306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Valentines Day V-Power! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Valentines Day V-Power! (/showthread.php?tid=1464)

Pages: 1 2

Valentines Day V-Power! - Toms306 - 12-02-2012

Hi Guys,

Might treat my car to a tank of V-Power on Tuesday as theres 5ppl off. Smile

I'm aware they'll probably just whack an extra 5ppl on it the night before lol, but I woulda got diesel on Tuesday anyway so might aswell go for V power if its only a couple of pence extra.

Will see if it makes a difference lol.

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr ... promotion/

Tom

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Foxy-jim - 12-02-2012

Win!

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Niall - 12-02-2012

You know your odd when treating your car to a valentines day present!

(I might take advantage though....do it on the fuel card and get an extra 2ppl off as well Smile

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Toms306 - 12-02-2012

NiallHarper Wrote:You know your odd when treating your car to a valentines day present!

(I might take advantage though....do it on the fuel card and get an extra 2ppl off as well Smile

Probably be the same as regular fuel with 7ppl off! Big Grin

I wonder if I'll get more shell points with V-Power... :think:

Oh and the car is the closest thing I'll get to a 'girl' on valentines so might as well treat it. Tongue

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Niall - 12-02-2012

Nearly half of British male drivers value their cars above other personal possessions such as wedding rings and even family pets!
One in 8 of us believe our car is not just a vehicle to get us from A to B â?? but it truly represents who we are as a person.
14% of those polled said they had their first kiss in a car.
One in 8 Brits confessed they have even given their car a pet name - top of the list of the most popular names are Trevor, Orla and Bettsi!
One in nine women spend 1-2 hours a week maintaining their car.

Haha love these on this page. I can say to nearly all of them!

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Toms306 - 12-02-2012

NiallHarper Wrote:Nearly half of British male drivers value their cars above other personal possessions such as wedding rings and even family pets!
One in 8 of us believe our car is not just a vehicle to get us from A to B â?? but it truly represents who we are as a person.
14% of those polled said they had their first kiss in a car.
One in 8 Brits confessed they have even given their car a pet name - top of the list of the most popular names are Trevor, Orla and Bettsi!
One in nine women spend 1-2 hours a week maintaining their car.

Haha love these on this page. I can say to nearly all of them!

Lol, tbh I was surprised the figures for the a-b are so low.....is it really only 1 in 8 that give a crap about thier cars!? :o

I can say yes to the top two though......dunno where I'd be without a car!!

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - kingy - 12-02-2012

im the top 3 but dont tell my mrs, she will go mad hehe. hang on a minute, if i do show her she will flip and not talk to me. that means i can go and spend some time with my puggsie. oh wait, make that top 4 lol.

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Foxy-jim - 12-02-2012

I do most of them! Haha.

Valentines Day V-Power! - MarkTD - 12-02-2012

Nearly all of them apply! and the mrs know's the car comes before her lol

I'm going onto v-power for good! I will treat her to some more on Tuesday!

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - kingy - 12-02-2012

treat who? the car or your mrs lol

Valentines Day V-Power! - MarkTD - 12-02-2012

Well the mrs has had alot lately, so the car lol

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Dum-Dum - 12-02-2012

Think I might have to take advantage of that offer.

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Connor - 12-02-2012

Pfft superstore diesel ftw lol

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - 4WayDiablo - 12-02-2012

I prefer to use shell diesel but i dont care. Vpower smokes a lot less cant really notice a performance difference

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Toms306 - 14-02-2012

Well, I treated her today, 38 litres of VPower Diesel (3/4 of a tank) for £55....not too bad, only £1.20 more than regular shell diesel lol.

Must admit, it does seem to make a difference though!! Either placebo, or just cos its dry so TC hasn't been cutting so much......but it definitely seems to pick up quicker! Will see if theres an mpg difference at the end of the fortnight too. Smile

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - cully - 14-02-2012

forgot about this

cully Wrote:forgot about this

You better get down to shell then! :o

Tbh, the petrol station wasn't any more busy than usual and most people stillbuying regular, I thought it'd be packed with people buying the VPower today! Confusedhock:

but ive got a 10p off per ltr at tescos voucher

cully Wrote:but ive got a 10p off per ltr at tescos voucher

Hmm..... :think:

But don't you wanna try V Power lol?? lol

think il go with the tesco's and 2strokeoil
dont need to buy vpower with a discounted price if i want to try it id just buy it as its only £5 more over a tank

But a fiver is a fiver lol!! I wouldn't use it at full price.

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Eeyore - 14-02-2012

Toms306 Wrote:
cully Wrote:but ive got a 10p off per ltr at tescos voucher

Hmm..... :think:

Made no difference in the 1.4 :/ Then again im pretty sure oil was more of an issue! Might have to try it in the 1.8 in the summer and ive got a job!

SRowell Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Hmm..... :think:

Made no difference in the 1.4 :/ Then again im pretty sure oil was more of an issue! Might have to try it in the 1.8 in the summer and ive got a job!

A job? Oh I remeber what a job is, its been so long! Sad

Tbh I dunno what the difference with v power diesel is but i know the petrol has a higher octane rating so it burns cleaner and reduces engine knock. Smile

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Ruan - 14-02-2012

V-Power Diesel has a higher Cetane rating (how quickly and readily it burns, pretty much opposite to Petrol with Octane...)

You'll notice it most in older Direct Injection engines... IDIs don't need the very quick burning characteristics like DIs do and well mapped CRs you won't notice it either due to they are already burning it stupidly quick as standard... So like old VP TDis etc you'll notice it most on, where the low injection pressure is helped by the higher cetane number with noticably less soot...

Ah right cool. Smile

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - Strikeforce - 14-02-2012

I have always used supermarket fuel untill the other day when i filled up at bp (mate filled my tank half priceWink)
And the diffrence its made in my hdi is quite a big 1, feels much more smoother and pulls a little better and sooner and i dont think its that placibo *spelling* effect as i wasnt even expecting a diffrence and about 10-15 miles after filling i notice my car is more responsive than ever!
So from now on i will be using the good stuff, no more sainsburys fuel even though i got about £22 worth of necter points on my card lol

Strikeforce Wrote:I have always used supermarket fuel untill the other day when i filled up at bp (mate filled my tank half priceWink)
And the diffrence its made in my hdi is quite a big 1, feels much more smoother and pulls a little better and sooner and i dont think its that placibo *spelling* effect as i wasnt even expecting a diffrence and about 10-15 miles after filling i notice my car is more responsive than ever!
So from now on i will be using the good stuff, no more sainsburys fuel even though i got about £22 worth of necter points on my card lol

Well I always use shell regular just because I have a shel points card lol. So I wasn't expecting any difference either, if anything I was hoping there wouldn't be a difference so I wouldn't want any more lol!! But it does definitely feel better with the v power, and shot off like a stabbed rat when I went to overtake someone on the way home!!

However, it might just be bacuase I'm usually driving alone but over the last few days had 2 or 3 extra people in at a time....and now going back to just me again feels quicker..... :think: ...I dunno, will have to give it a few more days I think!

I will be using shell v power from now on as that will probably be better than the bp stuff,
I used to read threads on cheap fuel vs the good stuff but i always just put it down to people being snobbish lol.
If i had a hat i would eat it right now

Re: Valentines Day V-Power! - 4WayDiablo - 14-02-2012

I can tell there is a difference between v power and normal diesel as there is a lot less smoke than on the regular stuff
Surely would mean more is getting burnt better poke :-)

I do love black smoke tho Tongue even though i have never had a car that pumps it out lol, i love it when a dirty diesel blasts past me while coaling its arse off :oops: