306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
undertray??????? are there any? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Interior, Exterior, ICE (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: undertray??????? are there any? (/showthread.php?tid=12507)

undertray??????? are there any? - 306GT30 - 04-04-2013

Was/is there a undertray for a phase 3?

I dont know if theres supposed to be one, but ifso im missing it Wink and could need one...

anyone know of prices?

thx

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Mattcheese31 - 04-04-2013

i think the HDI's have them . . .Smile

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - vento85 - 04-04-2013

My Phase 3 HDi has a under tray fitted already.

If you get it from Peugeot then its really expensive if I remember correctly but couldn't give you a price from the top of my head.

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - 306GT30 - 04-04-2013

They dont sell them anymore , i just called the stealers... theres an alternative and he couldnt say if it was plastic or steel one...costs a 105 euro!!!!!!

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - vento85 - 04-04-2013

I have seen them on ebay sometimes for a lot less then €105 but it depends if the selling is willing to post it out to you.

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Scott - 04-04-2013

You can also find them on GTi-6s occasionally, I know Kim's GTi had one before I removed it while working on it and never bothered refitting it lol

undertray??????? are there any? - Alee83 - 04-04-2013

I got one on the Rallye... PITA...!!!

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Willo - 04-04-2013

There's a sort if under tray on my phase 2 NAD wagon covers back half of the engine

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - TomLum - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 02:19 PM)306GT30 Wrote: Was/is there a undertray for a phase 3?

I dont know if theres supposed to be one, but ifso im missing it Wink and could need one...

anyone know of prices?

thx

Yes my P3 Gti has one, can get a photo if you need one.

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - 306GT30 - 04-04-2013

yeah please show me please

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - darrenjlobb - 04-04-2013

Undertrays annoy the crap out of me, everytime you have a oil leak you have no idea where its coming from until you have sacked it all off, and adds 5 mins to every service Tongue

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Niall - 04-04-2013

I was considering making one but dont know if its really worth it/needed. Think a chat with poodle is in order!

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Rich306 - 04-04-2013

Mine is sitting in the back garden waiting for me to fix it lol, fell off of my Rallye a week ago Sad

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Birk - 04-04-2013

To much weight.

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Ed Doe - 04-04-2013

My Diablo had one. It's a bit beaten up from the crash, but still perfectly usable.. I just never got round to fitting it to the Astor...

(04-04-2013, 07:41 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: My Diablo had one. It's a bit beaten up from the crash, but still perfectly usable.. I just never got round to fitting it to the Astor...

Not anymore. Me, curt, matt and sam took a massive metal pole to most of your stuff when i was down there Sunday

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Ed Doe - 04-04-2013

Great. Really appreciate it niall.

I really hope you didn't seeing as that was in the neat pile of 'stuff I want to keep' in the corner, nowhere near the 'big pile of scrap including the diablo shell'.....

Well considering when we got there, it was all being chucked in the back of the shell ready to go, i dont think its a keep pile anymore lol

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Toms306 - 04-04-2013

I've never seen one on a 306! Undertrays do make a huge difference if theyve been fitted from new though, keeps the bay much cleaner for a start, no water and road salt rusting stuff either. Would also be ideal for the guys that run defilter lol.... Oh and it means the auxbelts dont get wet constantly like on a 306, always bloody squealing on mine even after fitting new ones! Plus I assume it helps lower wind resistance for better mpg too lol.

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Piggy - 04-04-2013

I hate them...always getting covered in crap when you remove it...but they have their uses.

reduction in engine noise...better mpgs...less crap/salt etc hitting your nice clean xud Wink

just make one...you got tonnes of money :p

do a cardboard mock up and have one made from carbon or kevlar !!!

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Dave26 - 07-04-2013

I had one, then I went over a speed bump and I didn't have one.

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Pgtips - 11-11-2014

(04-04-2013, 02:19 PM)306GT30 Wrote: Was/is there a undertray for a phase 3?

anyone know of prices?

thx

Anyone bought one of these & if so what's the fit like ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121367979297?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_1986wt_1173
Looks like the correct shape but no hole for the gearbox ventilation but could be sorted with a dremel lol

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Toms306 - 11-11-2014

Gearbox ventilation? I thought it was to allow the various fluids collected on the tray to run out.... lol

Also, probably the only one to have giggled at this... 'POSITION ON THE CAR: FRONT BOTTOM'

On topic though, woulda been better of starting a new thread I reckon. Smile I haven't bought one, but it does look the right shape.

undertray??????? are there any? - Razorback_Rob - 12-11-2014

I had one on my old lx hdi. Went through a flood when going too quick in the dark and I suddenly didn't have one.. Or a heatshield above my exhaust either [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Piggy - 12-11-2014

Anyone got one in decent nick they dont want?!

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Toms306 - 13-11-2014

I did have a spare, think it got dumped though due to being too big for sensible postage!

RE: undertray??????? are there any? - Pgtips - 14-11-2014

I bought one of these & can confirm it fits/holes all line up & no need to cut a ventilation slot for the gearbox as there's a gap at passenger side directly infront of where the fims are on the end of the gearbox lol
I also used s/s bolts so should come off easily at service time