306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Won't rev - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Won't rev (/showthread.php?tid=14335)

Won't rev - karl1989 - 02-06-2013

Hi guys bit of a problem. Was out earlier in the car with my mate. Thought I'd show him some boost so clutched the car to get it on boost them it cut out. Started It the revs would only start when the pedal was near the floor. Then it wouldn't start, ran out of derv so filled her up starts better but no revs. I've been trying to adjust the throttle arm but to tired to think after doing a 16hr shift then at it again today working and doing axle. If anyone can help please say. Debating on selling the cabby and the derv now

RE: Won't rev - Jenkosowls - 02-06-2013

Checked cable? tbh iv never really liked your pump there's something just not right you've slways had problems with it. I highly doubt the arm has slipped unless the splines on the arm are shagged or the lock nut has come loose and popped the arm off the splines. A possibilty is the gov cradle could have snapped with the harsh launching. Could be anything. Standard pump and a couple of hours and itl be a different car if you came back to me

RE: Won't rev - karl1989 - 02-06-2013

Can't see it being cable. Guna have to get another pump. Don't suppose you have one about do you?

Took the top of the pump off. No gov to be seen looked around and can't see it anywhere :confused:

RE: Won't rev - Tom - 02-06-2013

Its probably been eaten by your pump. If thats the case it could of made it into your injectors and allsorts. Bad day to be you.

It still starts fine. Need a another pump asap

RE: Won't rev - the milkman - 02-06-2013

Think cj may have a pump not sure though

RE: Won't rev - Dave - 09-06-2013

Your gov is gone??? Lol wtf

RE: Won't rev - Piggy - 09-06-2013

woh...thats a new one...epic epic fail

RE: Won't rev - cwspellowe - 09-06-2013

Do you mean the cradle and everything is gone? Or the circlip came off the governor and everything's pinged out the cradle?

Either way.. EPIC lmao

RE: Won't rev - Jenkosowls - 09-06-2013

It was all in the bottom of the pump and unsurprisingly intact!

RE: Won't rev - cwspellowe - 09-06-2013

lmao

Amazing. What do you think? Reckon it just wasn't seated properly in the levers?

RE: Won't rev - Jenkosowls - 09-06-2013

It's like the cir Clip had pinged off but I'd goved it last year so if that was the problem then it would have happened sooner all the gov bits are reusable not damaged including the circlip so there wasn't any stress. Karl had the then top half off the week before but was able to drive it as usual. Iv still got the bottom half of the pump the governor pin is still floating about in it! Will dig it out when I can be arsed!

RE: Won't rev - karl1989 - 09-06-2013

Still got most of the bits for another gov Smile. New pump is good just got to tweak it more

RE: Won't rev - Tom - 09-06-2013

Thats amazing that it survived!