306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - Dave - 14-02-2013

Stupid non-existent page!

Yeh typical XUD, all the inertia just destroys everything haha, oil pump, snapped the chain, smashed the sprocket, and obviously the sump, and block casing... was low rpm though, so didnt smash the piston home to the head which was good so heads still fine Big Grin

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - mr_fish - 14-02-2013

haha the head lives to be boosted once again. how many blocks is that now that have gone bang in your possession?

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - Dave - 14-02-2013

Yeh head is modified so will be on the next high booster. This is 6th blown block lol

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - Dicky - 14-02-2013

Swear you just put rods through blocks for fun! lmao

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - ozonehostile - 14-02-2013

you are well and truly dave the destroyer haha

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - Scott - 14-02-2013

(14-02-2013, 11:10 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: you are well and truly dave the destroyer haha
whistle

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - ozonehostile - 14-02-2013

haha, good man scott

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - Shea - 15-02-2013

This makes me want to man up and buy an engine to build up...

RE: Daves DERV- Blown XUD.jpg - Dave - 18-02-2013

some balancing action for new block..

[Image: IMAG1595_zps1efe0dd5.jpg]

f*cked up the last gudgeon pin modifications, I'm sure this one will be ok though Smile

All in balance at 1581.2g reciprocating assemblies.

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Dave - 01-03-2013

Haven't really added to this recently, but some destruction photos...

[Image: IMAG1568_zps28bc1dd4.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1567_zpsa1089843.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1549_zps05072747.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1566_zps44ad5275.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1565_zps435c6162.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1558_zpse118f46a.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1556_zps1a6c4afe.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1555_zps30f459e0.jpg]

heads all fine though, thank f*ck

[Image: IMAG1554_zpsf346cc73.jpg]

Block a few weeks ago, now moved on from here just need to take some more photos...

[Image: IMAG1603_zps52bde4bc.jpg]

Car with will getting an engine bay jet wash, bigger fuel lines, lowered gti beam to go with the gti6 fronts, coilovers on the front, and get the meths kit bolted on finally - sticking with TMIC Big Grin Just sorting a few more things out and waiting for a few more parts then I can put it back together and drop her in for the ever satisfying fault finding/tweaking/tuning/trouser browning.

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Ben - 01-03-2013

Oooh nice blue block! Have you used HDI rods again?

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - ozonehostile - 02-03-2013

I do rather like a blue xud block. Dont blow it up!

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - zx_volcane - 02-03-2013

Looking good Dave Smile

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Jarrus - 04-05-2013

10/10 for perseverance mate,

are you still running those shaved pistons?

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Tom - 04-05-2013

What do you parents say about your engine constantly exploding? Lol.

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - darrenjlobb - 04-05-2013

Good work Dave Smile

Hopefully this time next year we will all have big blown dervs up and running again, cant remember the last time we all met with more than just a single car with a running engine haha.

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Dave - 07-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 01:54 AM)Jarrus Wrote: 10/10 for perseverance mate,

are you still running those shaved pistons?

Cheers mate, yeh the 6th engine it does get tiresome, I have amounted several decent components over the last few years for one 'final' engine, of which havent really been used in other builds but are hopefully all coming together now (vnt/studs/engine inners/clutch etc) so hopefully all these together should make it last/perform better than all the stockers that were shitting themselves before.

(04-05-2013, 07:26 AM)Tom Wrote: What do you parents say about your engine constantly exploding? Lol.

Christ, my dad goes mental each time, 'cos all the lightswitches/kettle/tea cups/doorhandles become black.

(04-05-2013, 07:50 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Good work Dave Smile

Hopefully this time next year we will all have big blown dervs up and running again, cant remember the last time we all met with more than just a single car with a running engine haha.

Cheers darren, its getting to the stage where it will soon be ready to drop back in car. I think it will be before next year that we all meet with working motors, you'll surely have your vag, james with his zx, ruans got his working motor its just me to get on the move again :p

Not really taken many photos of this build, but heres the block shortly after that previous photo I posted weeks/months ago, have done alot of work on it since then but will get another probably just before it goes back in.

[Image: IMAG1827_zps1d309bf4.jpg]

Havent had as much time on this as I would have liked, due to other commitments/nagging girlfriend but she in my boot at the moment so work is getting done Big Grin

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Ben - 07-05-2013

Ooh very nice. What rods/pistons have you gone for this time? And is your manifold a full custom one or a pipe coming off the original manifold?

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Poodle - 07-05-2013

Love the massive turbo lol, look forward to seeing this lump develop fella, always love your projects.

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - samass - 07-05-2013

Knowing your luck, I'd be surprised if there isn't a hole in the block before you get it out the garage! lol

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - cwspellowe - 07-05-2013

Dave pre-holes his blocks to save time days down the line

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - samass - 07-05-2013

Oh I see, its planned for our entertainment. Nice

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Dave - 07-05-2013

(07-05-2013, 09:33 PM)Ben Wrote: Ooh very nice. What rods/pistons have you gone for this time? And is your manifold a full custom one or a pipe coming off the original manifold?

Hopefully something that may last abit more abuse that the stocks! mani is sort of a mish mash I have used parts of the standard one but there are additions to it.

(07-05-2013, 09:48 PM)Poodle Wrote: Love the massive turbo lol, look forward to seeing this lump develop fella, always love your projects.

cheers, anxious to get this back on the road asap as its taxed! dreaming about epic boost now its close to completion Big Grin

I am hoping this one makes it a little further out the garage, no doubt there will be parts spat on the road at some time in the future though! Which can only mean too much power right???

I honestly thought about putting a rubber nappy under the block to save embarrassment when the engines caught off guard and it slips a little one out! but as said hopefully this block should last a little longer Big Grin

abit of fab work that was done recently, although im no good at welding.

[Image: IMAG0237_zps254cbbeb.jpg]

has passed the blowjob test underwater though...

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - zx_volcane - 09-05-2013

Looking good Dave, love the size of that blower Big Grin

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - ozonehostile - 09-05-2013

ooooohhh il be keeping a close eye on this

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Frosty - 10-05-2013

When you used hdi rods in the past did you use new big end shell? If so did you get them from peugeot? Im after the part number if you have it as peugeot list 3 and are all different thicknesses

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Dave - 10-05-2013

(10-05-2013, 09:59 PM)Frosty Wrote: When you used hdi rods in the past did you use new big end shell? If so did you get them from peugeot? Im after the part number if you have it as peugeot list 3 and are all different thicknesses

Never used new shells, always clean used ones - I always found it was never the shells that gave out on a rod blowing (unless the shells can affect the rods themselves bending which I severely doubt!) for me it was just unnecessary spending. Not sure on the part number though sorry :S

Getting to that eager time, all faces are getting cleaned up, new gaskets being made/bought, and final things are being done then its just chucking it all back together/in.

Dug out something I haven't touched for about 2 years Big Grin hopefully it prove to be useful !

[Image: IMAG0007_zps90cdb51e.jpg]

and got this fitted after being sat for months...

[Image: IMAG0001_zps3f574c2e.jpg]

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Dicky - 11-05-2013

Do you have a rough deadline for this engine to be finished and in?

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - Dave - 11-05-2013

Before FCS, hoping to put it on the dyno ideally... its almost ready to go on, just doing silly shitty things like cutting new gaskets, cleaning faces, finishing off oil lines, fixing up head...

Noticed a massive fail today though, my previous head which had the big vnt on it, has dropped 2 of its pre-cups, oopps.. need to do something about that on the next head!...

Went to fit the gti6 gearbox today.. and the arm was seized, couldnt be arsed to f*ck about to grinder came out.

[Image: IMAG0009_zps087783e7.jpg]

also have a small issue with gear linkage clearance, so they will be modified at some point when the shells brought in... need a new water pump too... its coming together though.

[Image: IMAG0013_zps1540abc8.jpg]

RE: Daves DERV- New Block - samass - 11-05-2013

That's quite a big pipe for the turbo, is that the feed for the turbine, or the downpipe?