306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Interior, Exterior, ICE (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Single wiper conversion kits available today? (/showthread.php?tid=10771)

Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Pipps - 11-02-2013

Has anyone done this conversion themselves at any point?

Can anyone recommend a single windscreen wiper conversion kit for the 306 please?

I don't really want to pay above £100. What are the more cost-effective options?

NB: I contacted Storm today, but they no longer make them.

Re: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Tyronnster - 11-02-2013

I wanted one as well got a photo of one but don't have dimension's

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - HDIkyle - 11-02-2013

I had 2 over the years. Don't bother there shit. The weight of the wiper just strips the splines on anyspeed over intermediat. There also a nightmare to set up and once you use it it knocks the park out so it gets stuck on the skuttle. Mine were both storm kits also

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Eeyore - 11-02-2013

Just fit aero blades for £5 off ebay!

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Pipps - 12-02-2013

Hi Kyle, thanks for saving me a lot of money. I will stick to two wiper blades then.

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Willo - 13-02-2013

I got aero blades on mine they look much better than standard tbh

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - DeeTurbo - 15-02-2013

You can use the motor and bits of a ZX. All the mounting points are there.

[Image: Citroen_ZX_front_20071031.jpg]

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Jonny81191 - 15-02-2013

Been thinking about this for the track car, but I want one that parks in the middle cos it'd look epic Big Grin

But main reason would be weight, going all out on it so a few grams going down to the ZX setup would do, just ideally want it in the middle lol

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - DeeTurbo - 15-02-2013

Some people have hacked there rear wipers to park in the middle, I guess the same could be done on the ZX one and yeah it looks cool, BTCC style.

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Connor - 15-02-2013

(15-02-2013, 08:51 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Been thinking about this for the track car, but I want one that parks in the middle cos it'd look epic Big Grin

But main reason would be weight, going all out on it so a few grams going down to the ZX setup would do, just ideally want it in the middle lol

Thats easy... Just set it so its stopped in the middle... I could set my wipers to stop in the "up" position, all depends where you set it on the motor spindle

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Ben - 18-02-2013

Didn't know the zx came with single wipers, is that on all models? Good to know if I ever fancy a single wiper on the cheap..

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Ollie - 18-02-2013

Yeah all the ZXs have single wipers! Good job aswell! Don't know anything about swapping it over to a 306. The zx actually has a small notch out of the bonnet where the wiper arm comes up past. Something to take note of.

[Image: 140.jpg]

RE: Single wiper conversion kits available today? - Piggy - 18-02-2013

yeah would rub if fitted to a 306...but then you find a lot rub anyway from the bonnet being lift up a bit quick too many times