306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Show: FCS 2013 - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Meets (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Show: FCS 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=13848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

FCS 2013 - Niall - 15-05-2013

Right started a new thread to clean things up. Try and keep chat to a minimum.

Camping
This morning we have FINALLY secured a campsite. It's a 16 mile drive from CC (all A road so nice and quick). It's a nice site with plenty of facilities including a restaurant and bar. We have availability at the campsite for 60 people on 30 pitches. That means 1 tent to two people but I know most will be sharing so that's not an issue. The main issue we do have is parking. There is 20-25 parking spaces on the campsite. I'm awaiting the manager to phone me back to see if he can give us a few more spaces. Because of this, we are going to give the spaces out on a first come first served basis. First 20 to pay will get a parking space on site. For the others we have two options. Park at Fcs on the Friday night and get a lift back to the campsite or we are going to try and find a local car park.
I do understand this is far from ideal but we really have struggled to find accommodation. We have been working hard on it since we heard it was at CC this year and only came to an agreement this morning with this site!
Cost is £10 per person, per night payable directly to the club PayPal as a gift. PayPal address is payments@306oc.co.uk. In the payment notes, we need your username, name, contact number and reg number and what nights your staying.

Camping payments must be received by Monday 1st of July

Now I know we are all fairly sensible but I am going to stress this as I don't want us ending up with a reputation like saxperience (Puglove!). Park the car up and leave it there. We are not allowed to park next to tents but we do have our own parking area so don't have to worry about door dents etc from other campers. Try not to be too loud and if one of the campsite staff or forum staff tell you to pipe down, do so although I'm sure it won't come to that! Make sure there is no litter and put any in the bins. Last year was quite frankly a joke with regards to litter when everyone left for the show Sunday. A few of us went back after the show and it looked like a rubbish lorry had exploded and we ended up tidying up your rubbish. Not really fair on us or the site! It's a family site and there will be families there so bear this in mind and no stealing children Sam and Matt. Finally, any guests you bring are your responsibility. I'm sure a few of us remember the incident with 4 ways mate at the Christmas meet before last. If anything like this happens, you and your guest will be told to leave.

Anyway, serious bit over!

The campsite is called Newton Mill. It seems to be a very nicely kept place with plenty of stuff on site

http://www.newtonmillpark.co.uk

address is:
Newton Mill Holiday Park
Newton Road,
Bath,
BA2 9JF

If you have any questions about the site, please do not contact them directly. They have asked that they only deal with one person with regards to the booking otherwise it gets too confusing. Any questions, drop me a PM Smile

We have also just realised that just round the corner is plenty of nice quiet residential roads for parking so ideal!

the show
Tickets are available here

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/tickets

They are £15 for the weekend and are available now. They are available on the day but generally more expensive so we recommend getting them ASAP. When booking, select the option that you are with a club. They are doing it slightly differently this year and instead of them issuing your stand pass like the previous years, we will now be doing this at camping and via post for those of you not camping.

Looking forward to this now and let's try and make it as epic as last year!

Finally, I'd like to say a massive thanks to Kerry and Jamie (Mr and mrs Puglove) for all her help with arranging camping and putting up with me constantly nagging her over the past week. If anyone fancys getting her and Jamie a drink or two as a thanks at the show, please do!

Update 23/05/13

Right ive just got off the phone from the campsite manager.
He has offered us some pitches on the other side of the river separating us so EVERYONE can park. The downside to this is, he is loosing money on them pitches then so there will be a charge of £5 a night per car. This does not apply to the guys who are in the first 20.

I know its not ideal and brings the total cost for camping both nights with a car to £30 but i will stress again, due to our numbers, we really have struggled to find a site! If you have already paid and want parking, same applies. Pay the £5 or £10 to payments@306oc.co.uk with your username, car reg and just a note saying you have paid for camping already and this payment is for parking.

RE: FCS 2013 - Connor - 15-05-2013

Seeing as im sleeping in my car... Does that count towards a pitch or parking space?

RE: FCS 2013 - Niall - 15-05-2013

Parking space mate. Their one rule is absolutely no cars on the field they have given us. They would of let us have 60 cars but they just don't have the room.

FCS 2013 - Frosty - 15-05-2013

So pay as soon as we can?

Also I'm not sure which car I will have so shall I leave giving a reg?

RE: FCS 2013 - MissTap_GTI6 - 15-05-2013

Thanks Kerry! Big Grin x

(15-05-2013, 12:52 PM)Frosty Wrote: So pay as soon as we can?

Also I'm not sure which car I will have so shall I leave giving a reg?

Yep sooner you pay, the more chance you have of getting a space at the campsite

RE: FCS 2013 - Midnightclub - 15-05-2013

Now that it's booked/confirmed etc.. what is the campsite? or is it a secret lol

(15-05-2013, 01:09 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Will you be able to create a list of all that have paid and that have secured a parking spot at the campsite?

Yes once people pay, I will confirm if they are parking on site or not

(15-05-2013, 01:10 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Now that it's booked/confirmed etc.. what is the campsite? or is it a secret lol

I'll get some pics and address up in the first post in a bit.

RE: FCS 2013 - Scott - 15-05-2013

It's no secret Danny Smile

Just a note, if you do not pay as a gift, or your non-gift payment does not have extra to cover the fees, we won't be securing your place on the campsite until the remainder has been paid. It may sound harsh but we can't be covering for people not paying from the club fund. It's not fair on other members who have paid correctly, the club, or the people who have donated or purchased club clothing, stickers or other items.

Also a massive thanks to Jamie, Kerry and Niall for their help in organising this side of things for the show this year Smile

FCS 2013 - Stephen - 15-05-2013

Paid Smile

Forgot to include in the notes I'm staying Friday and Saturday night but that should be obvious by the amount of money

(15-05-2013, 02:40 PM)mikey b Wrote: If I pay now / today is this mean I have parking on camping site Cus don't want to pay and then get told I have to park miles up road thanks

If your in the first 20 then yes but even still where are you going to camp if you dont get on site camping? Not going to go to another campsite on your own just because you have to park 5 minutes away are you?

First post updated

With regards to parking, Scott made a good point that just round the corner is loads of quiet residential roads with plenty of parking. Ideal!

Parking spaces are running out on the site fast guys!

(15-05-2013, 06:15 PM)mikey b Wrote:
(15-05-2013, 03:30 PM)Niall Wrote:
(15-05-2013, 02:40 PM)mikey b Wrote: If I pay now / today is this mean I have parking on camping site Cus don't want to pay and then get told I have to park miles up road thanks

If your in the first 20 then yes but even still where are you going to camp if you dont get on site camping? Not going to go to another campsite on your own just because you have to park 5 minutes away are you?

Didnt mean it that way was only asking frosty has paid till next week for me and jimbob as don't get paid what time are most people thinking of arriving

AH i see. Yes Everyone who has commented so far has a space.

Ill be arriving late morning on the Friday as ive got a few bits to sort out with the campsite staff and my tent takes about 4 hours to put up lol. Oh and i can get on the beers big time at lunch time Big Grin

RE: FCS 2013 - Jimbo - 15-05-2013

Well chuffed I got a parking space, might take the Friday off work and pop up earlier
Didn't want to Miss out on this should be a good laugh

(15-05-2013, 06:38 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Well chuffed I got a parking space, might take the Friday off work and pop up earlier
Didn't want to Miss out on this should be a good laugh

Ive taken the friday and monday off work. Will be packing the car thursday night, up at 7 on the friday, down the cafe then on the road for a slow eco drive there Big Grin Cant wait!

RE: FCS 2013 - Mrs puglove - 15-05-2013

(15-05-2013, 07:42 PM)Niall Wrote:
(15-05-2013, 07:37 PM)kingy Wrote:
(15-05-2013, 07:31 PM)Niall Wrote: As with parking anywhere, its at your own risk. They are not private roads so providing you park in a sensible manner so as not to annoy any residents, they have no reason to kick off.

Alternatively, if you dont like it, park in a car park in Bath then get a cab back.

Mmm, probably just me but not to sure on the idea of parking my car outside someones house or paying extra to park in a car park and run the risk of being broke into or getting damaged.

Well you can park on site if you like? Providing you pay up asap before all the parking slots go.

We dont have any other choice. Bath is hardly a rough area and its a well lit street so its only as risky as you parking it outside your house.

Alternatively, camp at FCS. You can camp next to your car then if it bothers you that much.

Hey guys,

It took alot of effort from Niall to secure this site. Me and Puglove are really close to combe and have visited, called emails about 30 places(during work time).NONEof them would except a goup this large, We also dont know how many of the camping places have been taken up on CC and everyone opted for own campsite in the first poll.Its as cheap as people wanted, in a good location with excellent facilites.May even be able to get good pictures in the facility as well.There are loads of reviews on Pitchup.com that have been very positive, don't be put off by one review.

The only downside for this hardwork has to be the parking.We still have time to sort/arrange other options and talk to people in the area, but lets be fair, it's great they are taking such a large group in the first place.

Our massive success as a forum has in this instance, been a massive burden. Most sites aren't even big enough to cater for 60 people (if they follow the 4 meter rule which they should be) so we have been very lucky for this site to be so accommodating. I understand some wont be happy about having to park down the road but you wont believe the amount of time me, Kerry and Jamie put into finding a site and trying to please everyone.

The nearby roads are well lit, nice and wide, no yellow lines, no parking restrictions and plenty of places to park where you wont be over drive ways or getting in peoples way. Bath is hardly a rough area and parking there, you will only be taking as much as parking elsewhere you would when going out. If you don't like it, pay now and get one of the handful of remaining spaces on site, park in a secure car park in Bath and get a friend or cab to bring you back or camp with another club. Far from ideal but its either this or no camping at all.

By the way Niall I'll be convoying up there with you on the Friday morning with the gazebo Smile

I've cleaned this thread a little. If people have problems with the arrangements please PM me with your concerns and I'll be happy to discuss things with you, but please let's keep this thread clean to help people find important information.

Camping has been extremely difficult to organise this year due to the change of location (if it was same as last year we would have been fine back at the same site), and due to shorter time constraints, and larger numbers. There are not many campsites in the area, let alone ones which are able to cater for such a large group of people, and an even smaller number still who are willing to offer the site to a car club. Jamie, Kerry and Niall have done a great job finding and organising a place for us to go. The downside of the site is that there is not enough parking on-site for everyone to park, though there are other parking spaces nearby, so you will be able to unload your tent and camping gear then drive just one road away and park.

The majority of people voted for camping to be done separate to FCS so that's what we have done. We tried to arrange our own space at FCS for the club to camp together, however there were not enough pitches to do so, and as they are operating entirely on a first-come first-serve basis, some of you who could not afford tickets until the end of the month would not have been able to camp with us at all and would be having to find a campsite or hotel on their own. At least with the club, you are not prevented from camping with us. Only parking is limited.

As mentioned, if you have problems with this, please PM me rather than posting in this thread.

RE: FCS 2013 - Niall - 17-05-2013

(17-05-2013, 05:39 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Any list yet?

Ive got a list of whos told me they have paid but i just need to confirm it with scott who controls the paypal account. Once we have checked them out and make sure no one is lying, ill put up a proper list but for now the provisional list for the 20 cars is

Niall
Scott and Kim
Ed and Maz
Fooby
Ruan
Chris
Grant
Samass
Jamie and Kerry
Vaughan and Amie
Stephen
Mikey B
Frosty
Jimbo
Mattcheese 31
Eli and Stephen
Toon93
Darren and Chris
Chris pellowe & family
Sean

RE: FCS 2013 - Niall - 23-05-2013

Good lad Smile
Keep the money coming guys! We have a deadline to get this into the campsite and we are also booking up fast so make sure you get to camp with us!

Also, ive been in touch with the campsite owner. Looking promising for more parking Smile

RE: FCS 2013 - Pompey306mark - 23-05-2013

Niall, are you sure they won't let people onto the grass?

Last time I stayed at this place we were allowed on the grass.

(23-05-2013, 04:36 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Niall, are you sure they won't let people onto the grass?

Last time I stayed at this place we were allowed on the grass.

yes i am. I would also be very interested in watching you get your car next to your tent bearing in mind we have the meadow which is separated from the main site by a river only accessible via a foot bridge!

Right ive just got off the phone from the campsite manager.
He has offered us some pitches on the other side of the river separating us so EVERYONE can park. The downside to this is, he is loosing money on them pitches then so there will be a charge of £5 a night per car. This does not apply to the guys who are in the first 20.

I know its not ideal and brings the total cost for camping both nights with a car to £30 but i will stress again, due to our numbers, we really have struggled to find a site! If you have already paid and want parking, same applies. Pay the £5 or £10 to payments@306oc.co.uk with your username, car reg and just a note saying you have paid for camping already and this payment is for parking.

RE: FCS 2013 - Just Sean - 23-05-2013

Just to clarify. theorigianl 20 dont have to pay the extra fee?

(23-05-2013, 06:24 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Just to clarify. theorigianl 20 dont have to pay the extra fee?

Correct as we have had 20 parking spaces included with the field as that is all they offer for the field. This parking that is paid for is actually on other pitches.

(23-05-2013, 07:51 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: What if I were to sleep in my car?

well its 10pppn and 5pcpn so 15 a night.

FCS 2013 - THE_Liam - 23-05-2013

(23-05-2013, 07:51 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: What if I were to sleep in my car?

Just a warning, last time I was camping and people were sleeping in cars I may have slightly gaffer taped all the doors shut...

Re: FCS 2013 - kentiiboii - 27-05-2013

Do I have to pay with paypal or can I use bank card?

RE: FCS 2013 - kingy - 27-05-2013

(27-05-2013, 07:12 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Do I have to pay with paypal or can I use bank card?

it gives you the option mate