

Shall bring it along, i still have them wheel bolts I was meant to give you with the rallye too.

(13-05-2014, 02:15 PM)Piggy Wrote: Poor thing looks like its got a black eye!!
Does a bit doesn't she. Will be painted before FCS. Might give the grille a blow over too.

(13-05-2014, 02:46 PM)Mitch Wrote: Shall bring it along, i still have them wheel bolts I was meant to give you with the rallye too.
Awesome, your such a babe. I'd forgotten the rallye is missing wheel bolts.

Just one or two I believe Smile

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 15-05-2014

So looked at her last night leaving work and I think the beam is cambered on the nearside. Only noticed as I was walking up hill directly behind the car. Usually can't see that low lol.

Anyone got a sstraight beam for sale?

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Piggy - 15-05-2014

Thought you replaced the beam?!

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - DeeTurbo - 15-05-2014

(15-05-2014, 05:24 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So looked at her last night leaving work and I think the beam is cambered on the nearside. Only noticed as I was walking up hill directly behind the car. Usually can't see that low lol.

Anyone got a sstraight beam for sale?

Why not fix it yourself?

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - strictly_perv - 15-05-2014

Eli's selling her old GTI beam if your interested.

Funny you say that about the water temps being hotter as I noticed mine got hot rather quickly with the front mount (exactly the same as yours with the slimline fan in the same place). Heat soaks massively improved though.
May get another fan for it.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 15-05-2014

My fan doesn't work though, it's just lack of airflow at low speed. At road speed it's actually running cooler by about 3 degrees. Will you ask Eli for a beam price if it's straight.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Piggy - 15-05-2014

I had to rejig things with my fmic as there wasnt enough air flow to main rad

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Poodle - 16-05-2014

The problem stems from us removing the fan cowling, proper ducting would fix a lot of that, especially for an xud that needs the extra cooling.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Grant - 16-05-2014

Coming along nicely mate. Will this make it to fcs? Wink

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - mikey b - 16-05-2014

Looks good as said above will it be ready for fcs

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 23-05-2014

Sooooo, Shes been running well but I just cant seem to tune the pump to get the fuel in and the boost is dropping off every time I drive her, now down to about 11psi peak from 15psi when I fitted the FMIC

Cant work out where the boost is leaking from or what I've done to the pump but about a month ago I had it at nearly 20psi, coaling like f*ck on boost and could even make it bog at low RPMs but now I cant make it bog and its clean flat out at 11psi. I'm sure it cant be the fuel filter as it was only done about 500 miles ago.

My new filter for 10mm lines is tiny too, looked alot bigger in the pics, think I'm gonna have to run 2 of them side by side till I can afford to go to a proper filter and water separator like piggy has.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 09-06-2014

Sorry some of this is a week or so out of date now.

After my recent rad swap as the car was behaving and keeping it's water I decided to throw in a bottle of water wetter to help her stay cool especially with FCS coming up and I've gotta say it works compared to coolant alone. Its running a couple of degrees cooler and if it does get hot it cools down faster so its recommended.
[attachment=16722]

Swapped both wishbones again in anticipation of FCS track time as I thought my P bushes were shot and I've gotta say they were by no means bad compared to some peoples on here but with Partner 800 p-bushes. Easy job with a hammer and a grinder. got them on with the bigger bolts and new pinch bolts and they are a brilliant drive, absolutely sure footed all the time and a very very worthwhile upgrade.
[attachment=16723]
[attachment=16724]
[attachment=16725]
[attachment=16726]

Next up was my 10mm fuel lines, found some reinforced clear line on ebay that said it was suitable for oil so got some so I could spot air bubbles.
[attachment=16727]

you can see the difference in flow in the banjos
[attachment=16728]

And a pair of before and after shots
[attachment=16729]
[attachment=16730]

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Piggy - 09-06-2014

what difference have you found with the 10mm lines matey?

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Dum-Dum - 09-06-2014

No starvation at the top end of the rev limit when I'm running alot of fuel like the top end of 3rd where it was doing it.

I'm still not tuned as hard as I could be. I need to get more boost and suspect I have a little bit of a leak somewhere. Will check tomorrow when I re pipe the intercooler.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Piggy - 09-06-2014

what fuel filter you using?

I cant find a decent micron 10mm fuel filter anywhere.

I want to find one to try and see if its my truck filter starving my top end.

I reach 4100rpm ish and its like I have a gov'nor!

Its a cheep one off ebay and definitely far too small, looking for something better as its tiny. I dont think I can be running anywhere near as much fuel as you and probably don't really get that high up the revs as I don't have a gauge and don't want to risk it.

Gonna crack on with wiring tomorrow and try and get a re gauge working and glow plugs and a fan.

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Tom - 09-06-2014

For your 10mm fuel lines...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Filter-Service-Fiat-Seicento-1-1-Hatchback-187-1998-2004-/290694574073?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFiat%7CModel%3ASeicento&hash=item43aebf2ff9

Is that genuinely 10mm in and 10mm out?

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Chris_90 - 09-06-2014

You guys though about land rover fuel filter head? You can put what ever banjo size on it you want, just in the middle of fitting 10mm pipes to the vento using one, also using a vwhear exchanger on it so it heats the veg oil up to.

That got 10mm inlet and outlet tom?

Cant imagine it would flow enough, looks tiny Undecided

(09-06-2014, 09:16 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: You guys though about land rover fuel filter head? You can put what ever banjo size on it you want, just in the middle of fitting 10mm pipes to the vento using one, also using a vwhear exchanger on it so it heats the veg oil up to.

basically what I am using.

Be curious to see your heat exchanger mate. I want to set one up for winter

RE: Dum-Dums 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. Now with added FMIC!! - Chris_90 - 09-06-2014

It's basically like a 306 oil heat exchanger use the adapter to screw it to head and run coolent pipes to it but the one I'm using is off a vw.