306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Flocking.... - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Interior, Exterior, ICE (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Flocking.... (/showthread.php?tid=11828)

Pages: 1 2

Flocking.... - Piggy - 12-03-2013

I have made a number of enquiries with companies...

unfortunately the cheapest are miles and miles away and courier price would double the job price...
close unit to me does it...they want £200+vat JUST for the dash Nospeak

so....anyone know of reasonably priced places south midlands, gloucs, wiltshire, warwickshire, worcestershire areas??

and secondly...I am seriously looking into a flocking kit...a electrostatic small kit to do it meself.

If I did and with practice got a fine finish...would there be any interest in parts being done on here??....

thinking generally easy to send small parts??

RE: Flocking.... - Matt - 12-03-2013

If you bought your own gear I'd want a few parts done Smile

RE: Flocking.... - Piggy - 12-03-2013

what would people expect to pay? I aint looking to be a millionaire...just want to know I could cover the costs

Any idea on what the costs of doing peices would be?
If it was me I'd look at what it cost to actually do items + postage. Then add £5/10 on top.
That way it will work out quite cheap IMO and probably get a fair few people wanting it done

RE: Flocking.... - Slam Wagon - 12-03-2013

Possible interest for a few bits doing. Im sure i know a few people that would be after some more if its a good price

RE: Flocking.... - Pompey306mark - 12-03-2013

Good luck with postage mate, you will end up with a load of returns.

Flocking is easily crushed. You can't use bubble wrap as that leaves circular imprints in the flocking.

Here is what I paid for mine.
Dash £85 including glovebox and fuse cover.
ABC pillar and roof handles. £65
Lower console and floor surround £40.
Centre fascia, and vents £25.

Something along those lines. He has a full pricelist on his site.

thats mega cheap...where is this guy and his site??

can post without too much bother little parts...time to allow to cure that people forget

RE: Flocking.... - Pompey306mark - 12-03-2013

He is down here is portsmouth/ gosport.

And it's nothing to do with curing, it's not like paint that does hard. It's a material and with a bit of pressure it marks. Best way to remove the marks is with steam and a tooth brush.

yeah i know what it is...but theres still curing needed depending on the adhesive used....some take an hour...others 10-12

RE: Flocking.... - jay5488 - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 01:03 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: yeah i know what it is...but theres still curing needed depending on the adhesive used....some take an hour...others 10-12

My mate does flocking... sure he said around £150 for a dash... no vat!!!

thats still £65 more than the chap mentioned above....and I can buy a decent small kit for that and make me money back doing odd bits for others

RE: Flocking.... - jay5488 - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 04:22 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: thats still £65 more than the chap mentioned above....and I can buy a decent small kit for that and make me money back doing odd bits for others

yeah, I know its not cheap, however I know he spent ages
getting the correct adhesive for it, never had one peel yet and he supplies
for a lot of rally cars..... road cars is just a sideline, he also has a flow bench
and can re cut valve seats lightening balancing etc etc...

right...yeah Im ok on the valves...just curious about flocking! lmao

Crack on and buy your own Wink

yeah once I sold some more parts I will be

Goo to hear Smile

Flocking.... - Y444TES - 12-03-2013

I bought a flocking kit from frost auto restorations near me and it did a really good job everyone who saw it said it looked really good and the kit was only £18.50 I thought it was worth a go.

£18.50 ?! Christ even if give it ago for the lols

was that just a glue and puff kit??

Im looking at a electrostatic jobby...gets the nylon flock particles to stand on end as they should...better feel, more even coverage and lasts longer

RE: Flocking.... - Curt - 12-03-2013

I've heard not so good things about the cheapo kits

This is the kit I had I bought an extra bag of flock to cover everything I just took my time and made sure it was well covered.
http://www.frost.co.uk/interior-trim/flock-colour-trim-kit.html

yeah if its just a dust/blow onto an adhesive its not as good as the charged stuff obviously.

but to be honest...£200 or £20...if it aint a show car, who cares if its not quite as good?!

(12-03-2013, 09:21 PM)Y444TES Wrote: This is the kit I had I bought an extra bag of flock to cover everything I just took my time and made sure it was well covered.
http://www.frost.co.uk/interior-trim/flock-colour-trim-kit.html

I'll be using them for adhesives and flocking material but using a electrostatic tool to apply it.

I'll also be getting the fire proof adhesive rather than just general modeling flocking glue

It's not as good as the charged flocking but like you say it's not cheap i do like flocking just go for the best you can afford I only bought that kit because I had a spare dash and I don't like paying for other people to do stuff I think I can do haha.

RE: Flocking.... - darrenjlobb - 13-03-2013

Forgive me for being the dumb arse here...but what exactly is the point in this flocking? Is it just literally a cosmetic thing? Looks like a bit of a farce to keep looking right / I dont even see how it looks that good?! lol

RE: Flocking.... - declantg - 13-03-2013

I thought it was to stop dash glare in rally? Or am I waaaaay off

Flocking.... - Alee83 - 13-03-2013

(13-03-2013, 11:07 AM)declantg Wrote: I thought it was to stop dash glare in rally? Or am I waaaaay off

Spot on...!

RE: Flocking.... - Piggy - 13-03-2013

yeah few benefits....

looks ace
stops glare
looks ace

RE: Flocking.... - Curt - 13-03-2013

When done properly it's actually really versatile and hard wearing, seen a few flocked rocker covers. Wouldn't do it my self, but the used one I saw or sale still looked good

When I get a spare £20 I'm going to give that kit a go