306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
matts xsi euro project - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: matts xsi euro project (/showthread.php?tid=44)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Re: matts xsi euro project - karl1989 - 24-03-2012

Matt Wrote:
karl1989 Wrote:ye thats what i did just get the wires from the wiper and put them to the boot lock then you just have to get a piece of metal on the boot lock and modify it abit so it pops. btw car looks really nice. did you use a spray gun

I used a roller. Rollered the primer on and then then Matt paint. Smile turned out alright Smile

And Conner I'll definatley check out that guide now Smile
a roller lol. looks good tho to say you did it that way

matts xsi euro project - Matt - 24-03-2012

Dum-Dum Wrote:That looks like it needs a second coat mate.

Matt Wrote:What's the best way of hooking up the rear to pop with the rear wiper mech? Anyone got a how to?

Ive done a guide in the guides section mate.

You can use your C/L motor in the boot as the popper to save buying one.

I'm smoothing the side strips and front bumper then it's getting a third coat lol.

Re: matts xsi euro project - kingy - 24-03-2012

white euro. win win win. looks cool matt. look even better when you get it all smoothed. man after my own heart.

Re: matts xsi euro project - Niall - 24-03-2012

Any close up pics of the finish? I've only ever seen 1 car painted well with a roller ( and as stupid as this sounds, I've seen quite a few) which was a brand new focus RS and he put a shit load of work into flatting and polishing it!

Re: matts xsi euro project - cwspellowe - 24-03-2012

FFS another white one? We should have our own stand at FCS. You, me, Birk, Kyle...

Re: matts xsi euro project - Poodle - 24-03-2012

:o You got it done!! Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt!

Re: matts xsi euro project - Eeyore - 24-03-2012

Sad I liked the old paint job Sad

Niall Wrote:Any close up pics of the finish? I've only ever seen 1 car painted well with a roller ( and as stupid as this sounds, I've seen quite a few) which was a brand new focus RS and he put a shit load of work into flatting and polishing it!

Will get a close up pic when it's done. Tbh I'm probably going to wait a couple of weeks to harden then flat it back so you can't tell it's a roller job lol

SRowell Wrote:Sad I liked the old paint job Sad

So did I. I loved moonstone but my bodywork was f*cked. Got a quote for a respray and all the dents and scuffs fixed and it was around £1500 mark. And tbf this paint job has only cost me £30ish quid so far Big Grin

Re: matts xsi euro project - thms182 - 24-03-2012

I like the old paint job too (because I wanted to butcher it) white is cool though Smile

thms182 Wrote:I like the old paint job too (because I wanted to butcher it) white is cool though Smile

Tbf looking back you probably would t have wanted the bits. It all need respraying lol

Matt Wrote:
thms182 Wrote:I like the old paint job too (because I wanted to butcher it) white is cool though Smile

Tbf looking back you probably would t have wanted the bits. It all need respraying lol

If it meant skipping the hassle of tracking down decent bumpers, I wouldn't have minded haha.
On that note, I need ph3 bumpers if anyone has some Smile

Once I have smoothed my spare one you can have mine if you want it mate. Although it will be Matt white haha

Re: matts xsi euro project - Scott - 24-03-2012

cwspellowe Wrote:FFS another white one? We should have our own stand at FCS. You, me, Birk, Kyle...
Birk? You mean he got the dimma sprayed white? :/

Re: matts xsi euro project - 4WayDiablo - 24-03-2012

Scott Wrote:
cwspellowe Wrote:FFS another white one? We should have our own stand at FCS. You, me, Birk, Kyle...
Birk? You mean he got the dimma sprayed white? :/
I think he got a daily run about
Dimma was still astor as of a week ago iirc

Matt Wrote:Once I have smoothed my spare one you can have mine if you want it mate. Although it will be Matt white haha

That would be great, thanks!

Re: matts xsi euro project - samass - 25-03-2012

im really curious to know/see the finish on it atm with the roller job.... in my head, its like a textured ceiling haha

matts xsi euro project - Matt - 25-03-2012

It's more like a freshly painted wall haha. It's not to bad tbf but only problem is is there are lines from the edge of the roller. As the roller slowly f*cked up.

Re: matts xsi euro project - Niall - 25-03-2012

Should have done the mirrors gloss black. And the badge. Be a nice bit of contrast!

Re: matts xsi euro project - kingy - 25-03-2012

yeah, black and white always looks cool like on the ph1's. saying that imo if you go euro then its all gotta be smooth and all one colour. but thats just what i think.

Re: matts xsi euro project - samass - 25-03-2012

Matt Wrote:It's more like a freshly painted wall haha. It's not to bad tbf but only problem is is there are lines from the edge of the roller. As the roller slowly f*cked up.
haha fair! now im imaginging it all stripey hahaha
nah im sure its not that bad, it looks really good in the pics!

Re: matts xsi euro project - Scott - 25-03-2012

What about purple mirrors Matt? If you're still doing the centres of your wheels purple I think it could look good!

matts xsi euro project - Matt - 25-03-2012

White base purple cap? Wink haha
Tbh I only painted the mirrors as when the misses was pairing she went over the edge of one lol so thought f*ck it lol.

Re: matts xsi euro project - Scott - 28-03-2012

Just to check mate, have you informed the DVLA of the colour change? Might want to get that done sharpish!

Re: matts xsi euro project - 4WayDiablo - 28-03-2012

When i painted my chalkboard i got pulled over but luckily "i had just painted it 2 days ago and sent the letter yesterday"

matts xsi euro project - Matt - 28-03-2012

Nope haven't informed either. It will be getting done tomorrow. DVLA and insurance!

matts xsi euro project - Matt - 29-03-2012

Right update, phones the insurance to change colour, also started to declare my mods as currently driving a standard car :oops: £31.40 for lowering but can only cover up to 50mm drop and won't won't the suspension components in a crash!!!
And they want £55 to change the colour!! Haha

Any way loled at them told them to do one and she's gone to talk to her pricing team lol.

Also today had a few things delivered

- more stickers Big Grin
- one xsara mist jet. (I failed to order a pair Sad )
- 25mm bolt to hub wheel spacers Big Grin

Getting a wanted thread up in a mo for some more buts I need Smile

Re: matts xsi euro project - 4WayDiablo - 29-03-2012

You got 1 mist jet? I have 1 mist jet lying about lol
From a xsara

matts xsi euro project - Matt - 29-03-2012

Yep thought it was a pair. Bought it got all excited, threw the others in a skip that was next to the car opened the package and only had one!

Re: matts xsi euro project - Connor - 29-03-2012

Make sure its a V8 and not H4 otherwise the jet aim is wrong