306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Headgasket symtoms? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Headgasket symtoms? (/showthread.php?tid=15311)

Headgasket symtoms? - HDIkyle - 07-07-2013

Gets hot in traffic unto about 95 or so then the fans can keep it under control briefly until moving.

When on boost the temps shoot up and the top rad hose tends to pressure up and stays hard even when cooled down. Open rad and waters very low then fills hack up when rad bleed is undone.

Overheated today to just under the red while driving up big hills so pulled over and the hoses were rock hard so let some air out the rad but instead a vast amount of water came spewing out. I am hoping it was just a lack of coolant although I have put 3 litres in when bleeding it. I did the headgasket before fitting the engine but got a feeling I hav'nt done it right?

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Danny2009 - 07-07-2013

Sounds like head gasket. Did you skim the head before fitting new gasket?

My estate did this pressurising top hose gettin got, used to have to keep topping water up, got to a point that I couldn't cover a mile before it overheated and needed more water

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - HDIkyle - 07-07-2013

Ye skimmed and new valves. It has been ok but seems to be running hotter and hotter as of late

Checked thermostat?

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - HDIkyle - 07-07-2013

Ye I run without it for few days but was exactly same

It's not looking good :/

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Tom - 08-07-2013

Its the td04 f*cking shit up...

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - HDIkyle - 08-07-2013

But do people usually have problems when running td04? Only running 20psi on a 9mm

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Rich306 - 08-07-2013

Do you have any other symptoms of HG failure? Ie: crummy oil and bad mix of oil and coolant?

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Mattcheese31 - 08-07-2013

sounds like HG to me mate . . .

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - HDIkyle - 08-07-2013

Coolant goes manky and smells abit funny but nothing major I don't think

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Danny2009 - 08-07-2013

Does really sound like gasket pal

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Rich306 - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 04:01 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Coolant goes manky and smells abit funny but nothing major I don't think

Well it shouldn't... lol mine smells a little funny but not to the extent of Head gasket.

I'd definitely look into the fact that the previous work done in sorting out the gasket failed matey. Take it all apart, get a new head gasket and torque the head down before you warp the head. Smile lets hope it solves your issue.

RE: Headgasket symtoms? - Ruan - 09-07-2013

Xuds rarely mix their coolant and oil, I've only seen it in serious cases of HGF... I.e. You wouldn't make it to the.end of the road without it boiling over...

I'd put money on it being the HG... Drive it without the rad cap on, does it spew its water out and bubble??