306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
ffs, had to happen to me - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: ffs, had to happen to me (/showthread.php?tid=14457)

ffs, had to happen to me - sam - 06-06-2013

Well as I was leaving mikefords place after buying his half cage I was on route to go see leemus at his gaf, for a catch and most of all pick up bits and give him some $, got to the m25 were I noticed my temp gauge was abit high so pulled over to the hard sholder (I no its not an emergency) to open the bonnet to pull the brown plug off to make the fans work and low and behold the 1 time turns up asking why I was on the hard sholder and I said to turn the fans on! Was asking whys there no number plate on the front, whys it so low , whys there no cat (I have a genuine cat from pug on there, I even bet £20 that I have one, not the best thing todo) whys it loud , why am on the m25, why have I got alot of money on me, am I carrying drugs, why are my tryes stretched, have I got an mot, tax and insurence, and your car is getting towed back to mine to get an mot asap, I mean what the actuall f**k, at the moment theyve searched me and the car and found nothing, amd the asked me why do I have a 6 pack of diet coke in the back? Urmm let see I dont drink it thats whys its there, I am hostly inasnely pissed right now

Rant over

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - puglove - 06-06-2013

get away with it?

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - sam - 06-06-2013

Most of them got to put the number plate back on the front and its booked in at work tomorrow for an mot Sad but its on the back of a tow truck to mine now as they dont think its road worthy, they said about the tyres been stretched is safe I said the amount of tyres ive stretched at work is alot and none have come back, he turned round and said dont be cheeky! Hows that been cheeky?

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Chris_90 - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 05:53 PM)sam Wrote: Most of them got to put the number plate back on the front and its booked in at work tomorrow for an mot Sad but its on the back of a tow truck to mine now as they dont think its road worthy, they said about the tyres been stretched is safe I said the amount of tyres ive stretched at work is alot and none have come back, he turned round and said dont be cheeky! Hows that been cheeky?

Sounds like you got him on a bad day or he was a genuine arse! But is it unsafe to have tyre stretch then? Will it go though an mot with them like that?

I xant really say tbh dude I do alot of stretch tryes at work and none of them have come back, mine are fine handles the se has a tad more understeer than usual but its all good and the mot side I dont no im taking another set of wheels with me just in case

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - bigcheez2k3 - 06-06-2013

Caught them on a bad day it seems. I had one check all in my engine bay once just because I'd told him he was wrong about my number plates.

However, also had a really decent guy who was talking to me about cars while giving me a, deserved, telling off.

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Niall - 06-06-2013

Does sound like you just got an arsehole tbh. There are some that really dont like modified cars yet some who are quite interested in them. I got pulled a few months back because of a bulb out. The guy did the typical licence and insurance check and then we stood and had a chat for about 20 minutes about cars. Think he took an interest as he had a brand new 1.9 205 GTi when they first came out. Dont think he quite understood me when jokingly i said i live for the 306...

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Choppin - 06-06-2013

Thers absolutely f*ck all wrong with a lil stretch, my brothers drift car runs stretch wen he can't get wide enough tyres and never had a tyre pop off or course any problems, so if a drifter can go sideways @ 70+ mph without a single issue then stretch on a normal road car has no problem, sounds like the police were just havin a crap day n wanted someone to annoy

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Dum-Dum - 06-06-2013

Wait did you not have an MOT or did they PG9 it?

About your tyre stretch IIRC your on falken ze912s on 7.5" wheels which the falken tyres site says is fine
http://www.falkentyres.co.uk/falken-ze912/195-40r16-80v-ze912/

As for getting searched how did they know you had a large amount of cash on you? Seems like a perfectly reasonable reason to search someone as they all say the are off to buy a car, buy car parts or buy a present for a family member.

IMO we all get stopped, we all get searched and we all get told off for our cars so quit your whinging.

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Connor - 06-06-2013

Can someone translate the first post?

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Jonny81191 - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 07:46 PM)Connor Wrote: Can someone translate the first post?

This. I guess he was on his phone in a rage lol

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - k3ogh - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 07:15 PM)Choppin Wrote: Thers absolutely f*ck all wrong with a lil stretch, my brothers drift car runs stretch wen he can't get wide enough tyres and never had a tyre pop off or course any problems, so if a drifter can go sideways @ 70+ mph without a single issue then stretch on a normal road car has no problem, sounds like the police were just havin a crap day n wanted someone to annoy

100mph entrys as standard Smile

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Matt - 06-06-2013

So were you driving without a mot?

Re: RE: ffs, had to happen to me - vlj - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 09:16 PM)Matt Wrote: So were you driving without a mot?

I think they've made him re-mot to prove it's roadworthy?

I was in a rage sorry if the first post doesnt make sence I was on my phone wilst I was typing this (not while driving) and have an mot but doesnt believe me it passed an mot at the height it is

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Eeyore - 06-06-2013

this sounds ridiculously anal. They best be paying for your MOT!

(06-06-2013, 09:23 PM)vlj Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 09:16 PM)Matt Wrote: So were you driving without a mot?

I think they've made him re-mot to prove it's roadworthy?

Vlj is right

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Niall - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 09:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: this sounds ridiculously anal. They best be paying for your MOT!

lol Dont be silly. The police have the right to tell you to re mot your car if they feel the need and rightly so. Whilst i dont doubt that Sams car is road worthy, there are a lot of people out that that do drive utter shit heaps that are fit for the scrap yard only yet still get MOTs.

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - ozonehostile - 06-06-2013

whats wrong with driving a low car?

have any issues getting on the flatbed? haha

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - sam - 07-06-2013

Apart from using blocks of wood and my splitter near enough coming off not really no

ffs, had to happen to me - THE_Liam - 07-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 09:30 PM)Niall Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 09:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: this sounds ridiculously anal. They best be paying for your MOT!

lol Dont be silly. The police have the right to tell you to re mot your car if they feel the need and rightly so. Whilst i dont doubt that Sams car is road worthy, there are a lot of people out that that do drive utter shit heaps that are fit for the scrap yard only yet still get MOTs.

I'm sorry mate I don't agree with this. If any copper can just order you to have a new MOT done because your car is modified, and their wrong and your car passes, why should you have to pay the fee for their misguided suspicion?

Potentially this could happen 3-4 times a year and cost you £150 in test fees when you haven't done anything wrong or illegal.

If your car has an MOT, it has an MOT, end of. If it has an obvious fault such as bald tyres, lights out or dodgy plates that's fair enough, but when they can't see anything wrong, they just suspect?

Also, it seems too many coppers don't know what's legal and what isn't when it comes to cars, surely a traffic officer should know that? I once got pulled by a traffic copper because e saw me filling up with veg in Asda car park, and he asked ME if it was legal...

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - cully - 07-06-2013

drive a shitheap get treated like a shitheap by the po-po

yes the police can do what they want
bastards impounded my car for a week had to go with my dad and plead with them as i needed it for work
oh the joys of being 17 and driving like a knob!

Re: ffs, had to happen to me - CJ_Derv - 07-06-2013

Ask him next time if hes done his checks on his car worked for me once as he handnt n he just carried on his was soon caught me another day tho but had nothin on me haha

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - ginge191 - 07-06-2013

Sorry... i thought MOT's were valid for the date given; nothing can invalidate an MOT; this was told to us (me and tapperrs) from VOSA themselves.

There's something fishy here? Dum-dum, perhaps shed some light onto the police and the powers surrounding "forcing" a retest?

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Scott - 07-06-2013

It'll mean the car was road worthy on the day it was tested. Something could break or be modified which could make it unroadworthy afterwards.

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Niall - 07-06-2013

(07-06-2013, 12:59 PM)Scott Wrote: It'll mean the car was road worthy on the day it was tested. Something could break or be modified which could make it unroadworthy afterwards.

Exactly. I have to explain this so many times with my work. The service certificate is only valid whilst I'm there. As soon as. I leave, something may be changed. Same applies to MOTs. It's only really applicable whilst in the test station!

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - sam - 07-06-2013

well it did fail on 2 things blowing from the manifold and handbrake cables repaired them both and now has an mot Smile

RE: ffs, had to happen to me - Dum-Dum - 07-06-2013

(07-06-2013, 12:42 PM)ginge191 Wrote: There's something fishy here? Dum-dum, perhaps shed some light onto the police and the powers surrounding "forcing" a retest?

It depends if its been PG9'd or VDRS. I don't really know alot about either as VDRS is a waste of time and the Met no longer do it and I'm not PG9 trained.