306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Newbies (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. (/showthread.php?tid=11433)

hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - flasher:) - 27-02-2013

Bought my first 306 there off gumtree, cant work out what engine it has, taxbook says 1.9 diesel, seller says 2.0 hdi.

Im lost so thought you lot could help. heres a few photos.

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Oil-burner - 27-02-2013

Hdi mate

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - cwspellowe - 27-02-2013

^^what he said. The rubbish one.

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - flasher:) - 27-02-2013

whats the difference to see between that and a 1.9??? thanks for the quick reply

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Herby7 - 27-02-2013

Try servicebox with your vin . Servicebox is in the guides section it might say it in there .

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - cully - 27-02-2013

its an early HDI
with water fuel heater not electric
and it has the anti resanance peugoet mod on the fuel line

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - flasher:) - 27-02-2013

ok cheers lads great job, what is an anti resanance mod??
also, where can i read about tuning/modification for it??

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - cully - 27-02-2013

(27-02-2013, 08:43 PM)flasher:) Wrote: ok cheers lads great job, what is an anti resanance mod??
also, where can i read about tuning/modification for it??

early HDI suffered from humming in the fuel lines the mod stops that

go look in the guides section for stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 tuning for the hdi

ok no probs!

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Eeyore - 27-02-2013

yep thats a hdi without the cover.

The 1.9 has mechanical fuel injection and the hdi has electrical fuel management.

The other differences involve culture... if you own a 1.9TD youll be on here talking about veg and blowing up your engine... if you own a hdi youll be whining about how 50mpg isnt good enough Smile

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Oil-burner - 27-02-2013

^^ this

(27-02-2013, 09:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: yep thats a hdi without the cover.

The 1.9 has mechanical fuel injection and the hdi has electrical fuel management.

The other differences involve culture... if you own a 1.9TD youll be on here talking about veg and blowing up your engine... if you own a hdi youll be whining about how 50mpg isnt good enough Smile

Haa, sounds like a shoulda bought the 1.9!
Next step is whack out the contents of my cat converter lol

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - puglove - 27-02-2013

Put a decat on it! and your right you would of been better of with a 1.9 Tongue

But Hdi's dont usaly use that RAD do they?? :S

RAD????

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - RJDubya - 27-02-2013

(27-02-2013, 10:04 PM)puglove Wrote: Put a decat on it! and your right you would of been better of with a 1.9 Tongue

But Hdi's dont usaly use that RAD do they?? :S

Yeah, think its just the ph1's that have the expansion tank built into them, ph2 and 3 its separate. Assuming that what you mean?

Im not sure if this is ok to ask here, but is anyone selling a de cat pipe o???

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Piggy - 27-02-2013

search the 'for sale' section!!

taxbook...you said is says 1.9???

Just smash the shit out of your cat, all the crap will come out then.

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - Piggy - 28-02-2013

you could get quite a bit of money for it though tbf...lots of precious metals in it

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - puglove - 28-02-2013

Piggy has a point. Would ve smore cost effective to weigh in the cat and buy a proper decat.

For the OP - you dont need a cat for MOT on a hdi so no need to hold on to it

RE: hi, first post. Help me out here boys trying to find out what engine i have. - flasher:) - 28-02-2013

Ok sweet, will a de cat help her rev a bit more freely?? Seems very restricted at the moment